Actually a decent harvest?

• Thread starter Dillinger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dillinger

Has anyone actually switched over to a all LED flowering on a large Scale and done well? And also have it documented. I am wanting to see someone who was running at least 8 or more 1000 watt HPS lights and switched over to LED and is getting the same quality and quantity harvests. I am praying you are out there. I have been to shows where the LED guys had a HPS grown cola sitting out in a display and that's dirty business. I know for a fact its
Happened at the first Cannsbis cup in SF . Lets see real results. I want it so bad to be true. I can't afford the A/C bills and need LED to work. I live in a extremely hot environment and 90 F outside is 160 inside with 30,000 watts going . I need LED please show me.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

and just throwing it out there from what ive seen,

anyone that comes out pretending to have an honest answer will be from and LED company.... which makes that whole "honest" part of the answer irrelevant.

Analog

Analog

I would say the same, anything you see claiming to be a grow from a former hid user that has a scale of ten lights will almost certainly be LED maker b%llshit. Growing at that scale you would be using the 1000Ws for their penetration and outright power which LEDs just cant provide and likely won't be able to for some years yet. Great for small grows though but you probably know that.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

well the whole problem, to me, is the exclusivity... if you will, of the LED market right now.

they are everywhere, yet they say the different spectrum is that much different, which may be true, but it sure as fuck doesnt make it that expensive... and they charge 1500$ for a 1k equivalent.

like i said in another post, its like buying a hybrid car. you may get a little more out of it some way youre looking for or another, but after the increase in cost, the second you'd break even and start even seeing a profit is when its time for a new one, just get the gas engine, or the one that works and has been proven, and save the hype for when its been proven enough that bigger companies do it. in turn creates more volume, which decreases prices.

but i'll tell you now someone is making a killing and a ferrari payment on people chargin 1500$ for a 90LED board. that shit is fucking crazy.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Corvette still beats a Prius in a drag race..and IMO HID still beats LED

Wonder if anyone has ever used an actual spotlight to grow, like one of those ones at a movie premiere or something...something like a few million or so candle power

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

oh im one all about nice cars... been driving a GTR for the last two weeks, LOL. current project is my buddies '11 STI, we've got the suspension done, about 18G's into the car after purchase so far.... just ordered about 8K more for the downpipe and a bigger turbo. just gutted the A/C and we're tinkering w the exhaust... stock is pretty much more efficient than anything else until we build the engine....
sorry RANT... hit a sweet spot. haha

but electric applied right, is better than anything else.... they just market for efficiency... which is DUMB. market 100% torque from 0, and people will buy that shit all day long.

Boogi3Man

Boogi3Man

Look at lumigrow pro625 its definitely the best on the market ! I would run a full room of those and not look back ! If u got the cash its a win

Analog

Analog

I hear you loud n clear, have actually dropped around 2K on LEDs that are now sitting in boxes or have been moved on and my next grow which I'm planning right now will be HID fired with a chance of LED sidelighting. I love LEDs, I think they are/will one day be better than HID in every respect but not until I see an LED with 3-10W diodes with 5-600W output for less than $500 will I again sink my $ in one as a main lighting fixture. Spending the $ on making your grow more efficient in other areas or just don't spend it at all but right now buying LEDs on the 'cooler, cheaper, longer lasting' point is throwing your $ in some assh@t's pocket who is lying to you.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you can keep the axles from snappin, electric rules for excelleration. I used to do alot of industrial work with electric motors and frequency inverters, dweels, buffers, steppin brakes, and ramps to keep shaft assemblies from comin apart..

A GTR, you bitch!! I love the new ones, what a sled...not that big into tuners though i would take one of those. I like bid displacement, long stroke monsters.. a little Av gas and we're off to the races at 2 miles a gallon..lol

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

2008 Nissan GTR front2

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There are two out by me and I gawk at them with envy

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah, not officially mine, yet. my fathers friends lease is up soon, have the chance to buy it out at a ridiculously killer price. i was lookin at em already, so the gun was just put in my hand, so to speak.

only 18K on the bitch too. FUCKIN RIGHT! ahhaa.

Analog

Analog

THAT is awesome. I still remember when the original R32 (still an amazing car) was banned from the Australian touring car series as the locally built cars couldnt compete. It was pretty one sided, 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive, hicas, 4 wheel steering, 2 staged turbo... no contest. I hear the V8 on the new ones is just ridiculous... lucky muthaf#cka!!!

Ever after

Ever after

pot is legal in WA can CO so i think the leds are going to be good soon

shawnskush

shawnskush

leds are great for veg pure lameness for flower unless in a real small space

Top Bottom