Accidental 24 hr light switched at bud stage

• Thread starter anndeezzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
anndeezzz

anndeezzz

So I went on vacation and had a "plant sitter" for a couple weeks. I found my light switch was flipped to 24 hour light. Buds started to grow single dark green leaves. Seems it went back into veg state. I switched lights back to 12/12 but don't see any change after a week. Did I just lose them??

Bud leavesjpg
Anthem

Anthem

Really, why? Just asking and trying to learn.

It takes a substantial amount of time for the plant to reveg, and it will causes stress to the plant. I have tried reveg several times and it took 2 months and the plant never really got back to growing the way it did before reveg. Secondly, the plant has been stressed and it is possible that even after you have revegged and put back into flower it will hermie. So all of your time is wasted on seeded buds.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It takes a substantial amount of time for the plant to reveg, and it will causes stress to the plant. I have tried reveg several times and it took 2 months and the plant never really got back to growing the way it did before reveg. Secondly, the plant has been stressed and it is possible that even after you have revegged and put back into flower it will hermie. So all of your time is wasted on seeded buds.

Looks close to being done anyway. Probably some smoke there if the OP decides to chop.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Holy fuck, I just hugged my autos a little tighter today. Some say the are a waste of genetics, contaminate the genetic lines, ect... I demur. They are such good little girls. They simply want 7-8 weeks of flower anyway the can get it. I turn the lights on when it cool, and off when it's hot, that's my rotation. Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
how/many days with that 24hr light?
more than 2 weeks?

Ledsmelly

Ledsmelly

Holy fuck, I just hugged my autos a little tighter today. Some say the are a waste of genetics, contaminate the genetic lines, ect... I demur. They are such good little girls. They simply want 7-8 weeks of flower anyway the can get it. I turn the lights on when it cool, and off when it's hot, that's my rotation. Sorry for your loss.

I was thinking something similar the other day .i rent so if I ever need to quickly throw em in darkness,they will be good.

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

Dump them and start over
I really hate to do that. Hoping they will come back. What if I set them outside? I started with 6 clones. Moved 2 outside due to space in the tent. These 2 are ready to harvest already and have huge (for me, being a 1st timer) nugs.

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

Those are some pretty small buds from the looks of things. So what maybe a zip or two of immature buds.
The picture is the top of a small bud. This is my first time growing and pretty proud that I've gotten this far without losing a plant and without issues till now, sadly! I have 4 plants in the tent. All of them have this issue.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Reason why I would never let anyone watch my garden. Not saying I don't trust anyone but I'd rather it be me fucking everything up. I'd lose my mind if that happened to me lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I really don't know. My house sitter doesn't know when she accidentally hit the switch. 2 weeks at the most. I am heartbroken.
ya two weeks at 24 hrs, it’s a loss really..

Mrb53

Mrb53

Y'all are nuts...there is nothing lost here. Know how many times a plant foxtails? Revegges? Think it is the end, NOT
Photo - drop to 14 to 16 hrs of darkness..drop the temp of the feed (to like 55-65°f - you can even place ice cubes on the soil to melt)...Drop the Rh...make the plant think winter is here..Winter only provides 6 hrs of light. A plant survives on 5 hrs - not much growth but the terpes and trikes just love it...If you can drop the temps to 60-65° dark, 70° light...even better
Looks pretty mature and becasue the hormones flipped, do you think this does not happen in nature? Ever hear of Indian summer...C'mon. save the plant

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

Y'all are nuts...there is nothing lost here. Know how many times a plant foxtails? Revegges? Think it is the end, NOT
Photo - drop to 14 to 16 hrs of darkness..drop the temp of the feed (to like 55-65°f - you can even place ice cubes on the soil to melt)...Drop the Rh...make the plant think winter is here..Winter only provides 6 hrs of light. A plant survives on 5 hrs - not much growth but the terpes and trikes just love it...If you can drop the temps to 60-65° dark, 70° light...even better
Looks pretty mature and becasue the hormones flipped, do you think this does not happen in nature? Ever hear of Indian summer...C'mon. save the plant
Thank you for the positive advise. I can't and won't quit on these now. The two siblings that I placed outside are ready to harvest. Hard lesson learned after so much time and work put into these babies. I have taped the switch and relocated the electrical strip where it's hard to reach.

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

ya two weeks at 24 hrs, it’s a loss really..
You may be right, but I just have to try to save them. I have more clones in a separate tent so it's not a waste of time for me to do my best to save what I can, if I can. I will keep you all posted on the results, good or bad. Appreciate your feedback!

anndeezzz

anndeezzz

Reason why I would never let anyone watch my garden. Not saying I don't trust anyone but I'd rather it be me fucking everything up. I'd lose my mind if that happened to me lol
I agree!! At this stage, they just needed to be watered. Who would have thought the switch would be accidentally moved? I knew my window of light to water so never looked when I knew it was dark. Just happened to be near the tent late one evening and saw a speck of red light from a hole where the cords go in. My heart sank... I knew then what was happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom