Additives

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Whats going on everyone! Was wondering what additives everyone uses in flower to help boost trichs, size and density. I usually don't add anything to my basic lineup but am going to try something new. I currently run Heavy 16 and H&G (in different rooms obviously). I just use the base nutes plus whatever additives they have so Base A and B plus roots, fire, finish and prime for H16. I am a firm believer in good genetics and minimal nutrients + teas. BUT I want to see what one or two nutrients everyone else can swear by for like I said above added size, trichs or density.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Would you use CalMag every feed during veg & bloom, do you cut it out any point? Using RO water with coco.

symbiote420

symbiote420

It's Mg and K that will get those gals frostier....... I like using good ole epsom salts, seaweed, & molasses for that!

I've noticed that mostly all of the varieties I've grown, be it an OG, Chem, or whatever have only needed extra Ca and Mg around the 3rd - 6th week of bloom........ has anyone else noticed that that's when Ca/Mg deficiencies begins to rear? I've found that adding N, microbes, and a few trace elements will get most plants even if they're finicky as hell through veg & the first two/three weeks of bloom. I hear lots of peeps spreading that plants store up the nutes you give them to use later but that's not correct, plants only use what they need..... the rest is left in the soil which can make the pH shift like crazy and cause your babies to fry, become stunted from lockout, or worse! I start kickin' em extra K from week 3 of bloom till I'm ready to give em straight water before harvest.

philly kush

philly kush

I use botanicare cns17 grow & bloom with Humboldt roots, & black strap molasses. I also use crystal burst from Humboldt County's Own it makes my ladies glisten with happiness & brings out their fragrance. I try to keep it simple & I get great results,PEACE & HAPPY GARDENING. If you can get MOAB from mad farmer that will also help plump up the nugs to I used it before with nice results,,,,PEACE!!!!!

Natural

Natural

Additives are mostly worthless unless your plants are suffering from something else. If the plants are at optimum health you will see negligible relults. I promise.
dont waste you money folks

That's a great comment. Especially when speaking to the bigger better faster hype of most additives out there. ..completely worthless.
Bottled salts in soil, had me chasing my tail for years though, to get a quality product. Saying it lacked something. There's definitley something to say about the quality and source of food you're giving and the end prodcut. Converting to a mostly organic regimen helped me realize what head stash really means. Quite alot of organic products contain base plus micronutes. I like to give my girls a diverse diet of different organics without going over-board, seems to work best for me.
Even went back in time and grabbed some Botanicare veg and calmag bottles..I guess out of curiosity. Plants didn't look as good as I thought they would. Those bottles will get dusty.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Raw salts for the win. Quality is judged on clean burn smooth inhale and lots of flavor, if in the genetic cards. As grower givkng a proper ratio of different salts will give the highest quality at the lowest cost while providing the most complete nutrient formulation AND elinating guess work. Remember pH is of the utmost importance. And this alone can affect every stage of growth.
Sorry if I hijacked your thread. But if you have any doubts as to what I say. Look at my pics and read the reviews from our shop 14er holistics in Boulder. That SHOULD help give a little validity to what I say

Peac

Top Bottom