Added Wrong Nutrients

• Thread starter bigger buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigger buds

I was in a rush and mixed wrong additives. I added Top Shooter instead of Top Booster to the 5th weeks of flowering. Should i be worried? Just continue where it is without flushing it out?

xavier7995

xavier7995

What medium are you in? Did you add it at horribly wrong ratios...like 10x more of product X than you should have since you were thinking of product Y's amounts? If it was the right amount, just wrong product...eh, you would probably be fine to just roll on. That is assuming coco/hydro though where the nutes get used up quickly.

If in soil you might want to flush it out so you don't have unknown entities hanging around.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wish I had the answer for you. How're they looking? What did you end up doing?

B

bigger buds

It was 2x the amount and in coco. I've heard Top shoot/shooting powder can do alot of damages if improperly use. I am keeping an eyes on it closely for the next few days. After 24 hrs no changes to the plants.

xavier7995

xavier7995

PK boosters can certainly mess stuff up, but eh, once as a double dose will be fine. I would guess you are watering daily so the fresh nutes should be pushing the residuals out.

B

bigger buds

Between feed and water, about 4 times a week, sometimes 5 depend if the coco still moist or not. 7 gal pot, temp 75f, humid 50%. First time in coco, 2nd harvest, i have some very ugly girls compare to what i have seen posted

xavier7995

xavier7995

Eh, bet they are fine. Give them just water the next or two they look dry and it should be alright. You should be able to water daily if in flower in coco, but you might have too big of pots. People grow massive trees in 3 gallons of coco, you can do pretty big plants in solo cups even. Next run, try halving the amount of coco in the container and feeding more often. Should bump your yield up a bit.

B

bigger buds

Thanks for great info. What if space isn't an issue? My new room ceiling will be 16 ft.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Eh, grow some really tall sativas?:) I don't think it would have a big impact on the right size of container for your plant. You could be fancy and get a gavita or nanolux light, you need the height for those and from what I gather they are friggin awesome. Can't find the thread, but sounded like the nanolux they advertise on the right margin of this page is a bit better and cheaper, maybe had better customer service as well.

Not sure what sort of container you are using, but I use like 7-10 gallon grow bags filled less than half way (maybe a quarter...basically two or three gallons worth) with coco. I like having the wider base for my plant, the narrower containers can tip.

ps. you might want to give ghost train haze a run if you can find seeds still. it way overgrew my tent, would have really flourished with tall ceilings, the thing just gets massive and I think it is always going to bug me I didn't get to give it a proper environment. just thinking of ways to take advantage of your space:)

B

bigger buds

Can you point out the particular models? Complete fixture or separate? Thanks

xavier7995

xavier7995

Sorry man, I don't know enough about them to make any sort of recommendation. I just know you mount them rather high up and they cover a pretty large area with great light penetration. They are for more commercial use...but well, would be one heck of an addition to a home garden but most people don't have high enough ceilings to run them.

B

bigger buds

Sorry for asking many questions. For example, my flower room is 20'x32'x16', if i choose nanolux de 4x4 i can hang 10 (2x5) lights 36" away from the ceiling, is this enough? Or i need a whole lot more lights? Thanks

xavier7995

xavier7995

oh, thats a big room. Yeah, you definitely should put commercial lights in there. The nano folks look to have a whole subforum of info:

I really can't advise on how many as I am not sure of what size footprint they have, but with a room of those dimensions it would be the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom