Wanted Accurate OG kush seeds under $250

• Thread starter weednshrooms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weednshrooms

weednshrooms

When I first got into weed I was pretty nerdy about it. But I was ignorant about it as well, and that’s still an issue lol. But I was seeking relief from a multitude of ailments and I kept a detailed log of which strains (didn’t know at the time that this could vary from dispensary to dispensary, or grower to grower), dosages and method of consuming helped me most during my day... to help me narrow down what to buy on a more consistent basis.

Later on I realized this pursuit was somewhat trivial as I came to understand the inconsistencies in commercial cannabis and Mother Nature herself. But nonetheless, og kush is a strain that is very helpful for multiple issues I deal with, and it made my top 5 most beneficial strains out of the hundreds that I tried and documented initially.

Unfortunately, when I purchase og kush from commercial sources it isn’t always as helpful as it was in my initial assessment. But sometimes it still is.

Regardless, now that growing is legal for me I can figure it out myself - what works and what doesn’t - and make sure I have my own source of meds.

So as I learn the growing ropes with a strain that a friend recommended (not exactly sure why, but hey I expect the first go around to be a learning experience so I went with it) I want to start figuring out what to grow next. So as I’ve been reading about and researching og kush tonight, trying to figure out how to find some seeds that contain the right og kush for me, and after learning about it’s temperamental nature, I decided to take a smoke break to ask for some experienced recommendations.

Now to the point lol. Have any of y’all come across what you consider to be pretty true / original og kush, with it’s original beneficial genetics, that are under $250 a pack? I know I’d be willing to pay more if it really meant the difference between whatever was in that strain that made my original top 5, but considering I won’t be able to know until I after I pay and grow, I figured it might be worth the ask to get some recs as I imagine I’ll be trying seeds from multiple sources just so that I can increase my odds of finding the most beneficial mother for me and my needs. So I’m trying to keep my cumulative cost down here but still need to find some accurate og kush genetics.

Considering my complex medical needs and a max plant count of 6, I’m sure I’ll be at this for a little while before I find the mother I’m looking for. So any ideas on how to efficiently approach / framework this hunt would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies in advance for any rules I may be unintentionally breaking

✌🏼

Moshmen

Moshmen

Welcome to the farm not a big kush guy , someone will chime in @Frankster i runs some kush influence stuff

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If you've been buying from dispensaries (in my region), you'd be happy smoking anything that's not nutrient/fungicide/ecig flavored. Hell I even saw an "organic" grow spray distillate from their edible kitchen on an SFV OG. From 7% to 42% just like that. Who the fukk knows if it was SFV, why would it be?

707 seedbank will not let you down. As long as you grow in soil. And if not in soil Wtf are you doing, trying to grow some diseased ass pesticide-dependent dispensary bud?

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

If you've been buying from dispensaries (in my region), you'd be happy smoking anything that's not nutrient/fungicide/ecig flavored. Hell I even saw an "organic" grow spray distillate from their edible kitchen on an SFV OG. From 7% to 42% just like that. Who the fukk knows if it was SFV, why would it be?

707 seedbank will not let you down. As long as you grow in soil. And if not in soil Wtf are you doing, trying to grow some diseased ass pesticide-dependent dispensary bud?

Damn I would hope there would be more whistleblowers exposing practices like that

Thanks I’ll check out what they have and I am growing in soil 👍🏼

the rrock

the rrock

Bodhi always had some awesome OG strains, ancient OG was killer, ive grown out True OG,OG18 etc,etc. The best Kush strain IMO is Hindu Kush from sensi,certain phenos just blow peoples mind with the mind numbing strength,I havent grown this strain for over 15 years but im going to reintroduce it to my garden this summer and hope to catch the rare superpheno

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Bodhi always had some awesome OG strains, ancient OG was killer, ive grown out True OG,OG18 etc,etc. The best Kush strain IMO is Hindu Kush from sensi,certain phenos just blow peoples mind with the mind numbing strength,I havent grown this strain for over 15 years but im going to reintroduce it to my garden this summer and hope to catch the rare superpheno

Nice thanks for the recommendation 👍🏼

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hope you actually understand that you can grow good and bad weed with any method. You (nor everyone else) could never pick out weed i grew organically or soiless with salt based nutrients. No way to know which was which.

and honestly i am getting better flavor, potency and bud density from dyna grow foliage pro and protekt (silica).

and no more springtails in my pots and runoff. :-)

Commercial growers tend to overfeed, take shortcuts and harvest too early. Your complaints there are valid. I cant smoke over fertilized weed. Tastes terrible and is too harsh. And doesnt get me very high or for very long.

stop by. I’ll smoke you up. If you still complain i will start all over. :-(

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I hope you actually understand that you can grow good and bad weed with any method. You (nor everyone else) could never pick out weed i grew organically or soiless with salt based nutrients. No way to know which was which.

and honestly i am getting better flavor, potency and bud density from dyna grow foliage pro and protekt (silica).

and no more springtails in my pots and runoff. :-)

Commercial growers tend to overfeed, take shortcuts and harvest too early. Your complaints there are valid. I cant smoke over fertilized weed. Tastes terrible and is too harsh. And doesnt get me very high or for very long.

stop by. I’ll smoke you up. If you still complain i will start all over. :-(
Well said, dynagro and promix here also. 👍🏻

4plant

4plant

Where are you? Any chance you can get some clones so you know exactly what pheno your growing.
I’ve had seed packs laying around I never bothered popping because the first few were average at best then you hit the lottery with a crazy pheno you keep for years.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

You’re such a moron hahahaha. So you’re saying everyone who doesn’t grow in soil, is growing diseased ass pesticide-dependent herb? Bold statement. Still have never seen your plants. 🤐

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
When I first got into weed I was pretty nerdy about it. But I was ignorant about it as well, and that’s still an issue lol. But I was seeking relief from a multitude of ailments and I kept a detailed log of which strains (didn’t know at the time that this could vary from dispensary to dispensary, or grower to grower), dosages and method of consuming helped me most during my day... to help me narrow down what to buy on a more consistent basis.

Later on I realized this pursuit was somewhat trivial as I came to understand the inconsistencies in commercial cannabis and Mother Nature herself. But nonetheless, og kush is a strain that is very helpful for multiple issues I deal with, and it made my top 5 most beneficial strains out of the hundreds that I tried and documented initially.

Unfortunately, when I purchase og kush from commercial sources it isn’t always as helpful as it was in my initial assessment. But sometimes it still is.

Regardless, now that growing is legal for me I can figure it out myself - what works and what doesn’t - and make sure I have my own source of meds.

So as I learn the growing ropes with a strain that a friend recommended (not exactly sure why, but hey I expect the first go around to be a learning experience so I went with it) I want to start figuring out what to grow next. So as I’ve been reading about and researching og kush tonight, trying to figure out how to find some seeds that contain the right og kush for me, and after learning about it’s temperamental nature, I decided to take a smoke break to ask for some experienced recommendations.

Now to the point lol. Have any of y’all come across what you consider to be pretty true / original og kush, with it’s original beneficial genetics, that are under $250 a pack? I know I’d be willing to pay more if it really meant the difference between whatever was in that strain that made my original top 5, but considering I won’t be able to know until I after I pay and grow, I figured it might be worth the ask to get some recs as I imagine I’ll be trying seeds from multiple sources just so that I can increase my odds of finding the most beneficial mother for me and my needs. So I’m trying to keep my cumulative cost down here but still need to find some accurate og kush genetics.

Considering my complex medical needs and a max plant count of 6, I’m sure I’ll be at this for a little while before I find the mother I’m looking for. So any ideas on how to efficiently approach / framework this hunt would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies in advance for any rules I may be unintentionally breaking

✌🏼
To me, Scott's OG from Rare Dankness was the best i grew some years ago, easily under your budget.
Also really liked Kosher Kush from Dna.
But its all personal preference.
I have read only good things about Bodhi, Karma and Archive, still need to try them some day.
Good luck in your search.

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Where are you? Any chance you can get some clones so you know exactly what pheno your growing.
I’ve had seed packs laying around I never bothered popping because the first few were average at best then you hit the lottery with a crazy pheno you keep for years.

I’m in Arizona - not sure where to find clones around here tbh

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

Thanks - appreciate the suggestions!

To me, Scott's OG from Rare Dankness was the best i grew some years ago, easily under your budget.
Also really liked Kosher Kush from Dna.
But its all personal preference.
I have read only good things about Bodhi, Karma and Archive, still need to try them some day.
Good luck in your search.

Love207

Love207

East side of metro Phoenix area, 25+ miles from the nearest dispensary :)

If you're on Facebook, look up Northern Arizona Clone Co-op. Nobody is trading quite yet, but I know a few people are getting close to taking cuts. I'm up in Prescott, we'll have to meet up someday.

weednshrooms

weednshrooms

If you're on Facebook, look up Northern Arizona Clone Co-op. Nobody is trading quite yet, but I know a few people are getting close to taking cuts. I'm up in Prescott, we'll have to meet up someday.

Oh rad I’ll check it out 👍🏼. I’m up that way a couple times a year it seems so I’ll let you know next time I’m in the area.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
last 5 pack of humboldt seed org regs
You’re such a moron hahahaha. So you’re saying everyone who doesn’t grow in soil, is growing diseased ass pesticide-dependent herb? Bold statement. Still have never seen your plants. 🤐
i grow in the soil n still need to battle those

Top Bottom