Adding a second rootzone, double plant ??

• Thread starter Zoneshityee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi all, so I'm trying an experiment and instead of cloning a branch, I'm trying to have it grow an additional rootzone, will this double the plants uptake? Had anyone tried this ?? Please share thoughts.. thanks!

Adding a second rootzone double plant
Homesteader

Homesteader

I do it all the time. Called air layering. Best method for 100% success but I assume this is what I am looking at

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Maybe I'm not following you after rereading this. What is your purpose? Are you trying to create a second plant?

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi! What is layering?? My thinking is doublen root zone = double nutrient uptake = double growth rate ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would just grow one big plant and look towards filling the canopy with that single. Air layering is cloning on the live plant.. Thought you were doing that.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Looks like a solution searching for a problem...? 🤔

Can you explain what you did or did not cut, where and why? The pic is not very clear.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Haha good one, I cut the bottom side on the first node first node and put cloning gel and wrapped it and put the rockwool.. I was just looking at the plant and thinking if it had another rootzone it could pump itself twice the nutes..

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Haha good one, I cut the bottom side on the first node first node and put cloning gel and wrapped it and put the rockwool.. I was just looking at the plant and thinking if it had another rootzone it could pump itself twice the nutes..
So yeah, you're doing air layering but planning on leaving the cutting on the plant.

All this is going to do at this later stage is slow that part of the plant down I think. 🤔 You could probably do better with some kind of root stim in the rez.

Even so, sounds like a fun experiment and if it roots you will have the option to remove the rockwool eventuality and keep that cut as a clone/mom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom