• Thread starter Tex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
ACE seeds have been hacked!! Beware!!

I hope it's cool to post this here, if not, Logic will remove no doubt!! I posted this elsewhere.. Just an FYI for anyone who even uses ACE seeds.

I would not use that site for anything til the hack has been cleared & system scrubbed. Then I hope you are using a web-proxy like http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/ to have a lil more web security while browsing ....They could have planted any sort of unseen traps for anyone who uses that site or even just going to the site if their good, embedded in the flash-pages could be spies, bots, exploits of unknown, man in the middle attack could be running, etc, etc.. Don't think that they cannot because we create, execute and dissect viruses, worms, trojans, malware, etc. in my computer security, intrusion detection & forensics classes all day long just like this. Sand-boxing or not..!!

If the company is running a Microsoft sever, rotflmao, then I def. wouldn't use the site til cleared. Buffer overflows, poor OS security, patches not installed, etc., are all reasons to wait to use the site. Especially if ya use a pc/windows platform. Get rid of your windows platforms and go with either a Unix based OS-Apple is awesome or Linux based platform-Ubuntu is great, and put your security issues behind you!!! .02

Last edited by a moderator:
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Mac all the way baby!! I had a pc befor will never have one again thats for sure! I use the Mac security bible book and trust me u good to go...

But any good hacker will f**k up any system if he really wants too, pc are just away more easy for them to hack and hidemyass wont help.

All the firewall are comercial bullshit for the mean stream, i seen a killer doc where a school of webmaster tested all the firewall and found out that 99% were useless if someone really wanted to attact u.

Norton, Kaspersky etc etc pure crap... Go for Linux or Mac!!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
For sure man, in my IDS & forensics classes we beat the shit out of servers, firewalls, routers, ids's, vpn concentrators, etc., with all kinds of hacker tools/admin tools to exploit weaknesses, buffer overflows, ping attacks, shit whatever we can throw at them to reverse engineer attacks we do.. :D

Yeah hidemyass was just for the extra lil security of web browsing for the new peeps.... I have used mac since the beginning and always will, hell I work for them.. :D

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
aha wicked! I wish i worked for apple, i need one of those big ass Imac screen lol,

Im why wondering they went and hack ACE seeds for? i hope ppl aint using credit card to buy seeds there...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, the new 27" iMacs are da shit!! Fukin' tv!! :D Running the new quad core i7's here and it's insane..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Linux gal on a PC she built herself here. If ace has been hacked, chances are high they were being hosted on a MS server.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice GoD, Loud and Seamaiden!! Unix & Linux can't go wrong. Seamaiden, good know we have another A+ cert. member here reckin' the Linux and laying down boards.. :D j/k..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
27 Imac ahah i dont know if i even have the room for that lmaoooo...Damn i have to save up for that one str8!! Do u have prices Tex? :giggle

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
tex how much discount do you get? as i need a new macbook very soon

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's your flavor? I started out on Red Hat, then it crashed, so I moved to Gentoo. But I don't quite know my way around the command line (without help), and so I moved to Ubuntu. Running Karmic Koala right now.

What's funny as hell to me is one of my sisters. She used to work for PeopleSoft (got a fantastic sex harassment settlement from them), and for years and years and years has been a Microsoft girl. I've been using Linux for about 8 years now. She's got a website that she moved over to a hosting service that uses Linux servers only, and oh MAN you should hear her talk it up! It's like when she discovered Bjork, and I'd been listening to the Pixies for years.

It's fun to look at our logs and see the same guy from Korea trying to break into our LAN. Then my husband gave him the Ping of Death, and it all went away.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Then my husband gave him the Ping of Death, and it all went away.

LMAO, FUKIN' AWESOME.. Funniest shit I've heard all day..

I too started out with RedHat, now Fedora and Ubuntu. I really like Ubuntu tho.. I don't mind command line and writing code, my old HS teacher got me into that.. I write in C++, C#, and Javascript, however, I don't like sitting all day in front of a computer all day. One hell of a conundrum, I know.. :D

L

Loudblunts

too many to name.

is it bad i started fucking with linux b/c at the time i was uber young and all my neighbor's wifi was "locked down" with wep? Hey i just wanted to borrow inet to do my homework and stuff :D

from redhat to kopernetix, to kubuntu to ubuntu and a more and more

chilling with the Lucid Lynx for right now though

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
shit 30% thats a nice discount..would i be able to pick that up from a shop in spain?

because shipping a 27inch imac would be expensive.

i know we are off topic but this is the smokers lounge :)

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
im after one too, im wordering about the shipping...Damn 27" its huge im on a 15" now imagine im doing all my graphic on that lil mac book lol

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
im after one too, im wordering about the shipping...Damn 27" its huge im on a 15" now imagine im doing all my graphic on that lil mac book lol

you think 15" is small lol

thcfarmer was made on my 13" macbook :animbong:

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
you think 15" is small lol

thcfarmer was made on my 13" macbook :animbong:

What!!!! Holy shit, bro! Madd props to ya on that..

Logic, it would not be able to be picked up locally, sorry. I have to order it on our companies intranet and I pick it up at my work or they ship it to me.. No biggie tho, I can always re-ship to whomever needs a new computer. Oops, sorry Apple, did I say that out loud.. :D

Apple has all kinds of export control laws on our computers due to being considered a possible "terroristic weapon", been like that for a long time, especially with our Mac Pros. Those fuckers can take over a small country if you get a couple together.. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom