Activated Carbon Refill

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

Hey guys,
I researched on here quite a bit before posting this question but i remember a while back i read a post taht had to do with people popping out the rivits on their phresh and Can-filters to replace the activated carbon inside instead of purchasing new ones. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? It would be a great money saver i think for all of us. the information i remember is taht it has to be packed in just right or it wont work. Ive heard of some crazy techniques from banging on the rim with a rubber mallet to driving around the city or offroad with it in the back of your truck lol. Your information would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Grow

G

Genius Genetics

yes its easy to do just drill out the rivits on the open end of the can only using a small drill bit then refill with Activated Carbon pellets and tape or nut n bolt it back on you can buy Activated Carbon pellets from a aquarium shop or on ebay the method used to settle the pellets when they are in the can all depends on the size of the can you are using???
what size can's do you have???

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

settling them back in is the issue i've always had with attempting to do that. well also i use a can 100 so 90 lbs of carbon will be a pain to replace and damn near impossible to settle without one of those high powered vibrating tables they use to do it in the factory.

I

ibTheMan

just buy new ones, first you probably aint getn r 4-8 carbon so it aint going to be as good and youll need new pre filters(extra cash), plus you need a cement vibrator= just buy new ones.

G

Genius Genetics

yer can's that big are a pain in the ass and you do really need the vibrating table they use but the smaller can's are dead easy to do ur self no problems you could use rubber mallets and such or place the can on the floor right next to a wacker plate that one works well or even on top of ur washing machine its worth a try.

peace GG

G

Genius Genetics

If you keep buyin new one's then you will have to keep gettin rid of the old one's which can be a big problem and security risk refill is the way to go if you havent got massive cans.

~gg~

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Recharging ur filter

Hay bro just take ur filter down take it outside and wash it out from the inside out with ur water hose, till it comes clean then let it dry out in the sun, the cold water and the heat from the sun will reactivate the carbon, I have a mountain Air carbon filter thats been going strong for 6 years now with no probs, just wash once a year and ur good to go..........GM

G

Genius Genetics

DOES Recharging REALLY WORK IV NEVER TRIED IT BUT WOULD BE GOOD IF IT DOES WORK.

G

growgrow

thanx for the tips guys.... i have 2 750 cfm phresh filters... do you think that the recharge would really work by hosing it off? and what did you mean by prefilters for the activated carbon? How would i know when the carbon is actually washed off enough? Thanks for all the imput guys....

Top Bottom