Additives for my garden

• Thread starter GirlCarny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GirlCarny

Im presently growing in straight perlite and plan on reusing this medium for the next few grows. The only nutrients I use are DM gold 2 part bloom and Humboldt nutrients big up powder. Im questioning and asking for help with what other additives would be beneficial in perlite. To help increase quality/quantity.

Silica - I should probably be adding this next time around.
Beneficial Bacteria - Will I notice a difference using these in perlite with chemical fertilizers?
Humic-Fulvics Completely clueless.

Any suggestions or other additives would be really helpful thanks

My last and current grow

GC

P

paulycali

Not sure to much on the silicas but definetaly adding beneficial bacteria is a must. Works wonders for sure. I like to use the beneficial bacteria powders when transplanting and then feeding the plant beneficials for a week or so. Then once flowering is induced i feed again with beneficials. This stuff puts your plants in overdrive and they work twice as hard and seem twice as happy. If you dont use beneficial bacteria your missing out big time. Your plants will be twice as healthy if you use the beneficial bacterias. Lots of free samples of those bacterias going around. Try some out for sure

The humic and fulvic acids work great to. You can foliar spray with it or soil drench with it. Great stuff for sure. They are extremely efficient chelating agents that fascilitate the uptake of micro and macro nutrients. Increases resistance to stress. Brings more vigor to the plant which in turn creates bigger better tastier harvests. Try them out for sure. If you see a difference continue using it. if you think it doesnt benefit you then dont use the but at least try them out. You will be amazed by the results. Good luck and hope my info helped you out in one way or another. Have fun GirlCarny and keep up the good work. Your doing great. Peace out and see you in the threads :)

phenotyper

phenotyper

I would add all three.

Silica - K boost, Si boost, drought resistance, increased cell wall thickness, sturdier plants. ProTekt is cheap and effective.

Beneficials - Yes! As long as you don't overdo the chem ferts. I'd also like to add, inoculate your babies with mycorrhizae on transplant.

Fulvic/Humics - Both are/break down into, humic acids. Fulpower is an excellent additive for hydro applications like yours. I use it in soil and it is the highest quality fulvic acid that i have found.

I think all three things you are thinking of adding are a great idea. Are you running hempy buckets, drain to waste, with the perlite?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Silica is most important. Most formulas do not have enough especially for a flowering plant. Silica is one of the most over looked and under applied (lacking) nutrient additive next being sulfur.

Does anyone know what percentage silica makes of the ENTIRE plant? Up to 15% of the flowering plants weight can be contributed to silica alone!

G

GirlCarny

Thanks for the replies.

Pheno or anyone else,

Beneficials - Yes! As long as you don't overdo the chem ferts. I'd also like to add, inoculate your babies with mycorrhizae on transplant.

I was always under the impression that with beneficial bacteria would die if not in soil or would be killed by the salts in the fertilizer.

Running a hempy bucket, although Im not using any vermiculite.
Thanks again for the replies, appreciate the time

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Mycos are pretty much useless in short term hydro. Other beneficials are excellent for keeping rot at bay (trichoderma).

Only extremeley high levels of ferts will effect bacteria. If you run thsi high a concentrate your plants will die anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom