Adding P K for flowering?

• Thread starter Jasperbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jasperbuds

Hi again everyone. Love going through this site and reading about everyone experience and opinions and finding lots of good info for my first indoor grow. The question I gave today is about the NPK ratios in the nutrients I’m using.

So I’m growing 3 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots using soil EWC perlite mix. The plants are about 10 weeks old and on day 10 of flower. Temps and humidity have been pretty on point, 21-25 degrees and 55-65% RH. 300w light about 18” @ 80% Couple fans circulating in there.

I’m using AdvancedNutrients PH perfect 3 part solutions which call for the same mixture and ratios throughout the entire grow. Im also using Botanicare Cal Mag and I plan on switching to Sweet next week.
I’ve been using the nutrients at half strength about every 4-5 days rather than full strength once a week like the charts say with a light ph 6.4 plain/CalMag watering in between the feeding days. Aprox 4 gallons on the feeding days until I see a little run off and only about a gallon and a half on the plain watering days.
Yesterday nutrient water going in was 6.4 and 700ppm with runoff @ 6.5 with ppms @1500,

What I’m looking for some opinions on is that the PK ratios seem a bit low with nitrogen high for the flower stage with these advanced nutrients, 4-3-8 when all three parts are mixed. Now I know they sell a bunch of other products, the Big Bud and the Bud Candy, but I was hoping to get away without having to buy more of their stuff as I think I’ll go back to the Gaia Green dry amendments for my next run. I’ve used Gaia Green outdoors with great results.

So, does anyone think I should be adding any PK type booster to my current nutrients or just let it ride and see how she goes? One thought I had this morning was to possibly top dress with a bit of the Gaia Green power bloom dry amendments 2-8-4 that I have and then just continue with my regular feedings. Would the organic and liquid nutrients work together at all? Another thought after watching some YouTube was the banana tea, but I’m pretty sceptical about that one haha.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading. I tried to list as much relevant info on my grow as I could and I look forward to any comments or opinions on what I’ve been doing. Gotta say I’m pretty happy with my first indoor grow attempt here and I really want the girls to finish 💪🚀

Cheers🤘

Adding p k for flowering
Adding p k for flowering 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi again everyone. Love going through this site and reading about everyone experience and opinions and finding lots of good info for my first indoor grow. The question I gave today is about the NPK ratios in the nutrients I’m using.

So I’m growing 3 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots using soil EWC perlite mix. The plants are about 10 weeks old and on day 10 of flower. Temps and humidity have been pretty on point, 21-25 degrees and 55-65% RH. 300w light about 18” @ 80% Couple fans circulating in there.

I’m using AdvancedNutrients PH perfect 3 part solutions which call for the same mixture and ratios throughout the entire grow. Im also using Botanicare Cal Mag and I plan on switching to Sweet next week.
I’ve been using the nutrients at half strength about every 4-5 days rather than full strength once a week like the charts say with a light ph 6.4 plain/CalMag watering in between the feeding days. Aprox 4 gallons on the feeding days until I see a little run off and only about a gallon and a half on the plain watering days.
Yesterday nutrient water going in was 6.4 and 700ppm with runoff @ 6.5 with ppms @1500,

What I’m looking for some opinions on is that the PK ratios seem a bit low with nitrogen high for the flower stage with these advanced nutrients, 4-3-8 when all three parts are mixed. Now I know they sell a bunch of other products, the Big Bud and the Bud Candy, but I was hoping to get away without having to buy more of their stuff as I think I’ll go back to the Gaia Green dry amendments for my next run. I’ve used Gaia Green outdoors with great results.

So, does anyone think I should be adding any PK type booster to my current nutrients or just let it ride and see how she goes? One thought I had this morning was to possibly top dress with a bit of the Gaia Green power bloom dry amendments 2-8-4 that I have and then just continue with my regular feedings. Would the organic and liquid nutrients work together at all? Another thought after watching some YouTube was the banana tea, but I’m pretty sceptical about that one haha.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading. I tried to list as much relevant info on my grow as I could and I look forward to any comments or opinions on what I’ve been doing. Gotta say I’m pretty happy with my first indoor grow attempt here and I really want the girls to finish 💪🚀

Cheers🤘
I use Monster Bloom or Kool Bloom from 3 weeks in flower - 1 week before the end.......sometimes up to week 10 in flower....I think it hardens and helps them swell a bit more........I use General Hydroponics stuff I'm not sure about your line.....Monster bloom works well and its not GH affiliated as far as I know.

Top Bottom