Ac in the tent.

• Thread starter budfactorX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfactorX

I am looking to introduce a portable ac unit into my tent, just want to know if it's going to be better putting the ac unit in my tent which is 2x2 metre, or in the room the tent is in to keep the actual room cool rather than the tent? Anybody got any useful tips on portable ac?? The exhaust will be going directly outside either way I set it up??

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Will it be taking valuable space that could have a plant in it??
Is there enough room for ducting to vent into the tent??

If yes to both those, use the soace on plants and def put it outside venting in.

B

budfactorX

Well I always leave my front left quarter empty as I run 3 600's in there covering the other 3 m2 so could place it in the front quarter or outside, just wondering which would be the best option?

Ever after

Ever after

buy a bigger tent or more tents and snake them together even one for flower and one for veg and use the tents fans to scrub the air and use the portable air conditioner to keep the room cool and then put a chair in the room so you can relax if it gets too hot and you want a nap in a cool place honestly its the best idea because then the room stays cool and then theres less chance of bugs i would go for the idea of keeping the room cold instead of keeeping the grow room cold then again i would ditch the tent and make 80% of the room a grow room and part of it a buffer for the air conditioner and also i would probably ditch the portable AC for a window shaker or a MINI split AC as those are way cheaper to run energy bill wise........

B

budfactorX

Don't have the option for the room or the window split or I would go for that setup. Thanks for the advice though.

T

theTinker

If you have the room in the tent and are definitely not going to use it for a plant anyways. Put the AC in the tent. The less space the AC has to keep cool, the cheaper it will be to run and the less work it will need to do. If its in the room and cooling the whole room, you may find it hard to regulate the temperature as your waiting on conduction and another air intake to regulate the temperature. If the room is 18C and the tent is 27C, should the AC be on or off, etc.

If you wish to use the space in the tent, it'd nearly be the same efficency to put the AC outside and tent and vent it into the tent. Assuming you can easily make it control the temperature adequately.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you are not using the space, then put it in your tent. Will be easier to regulate the temps and more efficient. Then if you want to ever use that space for plants, just move the A/C outside the tent and vent it in.

jkbeing

jkbeing

My window unit puts cold air into my growroom. It pulls air from my garage to cool the condenser coil then vents outside by the homemade plenum (made from metal tape and Reflectix. ) Works very well, and doesn't heat up my garage at all.
Breaker

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Always better to condition the air in the bigger room, then pull it through the smaller area. Temps/humidity will stay more consistent for the plants ;)

Of course it's more energy efficient to condition the smaller space, but in a small space like that it's going to go from hot and humid, to cold and dry every several times an hour...not ideal for top notch dank.

B

budfactorX

Cheers for the advice guys gonna tinker around and see what works out.

Top Bottom