About to start my second grow, need some advice!

• Thread starter Greenfile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenfile

Hey all,

I'm new here and pretty new to growing as well. I just finished up my first crop from clone, running a 1k (8"cooltube) in a 4x8 tent.I used FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil mixed half and half with the Light Warrior. FF Big bloom and Tiger bloom when I flipped to bloom plus CalMag because they started to get rusty looking leaves. It ended up going away a little and not affecting the buds, I let them flower for about 10.5 weeks. They were only about 2.5-3 ft tall with the pot. I ended up with about 6.5 oz from 6 plants. I know it could have been a lot better and i know there are a ton of variables. My temps were a little high the whole time, anywhere from 86-96. I only had one 747cfm 8" pulling cool air across the light and inside. then just a passive exaust. I figure I'll get another smaller 250cfm fan for intake this time and use my bigger one to exhaust through the light. What do you guys think? Am I doing anything noticeably wrong? Will the extra fan help with better producing and denser buds? I am also thinking I want to go with more plants this time. How many could I fit in a 4x8 space,that are actually under the light, with only that one 1k watt?

Thanks for reading

M

ManitobanGrower

that sounds like an awefully small harvest for 6 plants, and i think for a 4x8 room you might need a second 1000w light, i cant remember exactly but 1 1000w hps covers approx a 4x4 or 4x6 area perfectly, you didnt say anything about a flush either, i hope you didnt forget it. ive heard only good things about the ferts and nutes ur using. your heat levels shouldnt really be above 85 at the highest, if you can bring the temps down and utilize your light a little better i think you can produce some great yeilds with what you have

Top Bottom