Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

Heads up, you want to make sure infared doesn't come on automatically. I use a foscam and have it see to off because I'm pretty sure the lights will duck up the sleep timer. I also pulled off the Ethernet lights on the back... Works perfect and no lights now

timmur

timmur

So I should shut off the IR? Not sure what you mean by sleep timer?? Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah you deff want the ir off as far as I know... I mean when the plants should be sleeping in the dark the ir light might interrupt their sleep schedule. Could cause hermies. Do you have a foscam? If you do unscrew on the bottom(screws hidden under stickers)of it so you can get to the Ethernet port (with the blinking lights) on the motherboard and just Bend it back and forth till it brakes off... It's connected by two thin wires. This will remove the blinking lights from fucking up the plants sleep schedule too... I'm lit if that doesn't make sense ill elaborate

timmur

timmur

Just another quick update. The contractor I've been dealing with gave me the run around again, so I fired him and found a replacement. The new guy is, by all accounts, reliable and has done many grow rooms. I'm hoping to get him over this weekend to finish this room up. I'm really discouraged at this last minute delay, but soon it should be all behind me. :)

timmur

timmur

New contractor got the mini split installed, sub panel wired, and the ballasts mounted. Hope to finish up this weekend. Progress is way too slow.:(

DapperDon

DapperDon

Another way of looking at it, is that you are piecing together a very sophisticated system and those kinds of projects just don't throw themselves together in a matter of days. I can understand the frustration at how slow everything must be going having to rely on others since you are not in the build yourself, but be patient.

ken dog

ken dog

Thanks Don. It is a complex system and I need to keep that in mind!
I have to keep telling myself the same thing... I'm already a month behind because I had to eradicate fungus gnats that I got at the end of my last grow... Plus all the new upgrades and equipment...
Plus, I went from a two-banger to a 4-banger and added 2 buckets...
Well, you know how it goes. LOL:)

ken dog

ken dog

Yeah, afraid so! Your new ozone set up is looking like it's going to deliver, huh?

Yeah... I think so.

There are still lots of bugs to work out... also, lots of things I am learning that I didn't know when I started... Like where to place the probe for example.

But all in all, I think it will work out... looking forward to seeing your room and your finished product.

Last edited:
timmur

timmur

Speaking of probe placement, I plan on putting mine inline unless putting them in the epicenter makes more sense. Thoughts?

ken dog

ken dog

Speaking of probe placement, I plan on putting mine inline unless putting them in the epicenter makes more sense. Thoughts?
I'm figuring the farthest away from the injection point, the better.

I think that's what swimming pools do... They are sampling the water that comes into the pump, before it passes through any filters or injection points.

timmur

timmur

So the return line would make the most sense? Agrowtek suggested there to keep the probes clean using the water flow.

ken dog

ken dog

So the return line would make the most sense? Agrowtek suggested there to keep the probes clean using the water flow.
Definitely makes the most sense to me... the more that we know how and why these work, the easier the decision making becomes...at least for me. :)

timmur

timmur

I'm using an Agrowtek controller along with their probes for EC, temperature, pH, and DO. Not sure of the brand(s). I linked to Agrowtek in the beginning of the thread ( I think). This controller also monitors/controls room temperature, humidity, lights, and CO2.

Top Bottom