Active Grow- Refinancing Home: Fha Loan

• Thread starter ugmjfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ugmjfarmer

Hey all-

I'm running a legal MMMP grow in my basement. A/C Mini Split installed in that room, but nowhere else in the house has A/C. I know that FHA/HUD guidelines mean that there cannot be an active grow in the house when the appraiser comes through so this brings to me some difficulties. I was hoping someone here has had an appraisal before and can offer some tips on what to do.

My plan is to remove the two grow tents in this room, pull down the poly covering the walls and window. Sweep up, mop. Pull out the extra plug that I installed just so there is no questions. I will remove the water res and my lighting controller plugs into the dryer plug so that is gone as easy as unplugging a fan. So basically aside from the A/C installed in this room, it will look like a normal basement area with the home's power box/service coming into it. Box up all the grow equipment, nutes, ect. Move anything hose related to the garage. Hide the soil in the basement, I'm not moving that stuff too heavy. This was the way it was before, except for the A/C.

Question here: Will this be a problem with the room having an a/c wont it be somewhat apparent what was going on?

Now.. I have these phenos of Jawa Pie and Girl Scout Candy I cannot get rid of. I have them vegged to 2ft tall ready to start the next grow of 6 plants, along with a bay area blue dream teen (hard to get in michigan) and a few strains that I need to test. I cannot loose these genetics entirely, that would be tragic. But there cannot be plants in the house.

Which would you do??

A: -I can rent a van and put the plants temporarily into that van for a few hours running the a/c. I could even drive around town with the plants if need be. The cost would be probably less than the power needed to grow the plants to their current size; but there is that chance that I will end up with plants too big if I don't just bloom them as is within two weeks.. This is the risky option that costs more but keeps the grow going at its current pace with the least interruption.

-Or.. B: I could bite the bullet and cut down all the veg plants, clone them off and move around a small box of plants. There would be less smell this way; less chance of being noticed as a grow house. This way the plants are just a clone tray or two and would be able to be driven around in a car for an hour, no problem. this options is the biggest waste of energy as I have already spent time growing these teens out instead of a mom operation for clones; and I would of course have to start all over again once the appraisal is done.

The appraisal isn't scheduled yet so I have time to plan out all these logistics. I was going to redo the room anyways so this isn't that big a deal. getting a tent back up for vegging the same day will be however; but as you can see pretty simple to accomplish. No plants HAVE to die for this to happen I just wonder what you think I should do; or if you had this happen what you did; or expose holes in my plan; stop me from making a mistake. This thread could really help someone in the future as there are NO threads on any boards about grow ops and FHA/HUD loans.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Yeah that AC in your basement would be a giant red flag, but who knows maybe they don't care and they just have a job to do? Everything is always better safe than sorry but if your mmmp I feel your pretty safe as long as your compliant..

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

In regards to a. Where do you live is it hotter climate? My basement has an ac unit just because of the season heat. Play it off that last year you swore to yourswlf youd get an ac after last years summer. In regards to the plants can u hide them in the backyard?

U

ugmjfarmer

Borrow some gym equipment prior to the visit...that might not raise such a red flag. Gym mats, boxing gloves or anything that can justify the AC...got the idea?

This is GENIUS. You just saved my life. That is absolutely what we are about to do... we are going to move the exercise equipment into that room and put down the padded mats over any water damage to the sub-par paint that was on the floor (soon to be fixed). This will totally justify the room with the a/c. OMG THANK YOU!

as for the plants moving them into the yard will advertise to the neighborhood that we grow. I don't want the kind of attention that will bring, and the yard is extra small so I think this is a no go. My idea is to rent a van and just move them off the property for the day that the appraisal happens, then move them back in with the tent set back up in the room. It's a high task now of moving exercise eqipment plus setting up a tent again; but this is the easiest way to cover all bases.
Yeah that AC in your basement would be a giant red flag, but who knows maybe they don't care and they just have a job to do? Everything is always better safe than sorry but if your mmmp I feel your pretty safe as long as your compliant..

I have heard this from some and noise from others. It depends on the bank, they appraiser is to follow their instructions and if it says walk right out if there is a grow, medical or otherwise then I'd rather not take the risk. I also heard on an appraisers forum that one appraiser got a $600,000 bill for a home after DEA raided it a few months later and seized the property for an illegal grow and it was obvious that he covered up for the homeowner. I feel hearing that kind of noise in a profession where that could happen would make any appraiser shit their pants if they saw a grow.. unless they know something I don't know.

I'd rather not risk it. :)

indicabush

indicabush

@ugmjfarmer ...your welcome and good luck with the appraiser. What are you going to do for lighting in the van?

Suggestion...storage locker with indoor lighting for your plants...may be less expensive then renting a van for the day. Vehicles get stolen and broken into all the time:(

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

You didn't mention the state your in?if it's near so Cal I may be able to help you out,did the exact same thing last year for another member,my rooms are empty right now for summer break.

william76

william76

@ugmjfarmer ...your welcome and good luck with the appraiser. What are you going to do for lighting in the van?

Suggestion...storage locker with indoor lighting for your plants...may be less expensive then renting a van for the day. Vehicles get stolen and broken into all the time:(
U put the plants in the van at the start of there dark period,then u have 12 hours to get the appraiser in and done before lights back on,sort the lighting periods so that they go on at 7 at night,then get them out and into the dark at 7 am,gives the appraiser all day before lights go back on at night.good luck,76

U

ugmjfarmer

Going to be easier to reclone and start a-new. I added recharge to my last feeding and my crop has now overgrown the tent. Literally 8 inches this week it got out of control. That stuff really blows up plants.. works well with botanicare pure blend pro and mammoth P, jeesh. LOL woops! Since I am going to rebuild the room; the plant shape I have only works for moms. Much easier to box up three trays of clones and put them in the car for an hour. Also gives me a chance to reset for any future problems that have been creeping up.

Just kills me to get rid of these plants. I would usually just give them to my buddy but he A) lied to me about being legal/caregiver and got raided when I did that last year trying to start up before he had patients and cards, B) robbed me for 2.5oz to "make shatter" but he ended up not taking my phone calls anymore, and C) doesn't represent the strains I grow well. D) steals power and melted his power line recently. He's screwed.. nobody melts their neutral wire twice in a month LOL. I want the breeders due respect not taking my time/power/nutes/love/art and giving it to some shithead to put in a deathtrap fire hazard grow with felony stolen power. Besides, someone I've known for 25 years who was best man at my wedding shouldn't offer to run some shatter for me than disappear with what I was willing to hand him for "starters" but of course he wanted EVERYTHING. So.. I'm re-organizing my doings; since I cannot find trustworthy people in Michigan.

I'll call out his online name, Nutrient_Shootouts. Stay away from him, especially if you are a female. I will privately explain why if you are female and know him and tell you who to contact if you want to say something without any judgement or retribution.

You didn't mention the state your in?if it's near so Cal I may be able to help you out,did the exact same thing last year for another member,my rooms are empty right now for summer break.

Michigan. Have family in SLO/Fresno with a free place to stay for a little so I could easily relocate to pursue an opportunity using my grow talents. Warehouse space looks attractive, need some research on how that rec grow thing is panning out.. are the regulations just killing anything with less than a $1mil investment?

Last edited:
U

ugmjfarmer

Everything worked out great. The room was a true exercise room- complete with super duper climate control that can lower or raise body temperature on command. Perfect for someone who is temperature sensitive and suffers from fibromyalgia.

indicabush

indicabush

@ugmjfarmer ...good to know everything worked out well for you:cool::smoking:

BadFollow

BadFollow

A friend of mine got a huge farm, and now he have no financing due the coronovirus. The only one thing he can do, is to go for a loan to reinvest in his farm, but he is seeking for a good credit offer. Any suggestion?

BadFollow

BadFollow

Hey, friend, I think, that you have nothing to worry about as the main advantage of any person is the fact that we're able to adapt and to learn! For example, when I was a newbie in questions related to loans/mortgages, I really was afraid to take a loan... However, every man will face this someday. To be honest, I needed a loan because I wanted to start a business, so I searched for a loan company with a low interest rate and easy registration, and among all the offers I liked proposal of Lime loan company about which you can find more at Lime - https://credit-10.com/se/lendo-logga-in/ (of course if you're interested in it)
don't advertise here
reported

Aponamed

Aponamed

If I were you I wouldn't waste money on it. I mean, it's better to borrow it instead of taking a loan and buy it. I know that there are so many financial agencies that offer low interest rates. I honestly, was about to take a mini loan (https://www.edullinenlaina.com/40000e-laina/) but then, I decided that it's better to borrow it. Afterall, you won't use it that long. In any case, if you still believe that buying the whole thing is a a good idea, make sure you will use it in the long run! Good luck!

D

dean1963

why not just buy an ad here asshole?
reported because i don't like salesmen and i've never ratted in my life before and wanted to see how it felt

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Personally option B, clone, save the genetics, stay safe

Top Bottom