Adirondack Garden Gal Making a Diary '22

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

I've heard this before that stress can bring out more trich's but the drying stress I give them costs me leaves every time. There must be a fine line between stress and death for the leaves. These fabric pots are causing me headaches drying out so fast and once they go dry everything hangs like they want to die. And that's just an over night dry out 2 days more at that point they'd be unrecoverable....
Nuttin personal but fickbthem fabric things ! Thru them all away and back to good old plastic nursery pots .

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I've heard this before that stress can bring out more trich's but the drying stress I give them costs me leaves every time. There must be a fine line between stress and death for the leaves. These fabric pots are causing me headaches drying out so fast and once they go dry everything hangs like they want to die. And that's just an over night dry out 2 days more at that point they'd be unrecoverable....
Think about cutting back on the perlite.

TSD

TSD

I was just doing my daily stoned garden wandering, and I got to thinking, my Black Cherry Punch needs a special shout out on my grow diary. She's about twice as big as all the other garden gals, she is the oldest and has the choicest spot in the garden, the spot that grew my 2.5+ pound White Widow Christmas tree last year, she had to be held up by rebar and wire she was so bud heavy. Here she (last year's widow) is... She was dubbed Big Mama.
20211011 222643
20211011 222544

Anyway, back to Black Cherry Punch and her special shout out... She will most likely be my biggest yielder, wich I'm good with because I enjoy the strain, great taste, smell and buzz... it's also a favorite of my old mountain men (my dad and his bestie) that I share my bounty with.
Here are a few different angles, I really should get the tape measure out, the scrog is like 4×8 and she's overflowing it on 3 sides.
20220904 131906
20220904 132908
20220904 132940

Here is the trunk and under the scrog, I planted her at an an angle on purpose to aid in spreading her out.
20220904 132450
20220904 132500

Here are a few bud pics, it just rained. She's bulking up the fastest out of all 7 of my girls and I think she may be the most bug resistant out of the bunch as well, except for maybe zookies, bugs don't like her either.
20220904 132858
20220904 132805
20220904 132822
20220904 132721

Fall is knocking, my big maple started changing at the tips a couple weeks ago, so the rest of the trees will start to change soon. Mama Maple is the harbinger of the changing seasons, consistently 3 weeks ahead of everything else every year. Keep on chugging my girls... we have 6 days of warm sunny weather on tap after these 2 dreary ones. 🌞☮️☀️

20220904 132517
TSD

TSD

Depends on Where you are growing. Plastic pots would melt around here.Your plants are beautiful!
Yeah any pot outside is more maintenance than in the ground because it drys out so fast with the wind and sun... I go adventuring too much to worry about daily watering like clockwork... they're much more forgiving with the watering in the ground. I've never used fabric indoors, they get started in nursery pots, but I have a feeling they probably work better inside.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wish I could grow in the ground. Too lazy. No backhoe. Took me the better part of a day to dig a hole big enough to bury a golden retriever in. With rock bars and shovel. Lol. And no drainage.

TSD

TSD

I wish I could grow in the ground. Too lazy. No backhoe. Took me the better part of a day to dig a hole big enough to bury a golden retriever in. With rock bars and shovel. Lol.
Yeah my soil is rocky af and sandy beneath the top soil, so my ass is out there with the shovel and iron bar as soon as the ground thaws preparing my holes... I dug 3 new ones and reused and recharged 4 this year. Once the initial digging is done it's not as back breaking lol. I think I'll be pulling rocks from my garden until I die or we move... goddamn ancient receding glaciers making my life hard. 🤣

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I tried digging a few two or 3 foot deep holes and fill them up with water. They would perk about 1 inch a day. Might as well be cement. L O L. If they drained I would probably give it a try. Around here it is always nice to be able to move your stuff if you have to. To deal with sun angles and such.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I wish I could grow in the ground. Too lazy. No backhoe. Took me the better part of a day to dig a hole big enough to bury a golden retriever in. With rock bars and shovel. Lol. And no drainage.
Fwiw post hole diggers are easier than using a shovel imo

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Nuttin personal but fickbthem fabric things ! Thru them all away and back to good old plastic nursery pots .
I like the way the roots grow in them. They grow in the soil and not around the inside of the pot up against the plastic. I don't get root wrapping either. Pain in the ass to water and transplant out of I have mixed feelings on them I might try a comparison grow with twins....Good idea...nice talk...I think I'll clone 2 GSC and put 1 in 5 gal plastic & 1 in 5 gal fabric.......just to see what if any differences I get....it'll have to wait another 2 weeks. to start the clones or I'll run out of space

TSD

TSD

I have a jacked up neck, shoulder, collar bone and scapula with nerve damage on my dominant side, the post hole digger does me no favors lol. I go for the jump on the shovel w all my weight and scoop with my good arm approach lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Okaaaaaaay, come up here and try that. boulders the size of small cars. you can see the Earths crust here, solid granite with a few inches to a few feet of top soil and growth. As the glaciers melted back they dragged and deposited boulders as they shrunk in size, They're are many places here where you can see scaring on the Earths crust from the dragging of the rocks. Digging here is okay until you hit a rock or root & rocks. It really sucks as you dig and find a rock then try and find its edges,,, after it gets over a couple of feet wide...time for a back hoe...lol

TSD

TSD

Good morning ladies! Thick dew this morning, but it's going to be 82 and sunny, so they'll be dry in no time. They get full sun all day, which right now is about 7:40 am when it pops up over the trees to the East, until about 7 pm when it ducks behind the trees to the west. They are fattening up rapidly during this hot streak... fingers crossed we get plenty more warm and sunny fall days!
20220909 080027
20220909 080008
20220909 075857

TSD

TSD

Couple night time shots of the garden gals. Will be tending site #2 and taking new pics of everyone this week sometime.
Black Cherry Punch
Received 1760629987621952

Super Silver Haze up front, Amnesia Lemon in back, Super Lemon Haze far back left, she's my straggler, might not finish.
Received 608075650780483

TSD

TSD

Here are some updated pics. I'd say I have a few that are gonna struggle to finish and may get chopped prematurely. Super Lemon Haze is flowering very slowly. Zookies is healthy, but also slow, she was very small when she went in the ground. Blueberry, the clone is sparse still. They probably could all easily go another 4 weeks, maybe more... which is asking a lot in these parts.

Zookies: looking a bit over fed, or should I say nitrogen heavy, even though I've fed her the least of everyone... this was a new spot, maybe its super fertile soil?
20220915 191250

Blueberry, the clone. Sparse and lanky, and never quite satisfied with what I feed her...she was very small to start as well.
20220915 190703

Super Lemon Haze... She's been difficult and a little unhappy for weeks. Just off color and behind, but she's a haze. The spot I put her hole (she's in a fabric pot filled w new soil) is surrounded by sand, so she's probably not able to branch out root wise much, and I think it shows in her growth.
20220915 133038

Black Cherry Punch got a decent haircut, I usually wouldn't heavily defoliate this late in flower, but I just got behind and she just wouldn't stop sprouting new growth. It had to happen for airflow. Most of it was inner and undergrowth, so it doesn't look too intense, but it was a decent amount.
Before,
20220914 112330

After, I spread out a bit using another stake. She probably needs at least 3 weeks.
20220915 131054
20220916 104947

20220914 134142

Amnesia Lemon (front) has some purple hairs going on, don't know if something is off, or if that's just the way she is... leaves look healthy. She probably needs another month plus as well.
20220916 104727
20220916 104837
20220916 104913

Super Silver Haze (left) is fattening up nicely and throwing out the trichomes, probably needs 2- 3 weeks ish.
20220915 154325
20220916 104622

And the view from beneath as I was under the SSH/AL scrog like a damn mechanic.
20220914 125052

White Widow also had a decent defol for airflow, she probably also needs a good 3 weeks ish
20220915 185334
20220915 185405

So that's where we're at... crunch time and playing Russian roulette with mother nature. Gonna spray the leaves at least once more with Lost coast and avoid most of the buds... mostly for PM as it's just begging to set up shop... and the few aphids and leaf hoppers still hanging about... I will wash after harvest anyway.
Mama did get a new toy for those dewy mornings and bouts of rain.
20220916 102801

I might construct a canopy, not sure yet, it was mostly just a hassle last year. Maybe I'll do an anti-rain dance and dabble in some light witchcraft instead lol. Good luck to all my fellow outdoor peeps, in the northern hemisphere especially, that are currently experiencing Marijuana crop related PTSD and anxiety. Good luck to us all! 🤣☮️🤷‍♀️

20220914 110437
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Whether they finish or not, I would like to commend you on your garden this year. Under control, easy to inspect and maintain, no ladders needed, and husband friendly! Nice job!

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom