Adding “Great White” mycorrhizae through pump sprayer on mist setting?

• Thread starter Gorillachaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gorillachaz

Hey, I’m just getting into growing and I’m feeling myc-curious. I want to incorporate “great white” into my watering schedule every couple weeks and I was wondering if it is OK to put my pump sprayer on mist setting when doing so, or do I need to go with heavy flow to properly inoculate the soil? Mist is ideal for not kicking up as much soil

Adding great white mycorrhizae through pump sprayer on mist setting
Adding great white mycorrhizae through pump sprayer on mist setting 2
Adding great white mycorrhizae through pump sprayer on mist setting 3
Adding great white mycorrhizae through pump sprayer on mist setting 4
N

Natep

Ok don’t think it is really necessary to keep reapplying. Once it is established in your pots it will keep growing.

Z

Zill

Gor,

Save your money and try to return that bottle. Look it up mycorrhiza/plant relationships. It’s fungi and plants. Not bacteria and plants. Notice the content, it lists a lot of Bacillus sp. in very high numbers. They do that because bacillus forms spores. And if one wanted to you could show things in that jar are viable. The same BS is done with most yoghurt drinks. It says on the label it countains 1E9 viable cells. That’s BS. They add spore forming bacteria so that at any given time one can demonstrate it contains lots of CFU.

G

Gorillachaz

That 1oz bottle cost $15.00. Not such a huge loss.
Yeah I got it from my local spot one day just wanted to give it a test run. What product would you recommend as a replacement?

Z

Zill

Allow me to check that for you. It makes loads of sense to establish a mycorrhiza/plant relationship. To be honest I’m not sure if your growing liquid culture the plant will benefit all that much.

I’ll reply back. All good!

G

Gorillachaz

Allow me to check that for you. It makes loads of sense to establish a mycorrhiza/plant relationship. To be honest I’m not sure if your growing liquid culture the plant will benefit all that much.

I’ll reply back. All good!
Typically I would have applied it directly to the roots but I’ve already fucked around and put my plants into their final pots and I can’t really risk any more stress. Just got the Bluelab PH pen and hoping to correct stunted growth from PH issues.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Outdoors, and homemade soil! I use mykos when transplanting sometimes, and sometimes not. Haven’t really noticed any difference. Water in recharge periodically throughout summer! Once again, don’t know if it’s doing any good or not! Lol! If that stuff isn’t completely soluble, a clogged sprayer head on mist might make the decision for you! I wouldn’t lose any sleepover not using it. Just my limited experience.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I use Great White in soil. In that medium, it doesn't need to be reapplied because it's an organism and grows. This is the first time I've heard of it being sprayed. It has an advantage over other mycorrhizae products because it can be applied to soil at any time. Other products are added during transplanting. I haven't tried every product, though, so reading the label is important.

I recently read that it shouldn't be used for plants in the ground. That's because the native microbes will compete with it, and win.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Great white contains nothing but bacillus spores. Useless crap.
You know @Zill , that makes a ton of sense, I got a small container and for the life of me its never done crap in side by side regardless of how I applied. Only in one instance where things were fubar did it ever appear to help.
Now real growers recharge is great imo but that is basically a compost tea in a bag with extra goodies.
How do you feel about compost teas made at home? I know the microbe content would vary wildly but just as a general innoculant? I have had great results with my flowers and cannabis with brewed tea, but it may be anecdotal because my area has certain microbes that happen to be somewhat ideal. Anyways just picking your very large brain ✌

Z

Zill

Canna!,

How you been, my friend.

I am very much into all sorts of mashed fermented teas. That makes sooo much more sense than adding molasses. But wait, what is doing the fermenting? Is it simply endogenous microbes already on the vegtable material being mashed? I found a mycorrhizal product I posted a few lines above. That one actually continua’s fungal spores and not bacteria. If I was go into use the product I would use that one. If one starts off using pasteurized or sterilized soil it makes sense to add back beneficial fungi.

Your buddy,
Zill.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Great white contains nothing but bacillus spores. Useless crap.
Are you sure about that? The manufacturer claims it has both endomycorrhiza and ectomycorrhiza. Are you saying they're lying?

Here's the ingredients list from the manufacturer's web site:
Endomycorrhiza
Glomus aggregatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus intraradices – 83 props per gram
Glomus mosseae – 83 props per gram
Glomus etunicatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus clarum – 11 props per gram
Glomus monosporum – 11 props per gram
Paraglomus brazilianum – 11 props per gram
Glomus deserticola – 11 props per gram
Gigaspora margarita – 11 props per gram

Ectomycorrhiza
Pisolithus tinctorious – 187,875 propagules per gram
Rhizopogon luteolus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon fulvigleba – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon villosullus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon amylopogon – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma citrinum – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma cepa – 5,219 props per gram

Bacteria
Azotobacter chroococcum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus subtilis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus licheniformis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus azotoformans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus megaterium – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus coagulans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus pumilus – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus durum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus polymyxa – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas aureofaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas fluorescens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram

Contains the following 3 species
Trichoderma koningii-187,875 CFU’s per gram
Trichoderma harzianum-125,250 CFU’s per gram
Saccharomyces cerevisiae – 525,000 CFU’s per gram

Z

Zill

Hey Love,

Take look at the list of the microbes on the bottle that Gorilla posted. 99.9% is useless bacillus bacterial spores. Once I noticed that, bacillus, I stopped reading. They do have fungi listed. But are those spores forming fungi. Besides, if I had a formulation containing beneficial fungi why would I then add spore forming bacteria that do not form beneficial relationship with plants and do absolutely nothing.

This product add loads more sense…

And once again, if you think it’s benefiting your grow then use it.

Z

Zill

Love,

Reading your note again.

Glomus a fungus that forms spores on the tips of hyphae. But look at the label - 83 props/gm. I think that means 83 colony forming units (CFU)/ gm. 83 flippin spores per gram? Spare me. I would be looking to add millions of beneficial spots per application.

Mycorrhiza is huge. Don’t get me wrong. Not sure if it works all the week in liquid culture. I grow in my vegetable garden. I’m not too concerned with root fungi out there. But it makes loads of sense if growers begin with sterilized or even pasteurized soil.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@Zill,

I can't claim to be an expert. Far from it. I have seen favorable results from having used it, though. That said, I've also used other products.

Not sure if it works all the week in liquid culture.
Same here.

I grow in my vegetable garden. I’m not too concerned with root fungi out there. But it makes loads of sense if growers begin with sterilized or even pasteurized soil.
I've read that products like this are not for use in a garden. So, you're right about that.

Our Internet just went down so I'm tethered to my phone to finish this post. Not wanting to use my phone data too much, I might be offline for a while. I want to mention before I go, however, that there have been reports of people selling false Great White on Amazon. My understanding is they remove the contents to use for their own purposes and then fill the container with something else and resell it. Buyer beware.

Z

Zill

Whatever they remove and add back I doubt an end user would notice adulterated vs. real.

All good. I enjoy the conversation. Thanks.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Canna!,

How you been, my friend.

I am very much into all sorts of mashed fermented teas. That makes sooo much more sense than adding molasses. But wait, what is doing the fermenting? Is it simply endogenous microbes already on the vegtable material being mashed? I found a mycorrhizal product I posted a few lines above. That one actually continua’s fungal spores and not bacteria. If I was go into use the product I would use that one. If one starts off using pasteurized or sterilized soil it makes sense to add back beneficial fungi.

Your buddy,
Zill.
I have been well, how have you been?
I would have to agree with the teas being very effective in my experience as well.
As far as the origins of the microbes they are literally everywhere as you know so I don't think with current methods we will ever know for sure where they originated.
I will definitely take a look at the product you found, I feel like the more i learn the more I realize I need to learn lol. I can imagine that the bacteria is cheaper and easier to culture so that is most likely their reasoning behind adding it. Always nice to see you on the forum!
Take care Zill

Latest posts

Top Bottom