About to start ordering for my first grow, should anything be exchanged for something else? Everything seem right?

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

I live in a small apartment, so everything must be to a minimum, including my tent. Also want to make things a little less complicated than more. So here's my thought about what i'm going to do, any improvements/changes that i should make? My grow starts September 2nd. : )!!!!

Can't break the bank but want decent stuff where it counts.
  • Light: Kingbright 125w w/ 660nm cree xpe: $140 after ship. Could get the one with IR and UV but if not necessary i'd rather not subject myself to UV light
  • Tent: 27 inches x 27 inches x 63 inches (205cfm). Good reviews on it. $70
  • Fan: AC Infinity Quiet self adjusting T4 4" inline fan with their 4" Carbon filter, both 205cfm $160 together.
  • Medium: Aurora Coco Soul Soilless (70% Coco Fiber, 30% Perlite, Leonardite, Beneficial Bacteria ) $20 for 1.5cu litre bag
  • Nutes: Canna Coco A&B (already purchased). Love the measuring bottle and that it's the same base veg through flower, fewer bottles of stuff!
  • Additives: Canna PK, Canna Cal Mg
  • Ph down: Advanced Nutrients PH down (it's quite concentrated). May have to go GH for a smaller bottle instead.
  • PH stick: Apera 209 Waterproof digital PH meter $45, booo. $$
  • Strain: C99 Fem, probably from Seedsman
  • Seedling grow: Small fabric nursery bags
  • Pot: 3 Gallon fabric pot
  • Scrog net: a 3x3 one since my tent is a little over 2 x 2
  • Humifier/Dehumidifier: Depending on which i need, a very small of either or both on Amazon.
  • Water: Tap water about a 7ph left out for 24 hours. Not sure my ppm yet, will know shortly.

The rest is okay: Mini fan, Curved coating shears, PPM meter, watering can, mini humidifier or dehumidifier if i need one,

Plan on doing 1 plant at a time, for consumption only.

Plan on using fabric 3" x 4" cut-away nursery bags for seedlings before transferring to 3 gallon.

Plan on mixing nutes in 1-2 gallon container can so i can mix ever 2-3 days and will water/feed every day.

I plan on topping, lst and scroging. Hoping to yield 1 - 1.5 oz per grow.

About me: Kinda impatient but i plan on messing with my Bonsai a bit more to keep me from over-loving my cannabis plant. Poor Bonsais. lol.

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I live in a small apartment, so everything must be to a minimum, including my tent. Also want to make things a little less complicated than more. So here's my thought about what i'm going to do, any improvements/changes that i should make? My grow starts September 2nd. : )!!!!

Can't break the bank but want decent stuff where it counts.
  • Light: Kingbright 125w w/ 660nm cree xpe: $140 after ship. Could get the one with IR and UV but if not necessary i'd rather not subject myself to UV light
  • Tent: 27 inches x 27 inches x 63 inches (205cfm). Good reviews on it. $70
  • Fan: AC Infinity Quiet self adjusting T4 4" inline fan with their 4" Carbon filter, both 205cfm $160 together.
  • Medium: Aurora Coco Soul Soilless (70% Coco Fiber, 30% Perlite, Leonardite, Beneficial Bacteria ) $20 for 1.5cu litre bag
  • Nutes: Canna Coco A&B (already purchased). Love the measuring bottle and that it's the same base veg through flower, fewer bottles of stuff!
  • Additives: Canna PK, Canna Cal Mg
  • Ph down: Advanced Nutrients PH down (it's quite concentrated). May have to go GH for a smaller bottle instead.
  • PH stick: Apera 209 Waterproof digital PH meter $45, booo. $$
  • Strain: C99 Fem, probably from Seedsman
  • Seedling grow: Small fabric nursery bags
  • Pot: 3 Gallon fabric pot
  • Scrog net: a 3x3 one since my tent is a little over 2 x 2
  • Humifier/Dehumidifier: Depending on which i need, a very small of either or both on Amazon.
  • Water: Tap water about a 7ph left out for 24 hours. Not sure my ppm yet, will know shortly.

The rest is okay: Mini fan, Curved coating shears, PPM meter, watering can, mini humidifier or dehumidifier if i need one,

Plan on doing 1 plant at a time, for consumption only.

Plan on using fabric 3" x 4" cut-away nursery bags for seedlings before transferring to 3 gallon.

Plan on mixing nutes in 1-2 gallon container can so i can mix ever 2-3 days and will water/feed every day.

I plan on topping, lst and scroging. Hoping to yield 1 - 1.5 oz per grow.

About me: Kinda impatient but i plan on messing with my Bonsai a bit more to keep me from over-loving my cannabis plant. Poor Bonsais. lol.
sounds like you got a plan,i would go with a 6 in fan filter combo,might be more noise but you will apericate it when it comes crunch time just saying,is that a auto your planning on ,if it is go straight into your finish pot with it,they dont like to be messed with,i wouldnt buy the de hum-hum if i didnt need to,in your apartment just the ac will work and de-humidify ,just a tip from a old timer,dont go whole hog,get your feet wet before spending a ton of money,a good intake-exhaust fan combo,decent light and nutes,get your meters ,coco you damn sure enough gonna need them,a small clip on fan for your tent to keep the girl going,dont even wont no women or girl plkant hot,hell no hahahahh anyway thats about it,if you like the coco and dial in maybe go with a flood table when you get some spearence hahahah,and dont be afraid to ask for help this world needs you and more growing plants not just herb ,get good ask for help your at the right place for it,there is no such thing as a stupid question so get that out your head now,good luck lady bug holler if you need us

the rrock

the rrock

Ive witnessed C99 outgrow a room before,are you going to veg plant at all? It is a wonderful strain though

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Ive witnessed C99 outgrow a room before,are you going to veg plant at all? It is a wonderful strain though

Yikes. I’ll be using a photoperiod and vegging for 4 weeks. I can do Red Dragon instead, it’s supposed to be shorter.

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

sounds like you got a plan,i would go with a 6 in fan filter combo,might be more noise but you will apericate it when it comes crunch time just saying,is that a auto your planning on ,if it is go straight into your finish pot with it,they dont like to be messed with,i wouldnt buy the de hum-hum if i didnt need to,in your apartment just the ac will work and de-humidify ,just a tip from a old timer,dont go whole hog,get your feet wet before spending a ton of money,a good intake-exhaust fan combo,decent light and nutes,get your meters ,coco you damn sure enough gonna need them,a small clip on fan for your tent to keep the girl going,dont even wont no women or girl plkant hot,hell no hahahahh anyway thats about it,if you like the coco and dial in maybe go with a flood table when you get some spearence hahahah,and dont be afraid to ask for help this world needs you and more growing plants not just herb ,get good ask for help your at the right place for it,there is no such thing as a stupid question so get that out your head now,good luck lady bug holler if you need us

Thanks. And I’ll look into that bigger fan and filter, gonna cost a lot more and push me over my budget tho, could be tough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom