about to pull trigger on UC system.. few concerns

• Thread starter beachbum616
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beachbum616

beachbum616

about to get a UC system,

i'm slightly apprehensive because it doesnt all seem quite ironed out yet. a lot of guess work seems to be involved.. seen a few journals that dont end too well.

what is the easiset most efficient and cost effective feeding setup? what are surefire ways to prevent root rot and promote root health short of mixing up some crazy compost tea.. seems like a bit much.

im considering starting with the 4xl 13 to get aquinted with the system and then expand to a 16 bucket unit once i have it dialed in.

..i posted this on the UCHQ thread and he responded by recommending against the purchase of a UC system, then today i see the UC OG system being touted.. are people reconsidering this rdwc system due to extreme fraility of the system?

let me know what's on your mind.. thanks!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Not sure where or how you came up with these assumptions, but your way off base. The new system that has not been released yet has nothing to do with the original UC system. The OG system is for organics and such and is NOT a RDWC system. I also read the thread you refered to and nowhere does CC recomend you NOT purchase a UC system. You should re-read the thread again as you must have misunderstood.

If your waiting for someone to respond to you and tell you that the UC system is fail safe and nothing you could ever do would mess anything up and you will ALWAYS get a perfect grow no matter what.......you will be waiting a while......the UC is a RDWC system that works well and is easy to use.

j wizzle

j wizzle

the uc system is pretty cool....easy to use...but it has its flaws.

its cheaper to build your own if you are mechanically inclined at all. airstones can be upgraded, uniseals leak if the system is moved at all, but overall a really good system. but like i said, you can build your own for 2/3 of the price and have a better setup IMO. ive recommended the UC to a few people that are loving them too, so its all what you want to do and what youre capable of.

if you know what youre doing, youll kill it in the UC....

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Buy the system

about to get a UC system,

i'm slightly apprehensive because it doesnt all seem quite ironed out yet. a lot of guess work seems to be involved.. seen a few journals that dont end too well.

The UC has been around for 8 years and works very well, the proof is in this forum. My first grow did not end that well due to operator error and a mind set that thought it new just about all you need to know. Both bad mistakes on my part. There are people who just can't grow and lots in between, every grow does not work out all the time. I have grown organics for 8 years and have lost crops. Everyone loses crops, everyone. There are a number of reasons why things go sideways. People skimp on equipment, don't do their home work or don't calibrate their meters every 1 to 2 weeks. People will fail, that's called learning in you get back at her instead of packing it it.

what is the easiset most efficient and cost effective feeding setup? what are surefire ways to prevent root rot and promote root health short of mixing up some crazy compost tea.. seems like a bit much.

Everyone has their fav food, it's kind of like Chevy vs Ford vs Ram. Pick a winner from the info here and try it. I would recommend Dutch Master as they have one of the best root defense products out there. ZONE

The key to preventing root issues is "do not stress the plants", this makes them easy target for root issues. Stress is the number one cause on root issues.

im considering starting with the 4xl 13 to get aquinted with the system and then expand to a 16 bucket unit once i have it dialed in.

Great idea!

..i posted this on the UCHQ thread and he responded by recommending against the purchase of a UC system, then today i see the UC OG system being touted.. are people reconsidering this rdwc system due to extreme fraility of the system?

Can't comment on this, have not seen anything but I qould question a company that says don't buy our product.

let me know what's on your mind.. thanks!

I getting to the end of my second UC grow and could not be happier(I got a smil so big I look like a horse eating thistles) Check it out in my sig.

Daniel who owns the company is very reachable and so are his staff, easy to get answer's fast, the guys here are great and have helped me get my skills up to speed and it shows in my grow. IMHO there is no other way to grow this much from one plant.

I have a DIY I just started but I don't recommend it as the UC comes ready to run and your not saving that much money with a DIY.

Get the system and start using it, one thing don't rely on the labels for feeding your plants, only use ppm. If you want to know anything else ask away, there are people here with way more experience than me.

beachbum616

beachbum616

I have a DIY I just started but I don't recommend it as the UC comes ready to run and your not saving that much money with a DIY.

Thanks for the info.. i plan to buy the UC as it comes, not build my own unit. i believe there is value purchasing a packaged system by those who developed it.. and the after purchase support is a nice bonus.

Top Bottom