Adding Additional Micronutrients To Jacks 321

• Thread starter wine0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

What sixstring said. the plants looked really bleached out those QB's are quite powerful. They are also telling you that I believe cause they are super short and they appear to have a rather tight inter-node distance.

I use a modified mixture of Jack's to up the P and K in flower. I used the 3-2-1 grams/gal all the way thru like some recommend but had good weight but smallish buds. This run did the modified schedule and the buds are tight and large.

I use and NPK of 3-1-2 in veg (remember that's not grams but NPK ratio) and a 1-1-2 NPK ratio in flower and then a week to two weeks of flush if I time it just right:).

Note: I mix the ratios in a concentrated form in a bucket of water (say 1 gallon of each salt (jack's hydro in one container, Jack's Calnit in another and epsom)) and then I dose it out (measuring cups or graduated cylinders) to get the ppm I want in the reservoir. Trying to exactly guestimate the right number of grams to the gallon never really comes out right for me so I slowly dose the reservoir with concentrated solution.

For now you could just do the 3-2-1 gram/gallon thing and then switch the ratios for flower or try the 3-2-1 all the way thru. Just look at your early grows as learning opportunities. However, don't just mix 3-2-1 gram/gallon and put it in the reservoir. do the concentrate thing and slowly add it because my experience is the 3-2-1 gram/gal thing comes out to over 1,000 ppm. Use the concentrate method and measure carefully to keep the ratio right and the ppm where it needs to be.

Here is how I use Jack's: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ks-hydro-pro-and-jacks-calcium-nitrate.96174/

Dee

Last edited:
wine0

wine0

Sixstring, two sets of 3 QB288 with Meanwell 480B, I don't know my official PAR or Lumens. So are you're saying the warmer the water the bigger the chances I have for something to go wrong when using GWhite?

Dee, My Nodes are one after the other. I went through a lot of trouble and money to get them QBs to Hawaii. What about if I just rise the QBs higher like at 48in, right now they are at 24in?

So, I called Jacks one month back and they told me that it should be 3.6, 1.1 and 2.4 gram/gal, this is what I used at 1/4 strength first time and 50% this last, that took me to 780 PPM US scale. What PPMs are you going for and which scale are you using the 550 US or the 1000 New Zealand? So If I understand right your not measuring out millimeters, you're just adding the concentrated liquid and watching it arrive at your desired PPMs, which you will tell me later :-).

One of the plants is lime green, from what I have read its Iron deficiency. Should I buy some Iron or just let it be. I know that this run is pretty much a loser but would it be good experience to play with it or is it just a waste of money adding the iron? Dee I will check out your post.
Mahalo to all

wine0

wine0

Since you guys think my lights are too strong, I bought one of those Mushroom CO2 bags, Is CO2 for the flowering stage or Should I use it now?

wine0

wine0

dim those lights to about 50-60% and 24inches off plants.run the 321 at about 50% until those plants get bigger and greener.there are some good threads here on the 321 jacks mix. not really a 321 thread but alot of good info here if you can follow along lol https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/jacks-back-capulators-new-formulas.50080/
SIX, on the thread that you suggest they talk about MOST, what is that?
Now I'm confused, everyone in this thread said to stick to the basics and use only 321 but on the other thread, people are exploding with the excitement of adding other salts!! I dont know what school to follow :-(
Tks in advance

scubascrog

scubascrog

SIX, on the thread that you suggest they talk about MOST, what is that?
Now I'm confused, everyone in this thread said to stick to the basics and use only 321 but on the other thread, people are exploding with the excitement of adding other salts!! I dont know what school to follow :-(
Tks in advance
you dont need most jacks has enough in it already, its their micronutrient blend

Top Bottom