Adding a UFO

• Thread starter Budhog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budhog

I have 11 Super Silver Haze, 3 Pure Kush and 8 Mendo Madness plants vegging under 1400 Watts MH. I just got a UFO 90 Watt LED and am wondering whether I shoud add it to the vegging plants or keep it for clones/babies. I am curious if anyone has any experience blending HID and LEDs?

K

kansasgrown

I like using LED's for clones and moms and leave my HPS for vegging.

B

Budhog

That is what I was thinking too. I just happened across this one. A buddy owed me some cash and paid me with the LED. Will give it a try with any clones I manage to propagate.

B

bf74

addind led to hid in any phase of growth produces sick results-heres 2 pics first one is 7 rooted clones under pure led- the second is a nightshade grown under the same amount of led + 150w hps

Marchweek1 004
New 001
B

Budhog

Wow, those are pretty amazing. Now you've got me thinking I should hang it in the veg room with the MH's

T

Train 2 Bangkok

I have had success using a 90 watt UFO combined with 2 40 watt full spectrum 50K CFL's in my mother room. I made this switch a few weeks ago and am happy so far. It's covering a 3 foot by 3 foot area just fine with about 170 watts total power. Most 90 watt UFOs are about an 8-1 red to blue ratio, so for a mother room or vegging I prefer to add more blue, hence the additional 50K CFLs.

D

dynamitejack

I have 11 Super Silver Haze, 3 Pure Kush and 8 Mendo Madness plants vegging under 1400 Watts MH. I just got a UFO 90 Watt LED and am wondering whether I shoud add it to the vegging plants or keep it for clones/babies. I am curious if anyone has any experience blending HID and LEDs?

I think you should bring it back and spend $400 on anything else. That tiny ufo does not put out enough light to make a half ass dent in the amount of light your MH bulbs are making. If you only have MH ballasts use the $400 on HPS conversion bulbs or buy new HPS ballasts and light bulbs.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

When money alloys it. I plan on adding 2 ufos to my flower room.
I have 1000 watt hps, this weak am adding a 600 watt hps.
Next will be to ufos.
From what i have seen the extra color spectrum. Is where the real benefits are. And produces more trichs.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
How many ufos would you need to replicat two 400w mh. My next ques is how much would it cost?

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

i read a test grow by high times.
1 90 watt ufo. yeilded as much as a 400watt.
slightly flufier. but niticeably more crysals

B

bowcat

I use 4 LED lights to enhance the two 600w hps in my Northern Lights "Producer" grow box and my AK-47 yields have increased about 25%.

It is not that the buds have increased substantially in size since using the LEDs but the density of the bud structure is amazing.

I also having been laying two of the LEDs face up on the soil for the first two weeks of flowering...this also has shown promise.

O

okie dokie

boss, I grew with the UFO for 2 cycles and it was terrible. It does not give off much light at all. I grew out a crop of 5 Satori by Mandala Seeds under a led and the total yield was abysmal. I only got 30 g per plant. It is a waste of time. If you are going to spend the money get a new Sun spinner system.

B

bowcat

My only experience is with LED's as supplemental lightinging...I have noticed a positive effect but this has been in using them in tandem with MH and HPS lights.
:sun

T

TREEFARMER

I noticed a big difference with 90w LED UFO.. Put down near the lower plants.

R

RIcaregiver

I have tested 2 UFO's from different Chinese manufacturers using "Kill-A-Watt" and they only utilize 73 - 75 watts then if you adjust that for the watts usage of fans and circuit boards it is less than 70 watts of light !!!

I emailed the manufacturers and was told this is correct and the 300W models only use 240W before subtracting more fans and a bigger circuit board usage !!

False Advertising or What ??

Latest posts

Top Bottom