About To Mix Some Nutrient Salts ... Any Thoughts On The Recipe?

• Thread starter DaBomb326
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaBomb326

Never heard of that one being added as nutrient salts, would you mind telling me what recipe you use your salts for the first npk value you showed?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Per gal
Cal nit 1.9g
Mag sul 3.0
Mkp .75
Pot nit 1.

Originally I did mag sul at 1.5, but thought they needed more so I doubled it.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

The seconded on is more common to use, if ur using soil(fox farms etc) you could be over doing it

D

DaBomb326

Wow golly these are entirely different than what Stain Creation posted, i think i might try this out first and see if it works. Definitely seems like a lighter dosage for sure.

you said you do .1 of minor per gal?

Yeah and what was the second formula you were planning to do?

Mr.X

Mr.X

Im kinda inclined to listent this guy from RAW nutrients, im sorta new to this so i dont know how to upload vidz or a link. But the title on youtube is full plant nutrients its got a dude with mutton chops and a white lab coat. Incredibly well informed and logical. I believe it is a must 4 any1 reading or posting on this thread.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Did U check the vid out? With the guy from RAW, HARLEY SUMTHIN I , tried uploading but its 2 big. Cant put the url link or whatever. But if u check it out it'll really enlighten.

D

DaBomb326

I definitely am interested in doing so, ill probably check it out when i get home after class today.

Mr.X

Mr.X

K, peace N good luck. Pay attention 2 class n put da phone down !!! Lol

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

Wait, yall do realize that the recipes i listed are not the ratios of n/p/k/ca/mg/s right? those transfer into entirely different ratios once mixed because they contain different amounts of each atom..
I don't know what that statement means...but yes I understand if you add those salts to 25gallons of water your plants will be sad. Download a nutrient calculator....plug in the numbers and figure out what your feeding your plants.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Theres 2 parts 2 this if any1z interested check it out N lets keep the discussion goin

D

DaBomb326

Listen to jimmy! Just look at his pics! =)
So i gave my plants a 1/4 dosage of what you posted for their first feedings yesterday, and boy did they enjoy the hell out of it. I am glad i went with your recipe.
What is your recipe for the flowering stage if you don't mind?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

That was my old flower formula lol...

I'll look at my notes later tonight, I suggest you do a little more research and download the spreadsheet, I was like you one time asking for people's recipes and some members gave me a hard time for it(some helped me and I'm thankful they did). I'm glad they did because it pushed me to learn a little more about ratios n such.

-lurkin

D

DaBomb326

That was my old flower formula lol...

I'll look at my notes later tonight, I suggest you do a little more research and download the spreadsheet, I was like you one time asking for people's recipes and some members gave me a hard time for it(some helped me and I'm thankful they did). I'm glad they did because it pushed me to learn a little more about ratios n such.

-lurkin
That was your flower recipe? Uhm awkward because I used it on veg... What is your veg recipe? I am learning more and I want to tweak, watched that video he posted. But a starting formula for my veg which is currently happening would be nice...

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Fortunately a lot of ratios will work in veg just won't be optimal, I mean hell look at the lacus formula haha.

I'll check my notes later tonight, for dirt I think my ratios might be alittle low in potassium(coco). That's why I changed to the new one. If your using dirt be careful with the p values, I've read that too much p will kill your bennies.

I'm currently using coco loco, honestly I don't know if I should treat it like dirt or coco lol that's also the reason I changed my recipe(and last run they yellowed too soon).

-lurkin

D

DaBomb326

Yeah, optimal is always better. Once i get a better read on their reactions i can start tweaking the recipe to better suit them. Have you ever grown in dirt or have you always used coco? As i read about it on fox farms it looks like the coco loco needs water less often that normal coco coir.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Most dirt I've used was outdoors, I've grown a bunch of ways(reef, dwc, rockwool, dirt, perlite) coco loco needs to be watered just the same as straight coir time wise. To me it's just pre amended coco, I get it pretty cheap(same price as gh bricks) from my local shop compared to botanicare(wet) stuff and I don't have to hydrate the brick(saves me a lot of time) I don't like that it has a bunch of sticks n stuff tho.

-lurkin

D

DaBomb326

were you using nutrient salt mixtures during your outdoor dirt days?

I was contemplating coco for this grow, only went with dirt because i didn't want to deal with the coco having zero beginning nutrients.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I used the Lucas formula, gh micro(9ml) bloom(16ml) per gal of course

-lurkin

Top Bottom