Adding Compressed O2 to the root zone in aero??

• Thread starter 666satan666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

666satan666

Hello all. I got to thinking one morning what if I added bottled 02 in to the root zone of my aero system. I am using 8 gal pails with 3 rotating spray heads in each. It is a drain back to res system. Would the increased O2 levels help growth rates? Any info would be helpfull.

G

GroHi

Gosh, haven't run across this one yet... pretty cool. Here are my concerns:
- compressed gas comes out at high pressure
- compressed gas comes out really, really cold
- finding the happy balancing point & actual logistics of running it consistently

I'd be curious to see the results, as would a lot of others! Peace & greenest of vibes.

Z

zoeronerer

look up oxygen reactors for aquariums reef tanks especially. all of these issues are solved . should be a diagram diy or just buy a used one. i cant recommend a brand off the top of my head.....i think lifeguard still makes one..

R

Rolln J

not sure why youd do this - roots need o2 not co2 - you can use co2 to control ph...

666satan666

I am talking about Oxygen!

not sure why youd do this - roots need o2 not co2 - you can use co2 to control ph...

I am thinking of a little shot of compressed oxygen every hour or so right into the pails where the roots are. Only thing I can see being an problem is Oxygen is explosive. But I am wondering if its just a 30 second shot every hour or so if it would be consentrated enough to be explosive? What does every one think

R

Rolln J

I am thinking of a little shot of compressed oxygen every hour or so right into the pails where the roots are. Only thing I can see being an problem is Oxygen is explosive. But I am wondering if its just a 30 second shot every hour or so if it would be consentrated enough to be explosive? What does every one think

heheh oh yeah you are talking about oxygen - I might have been really high...

I dont know if you can oxygenate water in that fashion.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i was looking into Fish tank co2 gen's and co2 tablets , but co2 only affects Photosynth
bottled water con Gas LOL "Sparkling water" the same thing if ya wana try.
but i would thin its not good rots need o2 like mentioned
maybe a fogger system in each bucket .... what im looking into now

leadplant

leadplant

I thought about doing this once, back in the day, by using a medical oxygen concentrator. No bottles or compressed air hassles that way.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Cornell University injects O2 into their GIANT raft systems and recirculates the nutes indefinitely. They have to though as they grow copious amout of lettuce on floating rafts. Minimal turbidity for oxygen to enter the water so it is nessisary. They ROCK it too. I thought about it many times but the cost of the oxygen was very cost prohibitive. Good luck.

Peace

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you would be better with air stones in res then messing with the O2.

A

Apophis

Our atmosphere is made up of over 20% O2, that's over 200,000ppm O2. Maybe create good air flow inside your aero tubes, like a small computer fan, but, to purchase and inject 100% compressed O2 wouldn't be logical.

Top Bottom