Additives? Bud Candy? Bud Ignitor?

• Thread starter indoortech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

indoortech

Ive never messed with additives before, always assumed they were all hype. What do you guys think about Bud Candy, Bud Ignitor and Big Bud?

Im probably just going to go with one additive or two. I really like to keep things simple.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I think they are little pieces of a full nutrient line up, that they are over priced and you could do much better for less money. But yes giving your plants what they need and when they need it is very important, here's a thread from this forum I enjoy

M

Motherhugger

Ive never messed with additives before, always assumed they were all hype. What do you guys think about Bud Candy, Bud Ignitor and Big Bud?

Im probably just going to go with one additive or two. I really like to keep things simple.

I think if you have to choose one to two of these, I would choose Bud Candy and Big Bud.

I haven't tried Bud Ignitor before. Well, not yet anyway.

Bud Candy is the one to choose, in my opinion, since it's organic and it's one of my faves. And while organic nutes are more expensive, they make the bud taste all the better, in my opinion.

You can find a calculator on the Advanced Nutrients site that will help you to figure out when and how much to use of everything.

www.advancednutrients.com - I think.

I agree you should use one or two at first. In time, you can learn more about how to add more, but don't make things any more complicated than they need to be.

:cool0010:

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
you could also try the foxfarms tri pack
it comes in granules and is very simple to use.

open sesame- early weeks of budset
beastie blooms- middle weeks of flower
cha-ching- last weeks of ripening

S

Seafrost

Ive used both Big Bud and Bud Candy in moderation and i love them both. Only if your going to use Big Bud watch how much you use, you can easily overdo it, so use only a litttle bit.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I think they are little pieces of a full nutrient line up, that they are over priced and you could do much better for less money. But yes giving your plants what they need and when they need it is very important, here's a thread from this forum I enjoy

I have agree that they are part of a complete nute line up. Some are very expensive some aren't too bad. I would use something that helps bud set, then a mid bud product that helps beef up the nugs and something to help it finish.
I use Fox Farm Open Sesame, then Groteks Monster Bloom, then finish w/ AN's Overdrive. I also use mollasses as my sugar/carb. I get it for $10 5 gal at a feed store. A good source of sea kelp will help too.
I guess it depends on the size of your setup if the money is worth it and how good your bud in now. Usually power is the main problem w/ airy nugs, not the nutes. If your overall grow is small then the products should last awhile too. In my case if i use a $25 bottle and it adds just a 1/8th per plant then, well you do the math. If its all personal then it depends on whether your'e satisfied or not. Just be careful because some of the products out their are pretty hot and can fry your shit.:sign0023:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've experimented for the first time with Big Bud, and I am impressed and pleased. That said, I will be moving on to try out another product with which to inadequately compare it (really, best comparison is side-by-side using identical cuts).

I wish my feed store would carry molasses. I need gallons at this point and am limited to buying pints. The need for gallons is why my new local hydro shop isn't getting more of my business, too. They're stocking these teeny tiny little... I don't know what they are, half-cup sizes of a lot of the HN line, stuff like their Sea-Cal and Mag, fit in the palm of my hand, not enough to finish any single run with.

I also use the unused malted barley extracts that my husband gets in his homebrew kits. All that stuff is yummy! Makes for great on-the-spot snacking, especially if a few bugs get caught in it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
really seamaiden you dont need that much molasses - I have seen people say use 1-2 teaspoons per gallon or even 1-2 tablespoons per gallon.

That is way too much sugar, your plant only needs very little and the excess helps feed all the benificial goodies in the soil/medium that assist in breaking down nutes, these are mirco organisms and really dont need much sugar.

I run a 4x8 and have found that 1 bottle of molasses is more then enough per run. I been doing hand water DTW this last run and only give them molasses with the flush (every third water) and when I feed them MOAB.

I dont like using molasses at all when I run a recirc res, gunks that shit up fast. Instead I use bud candy, and like most everything else way more diluted then what the bottle suggests.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Motherlode, I'm growing a little bit more than just those girls in the flowering room. Nothing like humboldtlocal or dusty, but I go through the pint sizes locally available more quickly than I'd like. Currently I have to mix up one 35gal trash can every other day just for the hempy girls. My indoor girls, yeah, a little bottle does me just fine. The ladies in the planter down the hill..? I need another good sump pump or this'll be the last year of growing for my back.

Approximately 1tsp/gal, though sometimes less. Last year I was in the tablespoon/gallon range, but scaling things up means you go through quantities a lot faster even if you scale that down.

I do cook with it, too, though.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you could always ask your feed store to get in ordered for ya!

S

steelyeyes

I've got some girls starting week six of flowering. I have some Sugar Daddy on my shelf. Looks like it's mostly carbs, sulphur, and mg. There has to be something out there that will swell up buds better than that. Anyone know of something with carbs and fulvic acid, etc.?

My rez. change is tomorrow, I have to work all day, so my wife is doing the nute shopping and she's not into a lot of label reading.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
bud blood use at 1/2 strength. bud blood contains hormones to initiate flowering faster.gave not used the bud ignitor. bud blood is cheapest way to go.

big bud and overdrive will swell em up. 3 best an products, bud blod big bud and overdrive. I feel there the 2+ factor in the lineup.

Since your at week 6, may want to try out agricultural organics ooze and final bloom.
for carbs, i like blackstrap molasses.

Currently testing bananna manna + coco cat from tropical organics as alternative to carboload/sweet leaf. Bud candy does have the amino acids vs bananna manna + coco cat do not.

I (along with a few patients) am on the fence about the taste bud candy gives. I prefer to enhance the oil and aromas but not in a way that make em cotton candy.

alot of those products are simple epson salts...

Not true. Mola

Latest posts

Top Bottom