about to use netting for the first time...questions

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

As the title goes....I am about to use netting for the first time. I have always used stakes.

Do you simply place the netting over the plants?
also...generally at what week do you usually place it on? transition? 1st week? after stretch?

also...do you push the growing tips through or simply let the plant grow up through it themselves?

thanks for the help guys and gals

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I usually trellis after stretch unless it's a heavy OG then I place 2 levels, one during the first week and second after stretch.

If your canopy isn't level it's going to be a bitch..

Depending on what youre going to attach the netting too will help you determine when to set it up. If PVC, you can set up multiple layers so timing isn't an issue.

What strain??

budboy299

budboy299

strain is LAD....1st run was from seed and amazing. This time from cuttings. All this run is from a single plant.
One particular plant is heavily purpled, frosty as can be and totally done at day 60!
I love it!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

you'll want to secure your trellis to something...people normally make a square with four corner posts. Lots of ways to use a trellis, if just for support put it on after the stretch, if you're trying to sea of green put it on in the first week and tie everything down/splay it all out :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

I usually put the trellis up before stretch, but before that I've trained the plant to spread out by bending and tying. when it starts growing thru trllis you guide each individual top to its own square, as the branches stretch the side branches will start stretching too, so you guide those, sometimes you may have to remove ones that are crowding. keep them all level as possible, once the stretching has stopped and the buds fill out, they will all get a fair portion of light. and all will mostly be same size.:cool:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For indoor, I no longer use netting of any sort, but if I did I'd stake the pots and wrap with the net instead of doing the horizontal trellis I did the second time. Outside, my beds have posts going up 6', and the Hortonova gets stapled to those, wrapped around. I no longer start laying it in layers horizontally during the season because it makes harvest a giganto pain in the ass. Also, it's no good to me after that. By wrapping and stapling I'm able to reuse my Hortonova for a few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom