Accidentally left lights on for dark period ???

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

H
I've been told a good two weeks remaining based on the most recent pictures of plants/trichs
Humm.. a picture would help, what have you decided to do?

Edit: Just saw dirtbag above, I would do what he recommended. I wanted to see a picture first but yeah there's not much else you can do right now, put it back on the time its supposed to be on and keep an eye on it is the best option, like dirtbag said just one time it should be okay and you're at least reasonably close, good luck!

Last edited:
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

More confusion in the plant. Just get back to a regular 12/12 asap. They'll probably be fine, it usually takes more than one night of screwups to really affect things. I had so many power outages last year I though for sure my plants would wig out but they were fine.

You're so close to the end, I dont think you need to worry about nanners or seeds or revegging or anything like that.
Just shut lights off for 12-13 hrs then resume a regular 12/12.

Now
More confusion in the plant. Just get back to a regular 12/12 asap. They'll probably be fine, it usually takes more than one night of screwups to really affect things. I had so many power outages last year I though for sure my plants would wig out but they were fine.

You're so close to the end, I dont think you need to worry about nanners or seeds or revegging or anything like that.
Just shut lights off for 12-13 hrs then resume a regular 12/12.

Now take a deep breath, everything's gonna be alright. lol. lesson learned.

FWIW I made a similar error with my timer last month and was running 24hrs on for my clone tray rather than 18/6. I taped over the switch so I cant make that mistake again haha.
I'm calm now thanks to you guys Haha, panic mode certainly set in first thing though lol.. i appreciate all the reassuring replies. Lesson learned for sure.. if ever I need to turn my lights off momentarily it will not be on the timer.. I'll just flick the power bar off Haha.. i forgot to set the timer back to "auto" mode :( gonna be kind of a pain in the ass having the lights opposite now... but the end is near so whatever !

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

H

Humm.. a picture would help, what have you decided to do?
I have decided on leaving them off until 11pm this evening. Their normal lights off time. Then resuming a 12/12 from there.
20190901 132344

PSX 20190831 231151
20190901 132320
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm calm now thanks to you guys Haha, panic mode certainly set in first thing though lol.. i appreciate all the reassuring replies. Lesson learned for sure.. if ever I need to turn my lights off momentarily it will not be on the timer.. I'll just flick the power bar off Haha.. i forgot to set the timer back to "auto" mode :( gonna be kind of a pain in the ass having the lights opposite now... but the end is near so whatever !
Dude don't beat yourself up it happens that's why I quoted your posted above re: never touched the timer lol! I did this recently and it was off for maybe 3-4 hours, glad I caught it fast!

Edit: nice-looking Bud looks fairly close I think you're probably where you think you are 10 days-2 weeks the most, should be fine just keep an eye on it for Nana's good luck

az2000

az2000

HI HOW OLD ARE YOUR PLANT WHEN YOU GO OVER TO 12/12 BEST REGARDS HENNING

It depends on the size of your grow space; how much of a hurry you are to get harvested buds; whether you "top" the plants (which takes time to recover and grow out the lateral tips). The plant will double in size when you cut the lights to 12 hours. I go by that. (I imagine them twice the size.).

I usually grow in a 7' tall tent. I don't usually "top." They veg 6-7 weeks. I transplant twice during that time (which sets them back a day or three). Right now I'm growing a test in a 4' tall tent. They're 3.5 weeks old, just transplanted two days ago. I'm going to top at least one of them. I've been varying the veg nutrients to see what works better (the soil needed much more nitrogen than I'm used to. I've been testing both increased N and overall nutrient strength.). If the veg feeding had hadn't been so hard to pin down, I would have switched to 12/12 without transplanting nor topping (since it's just a test.). But, because I want to continue narrowing down the right strength and NPK ratio, I'm going to top at least one, let them grow more bushy for another week or two.

I've kept them under 5000k "daylight" lightbulbs. No warm light. That helps keep them compact, which can add to the veg time. Their hypothetical "twice the size" is nowhere near exceeding the tent size yet. I think I'm close to a good veg NPK ratio & strength. I doubt I'll reach a point where I have to switch due to their size. But, ultimately that would be the deciding factor. The larger they are, the more yield. I'm not growing for yield (just a test if cactus potting mix will grow cannabis.). I would have been happier switching to 12/12 two days ago (if I hadn't overfed them the prior four feedings, still testing "what does this do?").

So, there's a lot of factors. If your veg light causes plants to have larger node spacing (taller, more open growth), you would switch sooner. I've seen blurple grow-lights that will keep a vegging plant very compact and tight node spacing. You could probably veg for a year with one of those. (Not that I think that would be good. Just an example of the factors.).

(note: you should probably create your own thread if you want to talk about this more. We're hijacking the OP's thread.).

M

minnehonk

Okay, so my lights stayed on for the last 11 hours when they're supposed to be off... I switched the timer off to take some pictures in more natural light... and forgot to set the timer back to auto mode... sooo what should I do.. is this a big deal?? The lights are supposed to come back on in one hour... but they've already been on for 23 straight... how do I correct this ???
i've done that before, 24 hours, no big deal, just set your timer back to original settings, and let them go from there, 40 years experience growing

Top Bottom