Adirondack Garden Gal Making a Diary '22

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Typical NY weather lol, a foot of snow a few weeks ago, 74 yesterday and looks like today too haha, oh well at least I got the whole veggie garden in and all 10 new fruit trees and 8 new berry bushes in the ground 😂 who knows next week we’ll probably get another blizzard lol

TSD you got 2.5LBS off a WW outdoors up here in NY? Damnnnn, I’ll be following this grow for sure!
I sure did, started them in March last year, super soil, Dutch Science Nutes. I'm going to try to keep them more contained this grow, my husband about had a coronary last year. 🤣
I’ve planted carrots and potatoes, a bunch of sunflowers, bulbs, a few containers , mulched, and tilled my garden... off to buy vegetable seedlings today! Phew. Gardening is hard work!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I sure did, started them in March last year, super soil, Dutch Science Nutes. I'm going to try to keep them more contained this grow, my husband about had a coronary last year. 🤣
I’ve planted carrots and potatoes, a bunch of sunflowers, bulbs, a few containers , mulched, and tilled my garden... off to buy vegetable seedlings today! Phew. Gardening is hard work!
That’s awesome haha, here’s a quick backyard tour trees are 2x honey crisp apple, 2x dwarf peach, 2 red Alberta peach, 1 nectarine (all 3-4’ whips just planted all bareroot) first bed has 4x blueberry bushes / 4 raspberry bushes (also just all planted bareroot this morning) 2x zucchini in that 2nd bed , then garden has just about everything but I ran out of room, next year the wife and me want to double it lol, I gave away about 80 seedlings to my mother in law yesterday

Garden has
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Eggplant
Squash
Hot cherry peppers
Habaneros
Jalapenos
Hungarian hot wax peppers
Sweet banana peppers
Chocolate beauty bell peppers
Green bell peppers
Red bell peppers
String beans
Brussels sprouts
3x kinda of lettuce (2x direct sew 3 days ago so they stagger the leaf lettuce
3 kinds of radishes (direct sew some 40 day some 20 day)
4x types of tomatoes (40 plants gunna be lots of canning 😂)
Celery
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Broccoli

(Might be more I can’t remember 😂😂)

Front yard also has another nectarine tree and 2x “cocktail fruit” trees, they supposedly will grow 5 types of fruit simotaniously on the same tree…. So I had to get 2 of those just to see lol

Discription on eburgess.com where I ordered them says

Includes: Early Blue Plum, Garden State Nectarine, Contender Peach, Sure Crop Nectarine, Red June Plum, Moorpark Apricot.

TSD

TSD

That’s awesome haha, here’s a quick backyard tour trees are 2x honey crisp apple, 2x dwarf peach, 2 red Alberta peach, 1 nectarine (all 3-4’ whips just planted all bareroot) first bed has 4x blueberry bushes / 4 raspberry bushes (also just all planted bareroot this morning) 2x zucchini in that 2nd bed , then garden has just about everything but I ran out of room, next year the wife and me want to double it lol, I gave away about 80 seedlings to my mother in law yesterday

Garden has
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Eggplant
Squash
Hot cherry peppers
Habaneros
Jalapenos
Hungarian hot wax peppers
Sweet banana peppers
Chocolate beauty bell peppers
Green bell peppers
Red bell peppers
String beans
Brussels sprouts
3x kinda of lettuce (2x direct sew 3 days ago so they stagger the leaf lettuce
3 kinds of radishes (direct sew some 40 day some 20 day)
4x types of tomatoes (40 plants gunna be lots of canning 😂)
Celery
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Broccoli

(Might be more I can’t remember 😂😂)

Front yard also has another nectarine tree and 2x “cocktail fruit” trees, they supposedly will grow 5 types of fruit simotaniously on the same tree…. So I had to get 2 of those just to see lol

Discription on eburgess.com where I ordered them says

Includes: Early Blue Plum, Garden State Nectarine, Contender Peach, Sure Crop Nectarine, Red June Plum, Moorpark Apricot.
That's awesome, must be a bunch of fruits splices together. I still have to plant beans, tomatoes, broccoli, melons, cukes, peppers...oh and all my ladies. I have an apple tree but I never take care of the poor thing. Oh and about a bazillion flowers of various types lol.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I made RSO and froze some little dots on wax paper, no taste as long as you're super fast lol... buying empty gelcaps would make it easier. like a tasty treat though. My latest was honey, makes for a nice evening cup of herbal tea. I haven't attempted gummies yet cause I'm not a huge fan of anything gummy... it's a texture thing lol. I tried some a friend made with his magic butter machine and they were God awful... I don't want to choke down bad tasting edibles, I like to enjoy them.
I make some mango gummy’s that are pretty good. You can’t just eat one, lol.

Reactions: TSD
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That's awesome, must be a bunch of fruits splices together. I still have to plant beans, tomatoes, broccoli, melons, cukes, peppers...oh and all my ladies. I have an apple tree but I never take care of the poor thing. Oh and about a bazillion flowers of various types lol.
Yeah apple trees can be finicky too haha, gotta remember to have a 2nd tree (unless it’s a self pollinating variety) I tried to buy cherry trees but EVERYONE was sold out even online bare root trees, local greenhouses for some reason nobody has any, mabye next year lol. Yeah my daughter grows wildflowers all over the yard haha, and we planted 2,000 sunflower seeds in a front bed I’m not doing veggies in (I did sneak in 6 hot cherry pepper plants in The bed with all her wildflowers 😂😂

TSD

TSD

Well we've 4 out of 6 in the ground or pots, or pots in the ground. The 2 oldest ladies took the transplant without missing a beat, the younger hazes look a little worse for wear. The widow for the one gallon challenge is already asking to be transplanted, so I might have to bow out of that one, it's just not practical for me, too busy to babysit a one gallon outside in the heat. For now I'll post about the 2 older ladies, and once the hazes bounce back, I'll update them.
Black Cherry Punch is in a buried 7 gallon fabric pot full of Ocean Forest plus extra perlite. She went in the ground on a sunny morning, had a day of rain, and the following day I started training. Spread her apart and trimmed a few branches as well as the lowest couple growth sites on most branches.
20220518 090924
20220518 090945
20220520 090054

Amnesia Lemon had the same treatment, in the ground on a sunny morning, next day rain, third day training. She is in the ground, in the same spot I had my 3 tree forest last year, which I used super soil that I made.
20220520 090549
20220520 093934

Going to let them recover and grow a bit and then adjust everything. The hazes are too shook from transplanting just yet, probably train them down in a few days. Guess they're either more sensitive strains, or just not as hardy cause they're younger. Zookies and Widow are still in one gals, I think they overheated on the two 90 degree days we had, I have them in the shade, probably transplant both when they bounce back. I'm just abusing all my poor girls this year.

TSD

TSD

As usual, I'm slacking with my entries, so time for an update. The two oldest ladies, Black Cherry Punch and Amnesia Lemon, are looking good. I'm keeping up on my LST in preparation of putting up a scrog sometime in the near future. I've been trying to keep the first couple grow sites on each branch naked for future airflow purposes, but they just keep growing back... is there a trick for that? Here are pics I took today... BCP really isn't lime green, just shows that way on my camera for some reason.
20220606 171655
20220606 171610

White Widow was dropped from the one gallon challenge and put in the ground today, I did some LST at the same time because she is at my second location wich is about 15 miles away, so she'll get tended a couple times a week. She was already spread open, I mostly just redid the LST as it was started in the pot with a bit of defoliation of stuff in the dirt. She also keeps growing back all the sites I remove.
20220606 120513

The hazes were both a little pissy the whole time they were in thier fabric pots... I think I fed them and transplanted them into new soil too close together, so they got a bit of nute burn, and I believe they also are a bit more sensitive and could have used a little more hardening off before I put them out. Super Lemon Haze went in the ground in a 7 gallon fabric bot a couple weeks ago and is looking recovered now.
20220606 171547

Super Silver Haze stayed in her pot above ground cause I wasn't sure where she was going and she looked rough. I got mad one day at all the sad and sunburnt leaves and did a major haircut. She lived in partial shade for a week till she recovered. Today I put her in the ground without a pot next door to Amnesia Lemon and plan to scrog them together. She also keeps growing back everything I try to cut off, so I suppose she must be recovered as well. She's not as lime green as she looks in the pics... I don't know how to make my camera not do that lol.
20220606 171624

Zookies also got a little sunburn and stunted due to not hardening enough. She is at my second location as well, went in the ground today.
20220606 120331

Blueberry is a new addition, she's a clone I got from a friend, not sure her age, she's also at my second location. She got planted at a rather dramatic angle because she had not received any training so we're starting from scratch.
20220606 120456

So everyone is in thier home and now we just keep up with LST until it's time to put up the scrogs on the ones in my garden. The ones at the second location I'll probably just train with wire and pins for the duration. The 3 at my second location went directly in the ground, no pots, and there isn't a huge concern about keeping them under control. I've been doing a weekly preventative spray of loast coast plant therapy, haven't spotted any pest issues yet. Peace out till next time folks. ☮️

TSD

TSD

Good evening, quick update on the ladies in my garden. They've started a nice stretch, still keeping them spread out. Put up one scrog, mostly as a test, it will likely get adjusted. I'll put up the other 2 next week sometime. They'll be tall enough to start training through in a couple weeks I'd say.
They've had a few haircuts, spindly branches and low nodes, older fan leaves... they just keep getting bushier. I'll probably give them a good pruning when I start the scrog.
A few days ago everyone got top dressed with 2 tablespoons of bat guano, and last night they each got a gallon of Dutch Science Grow Girls Grow. I didn't take pics of the gals at my second location, but they got the same treatment and are growing nicely as well. They are loving the improvement in the weather this week.
20220615 171105
20220615 171114
20220615 171038
20220615 171007
20220615 170952

That's all for now folks. ☮️✌️🌬

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good evening, quick update on the ladies in my garden. They've started a nice stretch, still keeping them spread out. Put up one scrog, mostly as a test, it will likely get adjusted. I'll put up the other 2 next week sometime. They'll be tall enough to start training through in a couple weeks I'd say.
They've had a few haircuts, spindly branches and low nodes, older fan leaves... they just keep getting bushier. I'll probably give them a good pruning when I start the scrog.
A few days ago everyone got top dressed with 2 tablespoons of bat guano, and last night they each got a gallon of Dutch Science Grow Girls Grow. I didn't take pics of the gals at my second location, but they got the same treatment and are growing nicely as well. They are loving the improvement in the weather this week.
View attachment 1253878View attachment 1253879View attachment 1253880View attachment 1253881View attachment 1253882
Beauties

josefrahl

josefrahl

Man those girls are green. Don't get to see that pure color growing under colored lights inside.😍

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 1253878View attachment 1253879View attachment 1253880View attachment 1253881View attachment 1253882
Looking awesome!

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

My bad for the ignorance but why are you talking scrog on an outside grow? The plants look great let them go!!!

TSD

TSD

Man those girls are green. Don't get to see that pure color growing under colored lights inside.😍
They are very bright... my phone makes them look even more vibrant depending on the light outside... but they just gorged on food so they are actually quite green lol.

TSD

TSD

My bad for the ignorance but why are you talking scrog on an outside grow? The plants look great let them go!!!
Mostly to keep them incognito... and because I like to try new things every grow. Last year I had trees in the garden, pushing 7 feet tall and not much less across... my husband gets paranoid about them, even though I have a fence within a fence lol. My 3 at my second location will have free reign. I also fight bud rot every year, want to see if a scrog helps that at all, should at least make it easier to see all the buds... assuming I donit correctly lol. I might regret it and never do it again, time will tell. 🤷‍♀️

TSD

TSD

The garden gals are growing nicely. We had a haircut today in honor of the summer solstice, as well as a nice dose of DutchScience Bloom BabyBloom, 3/4 strength because they don't look overly hungry. We should be continuing with stretch mode followed by the beginning of flower once they realize the days are getting shorter.
Amnesia Lemon got the most pruning. She's just getting to where I currently have the scrog. I haven't committed yet because it's hard to tell how much they will stretch, I might want it even lower than it is.
20220622 083925
20220622 083947
20220622 084316
20220622 091350

Black Cherry Punch doesn't have a scrog up yet, but she got a bit of pruning, mostly downward pointing branches and new nodes, a few old fans .
20220622 083400
20220622 083535
20220622 083613
20220622 092940

Super Silver Haze has made a nice comeback, I pruned off mostly new nodes because we already lost quite a few fans when we got crispy in the sun.
20220622 084719
20220622 084648

Super Lemon Haze is also doing well, she got the same treatment as everyone else.
20220622 084847
20220622 084959
20220622 102830

I still haven't gotten pictures of my second location, will do that this week. Also plan to spray some lost coast therapy tonight as a preventative. I'll pop back in with the other gal's progress this week.

20220622 101855
TSD

TSD

Ok... it's been about a month since I updated this, because life got busy and hard, as usual. I've stopped keeping track of how old they all are and don't feel like figuring it out... they all got started in late March/Early April so they're all around 4 months from sprouting.
The 3 I scrogged are staying where they are because I neglected them too long and I'm not fucking them up by trying to space them anymore. This is Black Cherry Punch, her canopy is about 6 feet by 4 feet. She's been pruned several times and I've been trying to keep below the scrog clear, but she's very vigorous and likes to sprout new sprouts right away... hoping this will stop now that we're entering flower.
20220818 110022

20220818 105327
20220818 110056

These are the roommates, or scrogmates, Amnesia Lemon and Super Silver Haze. The combined canopy is about 7.5 feet by 4 feet.
20220818 104858

20220818 105052

This is Super Lemon Haze, I was going to scrog her, but I ran out of fence and never bought more, so she's half ass trained.
20220818 104719

We've switched to Dutch Science Bloom Baby Bloom formula, as well as a bit of Epsom salt and bat guano occasionally. Been spraying with Lost Coast plant therapy to keep the critters at bay... aphids have tried to move in, but they're under control. Hoping for a nice warm late summer and fall to keep the mold and mildew away.
I'll snap some pics of my second location next time I go to tend them.

TSD

TSD

Tended my second location this evening, none of them are trained because a low profile isn't a big concern there and I don't tend to them as often. Fed full strength bloom nutes plus a bit of Epsom then sprayed with Lost Coast plant therapy.
White Widow is bushy and doing well, just starting to form her buds.
20220819 184632
20220819 184651
20220819 185508

Blueberry looks like she wanted food a few days ago... maybe she needs more frequent feedings because she's a clone and doesn't have as big of a root structure as everyone else, they are all from seed. 🤷‍♀️ I gave her a foliar feed as well.
20220819 184703
20220819 185754

Zookies is trying to play catch up, she was about a month behind everyone else, my smallest plant but she has the biggest leaves!
20220819 190719
20220819 190727

These gals don't have many pest issues, just grasshoppers and stink bugs munching on the leaves.
20220819 184552

That's all for now folks. ☮️

TSD

TSD

We're in full on flower mode and enjoying yesterday's late day sun. No major issues yet, just the typical plethora of insects that want a taste... but we're keeping them at bay. Will grab pics of local #2 in a day or so.
20220901 183720
20220901 184123
20220901 183638
20220901 184039

20220901 183727
Last edited:
Top Bottom