Ac Duct Creating Condensation On Grow Tent Walls

• Thread starter MrKush415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrKush415

MrKush415

Hey,

I have my portable ac outside my grow tent but rigged it to duct into my grow tent. I have the duct opening at the bottom of my tent shooting towards a wall cuz I don't want my plants getting hit directly with AC air.

When the AC kicks on for a while, I'm noticing condensation on the outside of the grow tent wall where the AC air is shooting at.

I don't want mold spores to develop is there anyway around this other than going in and wiping the wall down periodically?

Where is the best area to shoot AC air without directly hitting walls or plants (if there is)?

Thanks

Polar510

Polar510

Mr. Kush,
Maybe You could take the ducting and run it at one of the top vent holes, pointing down next to an oscillating fan that way You get a sweet spread of that cold air.
Or if that's not an option you could get a register boot and put a 3 way register into it.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Hey,

I have my portable ac outside my grow tent but rigged it to duct into my grow tent. I have the duct opening at the bottom of my tent shooting towards a wall cuz I don't want my plants getting hit directly with AC air.

When the AC kicks on for a while, I'm noticing condensation on the outside of the grow tent wall where the AC air is shooting at.

I don't want mold spores to develop is there anyway around this other than going in and wiping the wall down periodically?

Where is the best area to shoot AC air without directly hitting walls or plants (if there is)?

Thanks

It's from the difference in temperature between the warm air outside of the tent and the cold air hitting the inside of the tent wall. You might be able to remedy your problem by insulating that wall a bit and giving it a buffer area.

Or like Polar said if you disperse your cold air so that it's not all hitting the same spot too.

Top Bottom