Absolute Aquatics

• Thread starter fuzzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fuzzy

Hey peeps,came across these areators.They are for ponds but they have smaller ones.Thought they might be useful keeping oxy in the Res.Look up,economy linear areation kits. peace,fuzzy

F

fuzzy

Areators

Anybody,Nobody, have any comments or anything?I dont even have a res yet but i came across this site when i was looking to put a Koi pond in.Seems like they would be excellent for big res.Just thought they might work.Comments more than welcome. peace,fuzzy

K

kuz

Its tough to beat the pondmaster ap-100. Its rated at 9150 cu.in. / minute.
9150 / 1728 = 5.3 cu.ft / minute
The eco linear only 1.8 cu.ft. / minute.

It moves less than 1/2 the air and cost $100 more. They sell the 1.8 cu.ft. pump for 3000-8000 gallon ponds, makes you wonder if 5.3 is overkill for 200 gallons. Or if i'm not comparing them right.

The deluxe linear is 2.8 cu.ft/min. and its rated for up to 20,000 gallons. They claim is almost silent but it would cost you $677. And you need two of them to match the ap-100.

I know there is a max amount of oxygen you can put into the water, i dont see many people that monitor it though. I havent heard anyone complain about the pondmaster pumps.

F

fuzzy

cool

Ok very cool.Im running hempy cocos right now but am going to be switching up pretty soon.Thanks for the info,peace,fuzzy

Top Bottom