AC Infinity Grow Tent Heater

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

its just gonna take the warm heat from the bottom of the tent straight out the exhaust ya better hope the heater can keep up with the air exchange
The tent material and other objects are going to absorb some of this heat and help keep it warm also. The heater is 500 watts so I don't think the heater is meant to raise temps 15+, maybe more like 5-10 but this will depend on outside room temp as well.
All I know is you can find quite a bit of people, against proper safety, running heaters inside tents keeping proper temps with the exhaust running.

Keep your exhaust on. Turn on your heater outside your tent on max, go inside your tent and close it, sit for 10 mins. Now bring your heater inside your tent and set it at max, sit for 10 mins, I bet you it gets hotter quicker with the heater inside because it is less space to heat.

I definitely agree that it's going to depend on air exchange/exhaust fan settings as well as outside tent temperature, I think the heater is meant more like supplemental. I guess we will see once people have them.

PooToe

PooToe

Just lower the fan speed at lights out to a level that you can still keep humidity from rising too much. This should keep enough heat in the tent.

R

RGWD0202

You don't know until you try. I prefer my plants to be awake when I'm awake, less inconvenient for me to take care of them then if lights were on at night.

If you see how low the temp gets without a heater tonight, I would stay awake for a bit to make sure it doesn't get too cold with it off.
Temps dropped to 60 in the first 30 mins of lights out with heater off… so at least a 5degree bump is needed not sure the mat will make that happen, if not I got a new very large seedling mat

Newty

Newty

Temps dropped to 60 in the first 30 mins of lights out with heater off… so at least a 5degree bump is needed not sure the mat will make that happen, if not I got a new very large seedling mat
Was the mat expensive? I would say if not, give it a try and see what happens. Maybe it will help enough that you won't have to run your heater as hard. If it doesn't work, I'm sure you could repurpose it. If it was pricey, check the return policy where you got it from. I'm very curious if it will work but it might be worth it if you can return for little to no cost and buy something that will work a little better.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The heater I ordered has shipped and UPS says it will arrive this Friday.

I stared at the tent this morning for a while pondering how I might install it. There are two mid-veg plants in the tent. I don't like to make changes during a grow, but I'd sure like to test this new heater. It's supposed to be outside the tent, and I like that feature. Space is limited, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. The heater in the tent now pulls 650 watts, and that's another incentive to install it. I have a 20-amp circuit, but that doesn't mean I don't worry about power for the room. This heater should help a lot.

Something else I've thought about is how this heater works like an input fan, blowing air into the tent. I currently have my exhaust fan triggered by temperature (80º). It probably won't matter because the exhaust fan only runs when the lights are on, and the heater only runs when the lights are off. It's probably something to keep in mind, though, because there's a potential for conflict.

PooToe

PooToe

AC Infinity just came out with tent wall mounting kit that you can mount your gear to.

As cool and convenient as that is, I've been planning on doing something similar but I'm going to use some wire shelving to span across one of the walls. I will mount my heater their and have the fan blow across it so that the heat mixes and isn't blowing directly on the plants.

I already mounted one shelf to the roof of my tent to mount stuff and it has worked beautifully.

Roof rack

Newty

Newty

The heater I ordered has shipped and UPS says it will arrive this Friday.

I stared at the tent this morning for a while pondering how I might install it. There are two mid-veg plants in the tent. I don't like to make changes during a grow, but I'd sure like to test this new heater. It's supposed to be outside the tent, and I like that feature. Space is limited, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. The heater in the tent now pulls 650 watts, and that's another incentive to install it. I have a 20-amp circuit, but that doesn't mean I don't worry about power for the room. This heater should help a lot.

Something else I've thought about is how this heater works like an input fan, blowing air into the tent. I currently have my exhaust fan triggered by temperature (80º). It probably won't matter because the exhaust fan only runs when the lights are on, and the heater only runs when the lights are off. It's probably something to keep in mind, though, because there's a potential for conflict.
That was quick! You will be pulling 150 less watts with the AC Infinity heater.
I'm wondering what they diameter of the tube is that goes into the tent from the heater, finding space for a 2" duct is easier then a 4".
Another member and I had a little conversation earlier in the thread on exhaust fan and heater running at the same time.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
AC Infinity just came out with tent wall mounting kit that you can mount your gear to.
It's about time. Tent sellers have ignored equipment and wiring problems for too damn long.

As cool and convenient as that is, I've been planning on doing something similar but I'm going to use some wire shelving to span across one of the walls.
Great idea! Thanks! I have some shelving collecting dust. It would be a good project for between runs.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That was quick! You will be pulling 150 less watts with the AC Infinity heater.
Yep! I'll post some pics if no one beats me to it.

I'm wondering what they diameter of the tube is that goes into the tent from the heater, finding space for a 2" duct is easier then a 4".
I'm wondering about that, too. I looked at the online specs but didn't see it. I don't have much space for a hose at the side of the tent. I'll just have to see how it fits when it gets here.

Another member and I had a little conversation earlier in the thread on exhaust fan and heater running at the same time.
I must've missed it. Sorry.

Newty

Newty

Yep! I'll post some pics if no one beats me to it.

I'm wondering about that, too. I looked at the online specs but didn't see it. I don't have much space for a hose at the side of the tent. I'll just have to see how it fits when it gets here.

I must've missed it. Sorry.
Can't wait to see it!
I was going to preorder and I thought, by time it gets here the weather will be warming up and I won't need it so I'll wait for someone else to review it. If I would of known it was going to take only a week, I probably would of ordered it. I better just wait for your thoughts first!

No sorry needed, I was just pointing it out to see what your thoughts were on it. I definitely understand the concern of the exhaust sucking the heat out, just so many variables to consider to know for sure.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I was going to preorder and I thought, by time it gets here the weather will be warming up and I won't need it so I'll wait for someone else to review it.
I had the same thought about it being late in the cold season. My heaters are still running at night when the lights are off, so I'll still be able to see how it does. One thing I'm interested in is whether it holds a steadier temperature than the on/off controlled heaters.

I was just pointing it out to see what your thoughts were on it.
Okay. Well... I don't think contention will be a problem if the controller is programmed appropriately. Having another way to get fresh air into the tent would be beneficial, especially for folks like me who trigger their exhaust fan on temperature. The two should work together better than a control plug heater.

Newty

Newty

I had the same thought about it being late in the cold season. My heaters are still running at night when the lights are off, so I'll still be able to see how it does. One thing I'm interested in is whether it holds a steadier temperature than the on/off controlled heaters.
I think it will be easier to control temps because of the levels it offers. Traditional would be full power, no power which will give greater temp swing then something that can be "dimmed" to run at lower power longer or continously to maintain a set temp.

I'm basing this off reptile keeping. When I started, cheaper on/off thermostats were what everyone used. Dimming proportional thermostats became popular quick when they came out for reptile keepers. Instead of on/off with a 2-5 degree swing from set temp, the dimming could regulate the amount of power to the heating device to keep temps within .2 - .5 degrees of set temp. I'm thinking you could manipulate the settings on AC Infinity heater to do pretty much the same thing.

I'm definitely looking forward to your review!

PooToe

PooToe

It's about time. Tent sellers have ignored equipment and wiring problems for too damn long.

Great idea! Thanks! I have some shelving collecting dust. It would be a good project for between runs.
I'm still debating whether I should mount it vertically or horizontally. Horizontally will give me more flexibility to place stuff across the wall but vertically will be easier to mount to the floor and ceiling poles. Horizontally will require clamps that won't slide down the poles whereas vertically will be much more solid. Besides I don't need to mount stuff across the wall. I just need to mount a heater, a camera and MAYBE an oscillating fan so I'll probably go with the vertical mount.

What I love about the wire shelf idea is it's way cheaper than buying it commercially and I can cut to length!!!

Newty

Newty

I'm wondering if you mounted it on the wall, if it will help with tent walls being sucked in by negative pressure. It looks like it would work better then the high cfm kit they offer because it has more surface area and also has a dual purpose of mounting gear.

At first, they said Friday. Now, it looks like it has been delayed. The status is still "Label Created."
I notice when I get UPS shipment notifications that it will get me an estimated delivery date but when I check it later it says "Label Created, estimated delivery date will be provided once ups is in possession" or something along those lines. After they actually have the item it gives me a expected delivery date. It happened with the Gen 2 upgrades, it took 2 days for UPS to get it but once they did I had a date.
Give it a couple days and see what happens, I don't think they would make the label weeks in advance but I could be wrong.

PooToe

PooToe

I'm wondering if you mounted it on the wall, if it will help with tent walls being sucked in by negative pressure. It looks like it would work better then the high cfm kit they offer because it has more surface area and also has a dual purpose of mounting gear.
Don't see why not. You could mount one on all three walls, 4th would be your entrance door so it would be in the way, and have all kinds of mounting choices for fans and stuff if you only need access from the entrance door.

Newty

Newty

Don't see why not. You could mount one on all three walls, 4th would be your entrance door so it would be in the way, and have all kinds of mounting choices for fans and stuff if you only need access from the entrance door.
Unless we can find a way to make it quick attach and swivel open when you need to access the tent. I've wanted to come up with something for the entrance for awhile now, just haven't sat down and thought about it yet.

PooToe

PooToe

Unless we can find a way to make it quick attach and swivel open when you need to access the tent. I've wanted to come up with something for the entrance for awhile now, just haven't sat down and thought about it yet.
You could get it to swivel but you'd have to contend with power cords.

The way I'm going to do it is to cut it to the size I need and attach some 1" x 1" square wood dowel to the ends. I'll screw some 1/2" PEX clips to the wood and clip it in between the poles. 2 or 3 clips per side should be able to hold quite a bit of weight and would allow you to swing it on the pole out of the way if you had to after you unclip it from one side.

PooToe

PooToe

Looking for a good cheap thermostat for my little tent heater. Would a seed mat thermo work? I can't see why not but wanted to get some input from some of the more experienced growers.

This is on my radar....

Newty

Newty

Looking for a good cheap thermostat for my little tent heater. Would a seed mat thermo work? I can't see why not but wanted to get some input from some of the more experienced growers.

This is on my radar....

Those style thermostats cut all power when set temp is reached so the heater needs to be able to come back on automatically when power is supplied again. Also make sure the thermostat can handle the wattage of the heater. Inkbird is a popular brand of those style thermostats.

Top Bottom