Acid soils produce females?

• Thread starter Ray Terauchi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ssteely71

Start with 10 regular seeds. Grow them all out and kill the males. Take cuttings from all the females and flower them out. Once you harvest pick the best one for your tastes and clone that mother plant for eternity. No males ever again.

Ray Terauchi

Ray Terauchi

Start with 10 regular seeds. Grow them all out and kill the males. Take cuttings from all the females and flower them out. Once you harvest pick the best one for your tastes and clone that mother plant for eternity. No males ever again.

I will probably sound like an idiot , but how do you clone the mother? Thanks for the tip.

S

ssteely71

I will probably sound like an idiot , but how do you clone the mother? Thanks for the tip.

Just taking and rooting a cutting of your female " mother" plant is considered cloning. It's a way to keep your favorite plant for eternity. Different gardens have different systems of taking cuttings/making clones. I grow out a plant a few months then I take a cutting and root it. Then I take the original plant and flower it out to enjoy. I grow out my cutting and do it all over again and again. So far I have not kept a plant around for more than three runs, but I could. And there are no bad questions. Peace

Cort

Cort

You could also try just picking up some clones if in a legal state. Sounds like you need an easy start.

Try searching youtube and watching some videos. There are some great growers out there making videos and will help you get an understanding of how cannabis is grown.

K

kolah

There are quite a few articles (here and all over the web) that explains what increases seedlings to develop into females... like soil, hot versus cold temperature, lighting cycles, music, touch, chemicals, etc. I always start my seedlings in cold temps in basic grow soils like Happy Frog and have been lucky as over the years I always get a large female to male ratio (around 70-80% females). I am unsure if genetics plays a role but maybe the more experienced growers would attest to that. I believe it is said that the normal ratio is 50/50. All in all it's a pretty cool thing and it could come down to just a simple roll of the dice as Mother Nature does her thing.

on another note: I wonder if there is any record of who grew kept a mother plant alive for the longest period of time. 20 years or so? I think I read that DJ Short had his blueberry for 20 some years and that Mr Nice still has his White Widow (renamed Black Widow because of all the copycats.

Ray Terauchi

Ray Terauchi

Just taking and rooting a cutting of your female " mother" plant is considered cloning. Peace

Thanks! But let me get this clear. You are saying you can take a cutting of a branch and plant it in the soil? And it will grow?

Ray Terauchi

Ray Terauchi

There are quite a few articles (here and all over the web) that explains what increases seedlings to develop into females... like soil, hot versus cold temperature, lighting cycles, music, touch, chemicals, etc. I always start my seedlings in cold temps in basic grow soils like Happy Frog and have been lucky as over the years I always get a large female to male ratio (around 70-80% females).

Ah yes. Alkaline favors females. But I didn't think of temp. Kinda like hatching crocodile babies.

S

ssteely71

Thanks! But let me get this clear. You are saying you can take a cutting of a branch and plant it in the soil? And it will grow?
That's the basic idea. There are techniques and products that increase your cuttings chance of survival. Do an internet search on how to take marijuana cuttings and find the style that fits your budget and skill level. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom