Adirondack Garden Gal Making a Diary '22

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Hello fellow farmers! Starting my 2022 journey, and I'm going to try to actually keep a grow diary this time... I said that last year too and was lazy about it... well more like my ladies were massive and required all my extra time. 🤷‍♀️
So I start indoors because I'm in the Northeast and I have to. Last year I had 12 plants, yeilded 10 pounds, about 7 of nice bud and 3 smaller buds destined for various edibles and extractions. The 5 in my garden were babied, the 7 in other locations were cared for but semi neglected at times. My biggest gal yeilded about 2 and a half pounds, she was a white widow.

This year I'm scaling it back a bit. Starting with 8 seeds, might make a few clones if time and space permit, we shall see... I do like to give babies to my friends.
On 3/19 I put my seeds in water to germinate and placed the cups in a box on my warming mat. I have a Super Skunk, an Amnesia Lemon, a Black Cherry Punch and 5 Texada Time Warps, which is a new strain for me, so I'm excited about them. All are photoperiod obviously, I think the Texada are regular, not feminized, but I'm honestly not sure, we shall see! The others are feminized and I grew all 3 of those strains last year as well.
As of yesterday, 3/21, all but the Texada Time Warps had sprouted tails, I'm hoping that's just an indication that they are super robust and need extra time to break through thier shells.
Last night I put all the germinated seeds in their pots. 1 gallon garden pots filled 2/3 of the way with an organic soil mixture which has mushroom compost and worm castings, added some coir for moisture purposes and some perlite for aeration. The top third of the pot I just used organic seed starter with some extra perlite, I think it's mostly peat and some coir. I do it this way so that I can avoid one transplant, they start in the plain mix and by the time the root gets down to the soil mixture, it's a little more robust and ready for the delicious organic soil. I'm currently using my sun mimicking people light that is used to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder, I usually use a plain fluorescent shop light, but my new spot does not accommodate the 4 ft light, so I'm working with what I have. The bulbs are basically fluorescents on steroids lol. Once they are up and looking ready to grow out of the seedling stage, I'll hang my Mars Hydro.
Hoping for a successful season and looking forward to warm summer days in the garden!
20220319_223132.jpg
20220322_000010.jpg
20220322_001234.jpg
20220322_001736.jpg
20220322_002313.jpg
Screenshot_20220322-002455_Light Meter.jpg

TSD

TSD

I am in on this .
How are things going ?
So far, only the Amnesia Lemon and Black Cherry Punch have pushed through the dirt, that was 3 days ago. Super Skunk had popped when I put it in the dirt, but it's not popped up, might be a dud. None of the Texada Time Warp popped or showed any signs of germinating after 2 days of soaking, other than sinking, so I put them in dirt, no signs of life yet. Losing confidence that they will sprout, but I may just be impatient... I'll try not to worry before the 10 day mark. I did order a few more seeds... I could have planted some of my random seeds, but I don't feel like gambling this year lol. I'll try to wait so I don't end up with more plants than I have time for... because they Texada's could all pop yet. I got them from BC Bud Depot... first time using their seeds and first with this strain. I'm just used to seeds being relatively quick and easy... but these are supposed to be tough, so maybe they need more time to germinate.

TSD

TSD

Well so far not off to a fantastic start. Not a single one of the Texada Time Warp germinated, guess that's 80 bucks down the drain. Maybe they take forever. Who knows... I was looking forward to trying that strain.
The Black Cherry Punch and Amnesia Lemon are a week since popping thier head's through the dirt... sad that seeds I've had stored for 2 years are growing and not one of the 12 new ones I just bought show any signs of life.
Dropped a white widow in to soak, might use her for the one gallon challenge I see floating around. Also soaking a Gorilla Glue auto, because fuck it, everything has already gone sideways, might as well try my luck with an auto. 🤷‍♀️
Here's my only two so far, week from pushing through the soil.
20220331 230126

TSD

TSD

Time for my weekly update. The Texada Time Warp seeds were complete duds. After several emails, calls, and much time on hold, I finally reached a human at BC Bud Depot, they are supposed to be sending me 12 new Texada seeds... but I'm not holding my breath or counting on what they send to do anything. I ordered a few more from Herbie's of various strains that should arrive soon, not sure I'll even start them this season at this point.
The Super Skunk was a dud, germinated, but never developed a root and the two tiny leaves just withered beneath the soil. Weird. Disappointed cause I do love that strain.
The Gorilla Glue Auto I chucked in is also doing nothing. I dunno, I've had all these seeds for a few years at this point so I guess I'm not shocked. It was a freebie so I won't shed a tear if it doesn't grow, I'm a noob as far as autos are concerned anyway.
The White Widow is 2 days old and looks ok so far.
The Amnesia Lemon and Black Cherry Punch are doing well. I watered them to saturation Tuesday, which was a week since thier last watering. I may introduce some light Veg nutes next week when they are thirsty, that will be week 3, we'll see if they are looking hungry then, they are a tad light in color, so I think they will be. I will be using Dutch Science Grow Baby Grow, I used thier line last year and was very happy with it.
Here are some pics of the babies that I took this morning.
20220407 101823
20220407 095339
20220407 095250
20220407 095348
20220407 095220

TSD

TSD

Thursday means it's time for my weekly grow diary update. I'll start with my biggest girls. They are 3 weeks from sprouting and looking pretty good. They were looking a little light in color so I figured I would start them on some half strength nutes, they got fed yesterday. It was 8 days since thier last watering, they probably could've been watered a day sooner honestly. They each took about a half liter before I got any drainage, they're in "1 gallon" pots, which are really 3/4 of a gallon, they are nice and saturated now, starting to be big enough to use more water. You can already see the leaves turning darker green after thier feed yesterday... They are not in Ocean Forest like the new ladies, just a mixture I made up of organic soil I had and perlite, plus my indent of neutral seed starter. I'm using Dutch Science Nutrients again this year because I was happy with them last year. Trying to decide if I want to top these girls, or just do LST, they will be going outside after all. There is only one of each strain, just a different view.
20220414 203651
20220414 203642
20220414 203715
20220414 203731

20220413 122817
20220413 122831
20220413 123120

I believe I set my White Widow back a bit, I think I forgot to make my little indent of neutral soil for her and put her directly into the ocean forest/perlite, the cotyledons started to yellow and I freaked out and transplanted her, which is fine, I'm using her for the one gallon challenge anyway and needed a slightly smaller pot... so silver lining I guess... normally I would NEVER transplant a 2 week old seedling, but she seems ok, just hasn't grown much this week, which is to be expected.
20220414 203850

I did receive replacement seeds from BCBUDDEPOT, 12 more Texada Time Warp. Put 4 in to germinate a few days ago, no signs of life from any of them yet either. I started a few more from my collection while I was waiting, so I now have a baby Super Silver Haze and Super Lemon Haze. I had them protected a bit from the LED side of the closet because I was afraid of burning them, but I apparently too well blocked because one has a bit of stretch happening, oh well, no big deal.
20220414 203814
20220414 203759

Well, I think that's all I have for today. I might head on over and update my White Widow on the one gallon thread. Peace Gromies. ✌️

TSD

TSD

Update day. Girls are looking good. Started some LST on the Amnesia Lemon and Black Cherry Punch, mostly out of boredom lol, might just let them pop back up, it will strengthen the stem if nothing else... they're going outside and I would like to keep them below the fence line if I can. I don't know that I want to top them. They are 28 days from sprout.
White Widow is 17 days old, but a little behind due to her early emergency transplant, but she's growing now.
The little gals, Super Lemon Haze and Super Silver Haze are 10 and 11 days old respectively, doing fine, Super Lemon is a little leggy but that's ok, she didn't like being near the fan, so we moved it. Picky bitches. Just holding it down till we can get outside... but we just got 3 inches of snow, so that's no time soon lol. Here's a family photo.
20220421 200223

sportyridr

sportyridr

Update day. Girls are looking good. Started some LST on the Amnesia Lemon and Black Cherry Punch, mostly out of boredom lol, might just let them pop back up, it will strengthen the stem if nothing else... they're going outside and I would like to keep them below the fence line if I can. I don't know that I want to top them. They are 28 days from sprout.
White Widow is 17 days old, but a little behind due to her early emergency transplant, but she's growing now.
The little gals, Super Lemon Haze and Super Silver Haze are 10 and 11 days old respectively, doing fine, Super Lemon is a little leggy but that's ok, she didn't like being near the fan, so we moved it. Picky bitches. Just holding it down till we can get outside... but we just got 3 inches of snow, so that's no time soon lol. Here's a family photo. View attachment 1238086

Coming along nicely...I'm in the northeast too, we got threeish inches as well, north about an hour or so they got 12" plus I heard on the NY Growers page...going to have to mow this coming week...typical lol...

Stuck inside growing for me, 1.8 miles to legal growing...wrong state lol...I have zero hope for my state to legalize anytime soon as the buffoons can't even look at each other without arguing lol. So I'll keep doing what I do. Would really like to start a small edibles biz but tough to grow really with such limited exposure and hiding under radar.

TSD

TSD

Coming along nicely...I'm in the northeast too, we got threeish inches as well, north about an hour or so they got 12" plus I heard on the NY Growers page...going to have to mow this coming week...typical lol...

Stuck inside growing for me, 1.8 miles to legal growing...wrong state lol...I have zero hope for my state to legalize anytime soon as the buffoons can't even look at each other without arguing lol. So I'll keep doing what I do. Would really like to start a small edibles biz but tough to grow really with such limited exposure and hiding under radar.
I too make some tasty treats, would make a good little business, but my state is still writing the laws and probably will take thier sweet time, so I just make them to share with friends. Need to create some healthier recipes, can't be smashing fudge daily and keep my figure. 🤣

TSD

TSD

Aqua man has great gummie recipe floating around here somewhere- I just put the extract straight into gel caps , no taste no calories! 🥹🤪
I made RSO and froze some little dots on wax paper, no taste as long as you're super fast lol... buying empty gelcaps would make it easier. like a tasty treat though. My latest was honey, makes for a nice evening cup of herbal tea. I haven't attempted gummies yet cause I'm not a huge fan of anything gummy... it's a texture thing lol. I tried some a friend made with his magic butter machine and they were God awful... I don't want to choke down bad tasting edibles, I like to enjoy them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua man has great gummie recipe floating around here somewhere- I just put the extract straight into gel caps , no taste no calories! 🥹🤪
125ml cold water
1/2 cup infused coconut oil
1 pack jello 80g
3 packs knox gelatine
3/4tsp sunflower lectin (SUPER IMPORTANT OR THEY WILL SEPERATE)

Mix lectin in into 125ml water (wont completely dissolve)

Bloom the gelatine in the water (will turn to a gelatine blob) for 5 min.

in a sauce pan heat the coconut oil and the jello (it will not color ir dissolve well)

the deop in the gelatine blod and wisk slowly (magic happens and color comes out and the mix will blend) 30-60 sec.

Then pour into molds within a minute or as fast as possible befor it sets.

place immediately into fridge to cool

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For better taste use fats that contain very little or no water like ghee (clarified butter, you can buy it or make it easily) coconut oil.

Water absorbs chlorophyl much easier than fats so you’ll get a clean looking and tasting product without it.

TSD

TSD

Caramel is another option for using infused butter .
F...ing snow here in NY has to end soon !
Yeah I've done caramel a few times, it's a pain in the ass and I'm a messy cook lol. I made some carrot cake type bars with infused coconut oil, they're not bad, but chocolate is always my favorite no matter what I try. The chocolate caramels were damn good and I can't replicate what I did exactly and it's annoying... stoner problems.

TSD

TSD

For better taste use fats that contain very little or no water like ghee (clarified butter, you can buy it or make it easily) coconut oil.

Water absorbs chlorophyl much easier than fats so you’ll get a clean looking and tasting product without it.
I always clarify my butter and add lecithin to my goodies... I have a magic butter machine so it makes life easier.

TSD

TSD

Ok so as per usual, I haven't been keeping up with my diary on here because my life is chaos... but I have been tracking everything in my book.
***Sings 🎶BooooOOOOK❗🎶 a la Winifred in Hocus Pocus.***
So let's have an update Shall we?
Last date I entered on here was April 21st, so I'll go from there.... with a little back tracking when needed.
I'll start with my 2 oldest ladies, Black Cherry Punch and Amnesia Lemon, they are 49 days old. We almost had an incident but I acted in time and they are bouncing back nicely.
April 13, they got half strength nutes, they were 3 weeks old.
April 18 (5 day dry out period) plain water. (Since I started caring about checking my water, ph is between 6.5 and 7, always below 7. I have strips and I got a soil PH meter just to make sure I'm in range.)
On April 23 (5 day dry out again) I fed them full nutes plus a dose of Cal/Mag. I feel like every time I fuck with Cal/Mag I fuck something up. They didn't look like they needed it, so I shouldn't have added it... but I did. If you've been following along, as I said, these 2 are in different soil, not Ocean Forest, just basic organic soil plus Perlite plus the spot of seed starter in the middle... so I thought they might need it.🤦‍♀️ Within a few days they started having brown spots here and there and sad looking leaves, I went into denial mode... told myself maybe they weren't drinking fast enough and were waterlogged... even though they completely dry out between waterings lol. So 5 days after getting too much shit cause I'm dumb, they look sad. I didn't take pictures because I went from denial mode to panic and fix it mode, as I do lol. 🤪
It's April 28 now, 5 days after getting full nutes plus full Cal/mag (WHY NOT HALF STRENGTH CaMg DUMB DUMB?) they're 5 weeks old and due for water, so I decide to transplant. I gently rinsed the roots with a combo of spraying and soaking before putting them in thier new 3 gallon pots full of ocean forest. No catastrophes like torn of roots or broken arms... amazingly... I'm not the gentlest of gardeners. They of course looked pissed for a couple days, but recovered quickly and started to bounce back.
LESSON LEARNED:
👏DO 👏NOT 👏GIVE 👏THE 👏LADIES 👏SHIT👏 THEY 👏ARE 👏NOT 🙂ASKING👏 FOR!!!👏❗❗❗
They had plain water again on May 4, 6 days after being transplanted. They've bounced back and are back to growing at this point.
On May 8 they both looked a little hungry from thier ordeal and recovery so I fed then about 3/4 strength Dutch Science Grow Girls Grow. (NO GODDAMN CaMg.)
We are starting the hardening off process these last couple weeks. They went out in the shade and filtered sun a few times before getting full sun, and of course I forgot them one day while I was tilling the garden and they stayed in full midday sun for a couple hours... which they were not ready for, so they got a bit of a sun burn, but a day inside off to the side of the led and they are fine. Poor girls, being abused by thier own mother. 🤣
By the beginning of this week, they were ready for more sun, they drank more and got plain water yesterday, May 10, only one day to dry out outdoors, getting big, drinking more. Going to apply some diatomaceous earth again today, have a few fungus gnats, but I've accepted them as inevitable, I have too many house plants to eradicate them completely, so I control the annoying fucks till we get outside.
Oh and I forgot to add I've even doing some LST here and there to get some more tops started, can't go hard with that till we're in the ground because I don't have room. Hoping to get them out the weekend of the 21st, weather permitting... there will be just over 15 hours of daylight then and my memorial day weekend is booked.
These pictures were taken this morning. Beautiful, unseasonably hot weather this week, so I'll try to keep them in slightly filtered sun during peak hours so they don't fry, we're just getting baby leaves on the trees, which is helpful. Speaking of which, I should go move them... I'll post about all the other ladies in a second entry to keep the older girls separated now that they've gone off the rails. 🤣
20220511 090945
20220511 090923
20220511 091207
20220511 091054

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I've done caramel a few times, it's a pain in the ass and I'm a messy cook lol. I made some carrot cake type bars with infused coconut oil, they're not bad, but chocolate is always my favorite no matter what I try. The chocolate caramels were damn good and I can't replicate what I did exactly and it's annoying... stoner problems.
Chocolates seem much easier than anything else I've found. I use coconut oil and once infused and strained I mix a bag or 2 of chocolate chips into the oil, blend together and pour into molds or ice cube trays & let harden in the fridge.

I start my wife on a large amount and work down ...lol.........Yesterday I made a batch and I gave her 2 table spoons of scrapings ( from around the molds )in the early afternoon.......she was out cold in 2 hrs....lol........1 table spoon at 8 pm gave her the same effect.......I guess its stronger than I thought...lol

1/2 - 45min hr to decarb
2 hrs to infuse oil in double boiler.....one pot inside another with boiling water in bottom pot
10min to strain & clean up
5 min to add choc chips and blend in double boiler & clean up
15 min to pour into molds refrigerate & clean up

TSD

TSD

Ok, so here's the rest of my update.
White Widow is 37 days old, currently in a one gallon pot for the one gallon challenge, we'll see if we stay there... I just can't bear to dee a plant suffer lol. Watered as follows:
April 23 full strength veg nutes, she looked hungry.
May 1st plain water after an 8 day dry period... I know that sounds like a lot, but her pot is thicker and has less holes than everyone else's.
May 5th plain water after 4 day dry period.
May 8th full veg nutes after 3 day dry period.
May 10th plain water after 2 day dry period. (Outside acclimatization)

20220511 091658

20220511 091637

Super Silver Haze and Super Lemon Haze are 30 and 31 days old. No issues with them thus far, other than fungus gnats. Watered as follows: April 22nd both plain water after a 7 day dry period.
April 29 watered SLH plain water, after a 7 day dry period.
April 30 watered SSH plain water after an 8 day dry period.
May 3 fed SLH 3/4 strength veg nutes (Dutch Science) after a 4 day dry period.
May 4th fed SSH 3/4 strength veg nutes after a 4 day dry period.
May 8th watered both SLH and SSH plain water after a 4 day dry period.
May 10 watered both after a day and a half ish dry period (outdoors hardening off, hot weather means they're thirsty girls.)

20220511 091514
20220511 091422
20220511 091600
20220511 091541

I've started some LST on all 3, basically just pulling them over at this point so the lower branches keep up with the tops somewhat.
I also have a Zookies that was a late start, she is 11 days old... been watered twice and is out in the shade today.
20220511 091803
20220511 091808

Well I thinks that's all for today folks, might not update again till we're outdoors! ☮️

TSD

TSD

So this morning Ms. Black Cherry Punch is no longer happy with her accommodations... Maybe she's found Jesus and is saying her morning prayers. 🤣 If she could talk she'd be saying:

"The fuck is this low rent poor excuse for the sun?! LED? Bitch please! Put me back outside, I need that flaming ball of hydrogen in my life!"☀️🌞☀️🌞
20220512 081350

We're in for another hot and sunny day so she will get her wish. One more week my girls, and you will be in your forever home and ready to take off like rockets. ☮️

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Caramel is another option for using infused butter .
F...ing snow here in NY has to end soon !
Typical NY weather lol, a foot of snow a few weeks ago, 74 yesterday and looks like today too haha, oh well at least I got the whole veggie garden in and all 10 new fruit trees and 8 new berry bushes in the ground 😂 who knows next week we’ll probably get another blizzard lol

TSD you got 2.5LBS off a WW outdoors up here in NY? Damnnnn, I’ll be following this grow for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom