AC Infinity Controller 69 USB hub

• Thread starter linuxr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Does anyone know if AC Infinity's Controller 69 can be used with a USB hub to expand the connected devices?
I believe so. When you look at the booklet that comes with it there is a diagram showing multiple devices running off a single port. I’d call their tech support if that’s your configuration goal for operating your devices.

linuxr

linuxr

Do comeback and let us know what they say. I have a room with more devices then available ports.
I will, I don't see how it won't work unless they are not using USB standards. Anyone here have a 69 controller and a USB c hub?

linuxr

linuxr

Here is what they said.

In regards to your inquiry, although similar in appearance, our UIS system is our own proprietary cable that functions differently than a standard USB-C cable does. You are more than welcome to give it a try but most likely, the controller will not recognize the USB-C expansion port.

Fortunately, we are currently in the process of developing our very own expansion dongle that will work with our UIS system. The dongle is currently in the final stages of development as we speak. Once testing has been completed, we anticipate a release date sometime around the middle of January next year. Feel free to check the website again once January rolls around as we should have an official release date available!

Thank you again for reaching out and for your interest in our products.

Kind regards,

Brian
Customer Support Agent
AC Infinity Inc.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I just received a controller 67 and would like to know the difference between the 67-69 controllers, is it just Wi-Fi? SS

freezeland2

freezeland2

I just received a controller 67 and would like to know the difference between the 67-69 controllers, is it just Wi-Fi? SS
The 69 wifi pro is both wifi and Bluetooth capable and can currently run 4 devices. When they release that dongle each of those four ports will be only limited by how many dongles are attached.

vchavez

vchavez

The 69 wifi pro is both wifi and Bluetooth capable and can currently run 4 devices. When they release that dongle each of those four ports will be only limited by how many dongles are attached.
So If we want to connect more than 4 devices we need to wait until the dongle is released that way we can connect more devices to the same controller correct ?

D

Diverge

The signals are PWM, not usb.

In theory, you could run other fans in parallel with an existing fan on one of the 4 ports, but you wouldn't attach the tach signal of the additional fan or it would cause contention. In this config you'd only see the fans speed of the original fan, and any fans in parallel would just mimic the original. I have done this for years in desktop PCs.

I'd just wait for the dongle though, as it likely has some circuitry to handle seeing and controlling the speed of the additional fans individually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom