Adirondack Garden Gal Making a Diary '22

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

I’m down in rotten-Chester NY and have already been fighting the WPM and bud rot, I wish you the best of luck, this latest NY weather sucks, over a 4.5” rainfall drought this summer my vegetables suffered horribly now the rain has come and my girls are in jeopardy🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

I’m down in rotten-Chester NY and have already been fighting the WPM and bud rot, I wish you the best of luck, this latest NY weather sucks, over a 4.5” rainfall drought this summer my vegetables suffered horribly now the rain has come and my girls are in jeopardy🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
I pretty much assume fall will be cold and damp. Now's about the time I start pricing tents on Amazon and ask myself why I insist on making my life harder... then I answer myself in a whisper "because you love outdoor" 🤣

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I grew up there. Born and raised in Caledonia. I miss it sometimes.

TSD

TSD

I'm about 200 miles Northeast-ish of Rochester... looking like days of rain ahead and I'm gonna need to re-up my Xanax script. 🤣

TSD

TSD

Well it poured all day. We went out and gave the girls a good shake and I snapped a few quick night flash shots. Hoping for a few breaks in the rain so I can blast them off with the leaf blower. Need to get over to location #2 asap too.
Black Cherry Punch
20220918 203849

Left: Super Silver Haze, right Amnesia Lemon
20220918 203714

20220918 203810

20220918 203702

The straggler, Super Lemon Haze
20220918 203758
Super Silver Haze left, Black Cherry Punch Right
20220918 203842
Rain Rain, go away, come back when my bud's put away. 🎵🌧🥺

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well it poured all day. We went out and gave the girls a good shake and I snapped a few quick night flash shots. Hoping for a few breaks in the rain so I can blast them off with the leaf blower. Need to get over to location #2 asap too.
Black Cherry Punch
View attachment 1283564
Left: Super Silver Haze, right Amnesia Lemon
View attachment 1283567
View attachment 1283565
View attachment 1283563
The straggler, Super Lemon HazeView attachment 1283568Super Silver Haze left, Black Cherry Punch Right
View attachment 1283566Rain Rain, go away, come back when my bud's put away. 🎵🌧🥺
Same here, 2500 Miles to the west of you. Good luck!

TSD

TSD

Well there was a break in the rain, my bougie bitches got thier daily blow out. Weather not looking great but we're looking good as of now so we'll keep on pushing. It's rainy, but not too cold, so that's a plus. I'll check the other ladies when it stops pouring.
Group shot
20220919 082112
20220919 082127
Super Silver Haze
20220919 082301
20220919 082320
Black Cherry Punch
20220919 082215

Need to get my harvest/ dry area set up and ready to go.

TSD

TSD

Question for anyone following along... Have you ever taken a plant out of the ground in flower and let it finish inside? I'm considering picking one that is behind and setting it up in the corner of my dry space, wich is the attic of my garage. I would dig around and plop it I to one of my 15 gallon fabric pots and try not to disturb the roots too much. She just needs more time than she's gonna get.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Question for anyone following along... Have you ever taken a plant out of the ground in flower and let it finish inside? I'm considering picking one that is behind and setting it up in the corner of my dry space, wich is the attic of my garage. I would dig around and plop it I to one of my 15 gallon fabric pots and try not to disturb the roots too much. She just needs more time than she's gonna get.
Bugs bugs bugs...anytime I've brought my plants in from the outside I've ended up with spider mites ......never again for me...it cost me a full run and months to get back in operation again......I had mine in large pots I didn't transparent out of soil but BUGS!!! like the indoor weather

I also think digging them up you'll not be able to do it gently and you'll put them into shock, 2 week recovery in flower isn't the best time for that to happen....I'd cover use osculating fans and hope for the best

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Bugs bugs bugs...anytime I've brought my plants in from the outside I've ended up with spider mites ......never again for me...it cost me a full run and months to get back in operation again......I had mine in large pots I didn't transparent out of soil but BUGS!!! like the indoor weather

I also think digging them up you'll not be able to do it gently and you'll put them into shock, 2 week recovery in flower isn't the best time for that to happen....I'd cover use osculating fans and hope for the best
Yeah, that's a factor, thry definitely aren't bug free, I keep them in check, but there's always some. I'll spray with a hose and use DE in the pot and on top. As far as shock, the one I want to do is in a 7 gallon fabric pot that's buried, the hole is in sand and rock, so I have a feeling she didn't spread out much away from the pot. I wanted to keep them from being monsters, I think she hasn't liked her location all along, she's been the problem child. Also, if it goes sideways, I'll just hang her up, and I have all my others, 4 of which are further along by quite a lot... so it's not an all my eggs in one basket experiment.
Super Lemon Haze. Aka: The Problem Child
20220919 104749
20220919 104631
20220919 104607
20220919 104400

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Go for it! Just another transplant. Got nothing to lose!
Sure the exact opposite of my suggestion...lol...Now you know for sure what to do...its one or the other.....or nothing...lol....good luck with them...they're beauties, be a shame to not het their full potential out of them.

TSD

TSD

I haven't had any spider mites yet, thank God, they'rethe worst... aphids, leafhoppers, Japanese beetles, stink bugs, grasshoppers, whiteflys, fungus gnats I'm sure, then the good guys, the spiders and ladybugs. Gotta work together if you're gonna do organic lol... accept keeping them at bay is the best you can do outside... that's why I wash my buds.

TSD

TSD

Sure the exact opposite of my suggestion...lol...Now you know for sure what to do...its one or the other.....or nothing...lol....good luck with them...they're beauties, be a shame to not het their full potential out of them.
I think a few will make it all the way with my help, but Amnesia Lemon is far behind, as is my zookies and Blueberry at my other local, but it is what it is.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Shoot! Maybe you can just dig the pot out and depending on what it looks like hose off the outside and move the whole kit and caboodle into the garage. And continue on.

Top Bottom