Adjust-A-Wing Knock OFF ?

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I see a lot of growers using vertical bulb arrangements on here. What I've yet to see is a grower using a decent reflector, VERTICALLY, to ensure that the output of the bulb is all directed towards a nearby plant instead of some useless direction, like into a corner or a wall. I wonder how much such an approach might help?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I went ahead & bought the real Adjust-A-Wings awhile back & let me tell you I have been to many large warhouse type grows, the Adjust-A-Wings are the best IMO hands down, run them 1000k with Eye Super HPS bulbs :character0035:

M

MMJQA

I know first hand that the quality of that spesific knock of is very high and there is actually no really difference but for marketing cost for the name brand with this itme.. I have seen the knock off as I know the importer of the product coming inot b.c. and beileve be its totally worth it and its a far more realistic price.. they work great.. and the picture doestn do it justice.. you will not be disapointed.. these are killer.... and priced to be great sellers..
zero quality boost with the name brand trust me..

hey man im from the lower mainland, can you lead me in the right direction locally to buy these reflectors. i was gonna order from china. this would be a lot easier.

thanks

M

MMJQA

i found a supplier that has the polished and these 2 styles but i dont know which one is the correct one.

altimood

altimood

After further research I found that knock offs do not disperse heat the same and have hot spots. Adjusta's also have a coating that others don't. German engineered baby. Good luck to you all. :sun

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

The dimpled finish will throw more light than the cobble stone. The smaller the dimple the better.

ttystikk

ttystikk

i found a supplier that has the polished and these 2 styles but i dont know which one is the correct one.

I just looked at my adjustawing and it looks most like the stuff in your top picture, not the cobblestone pattern.

If you can get highly polished ceramic coated material, let me know where you're sourcing it from, as I'd like to build a few more of these myself! I also want to buy stuff that has no roughened texture at all, just mirror finished- so I can part my hair in the reflection if I want. I got some plans for stuff like that...

prometh

prometh

If anyone is interested in getting the knockoff Adjust a Wings, I have a few for sale. I have a room full of real Adjust A Wings and have compared it side by side. These are completely the same except for the socket. The pattern is exactly the same. PM me if you're interested I'm looking for $100 each + shipping for the large size.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

If anyone is interested in getting the knockoff Adjust a Wings, I have a few for sale. I have a room full of real Adjust A Wings and have compared it side by side. These are completely the same except for the socket. The pattern is exactly the same. PM me if you're interested I'm looking for $100 each + shipping for the large size.

you really shouldnt be posting that unless youre looking to get banned. you have to be a vendor to advertise sales of anything here.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^ gotta pay to play huh big cheese,( futuremod) , but on the real im intrested in what dude is talkin bout.

Jus bout 2 beat up ass adjusta-wings frm a dude on craiglist yesterday, looks like he was feeding his family off the glass coated aluminium, dam these things was fucked up, but dam i love how these thimgs throw down a foot print an r adjustable!!! Ill proly upgrade to 2 new ones mxt roumd to add to the newer ones i already have but fuck that if i wanna pay 175 per, for some nice aluminum, i like the idea bout unpitted reflected material ttysk, was talkimg bout!!

Confu. Double parabolic, FTW!!!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

^^^ gotta pay to play huh big cheese,( futuremod) , but on the real im intrested in what dude is talkin bout.

Jus bout 2 beat up ass adjusta-wings frm a dude on craiglist yesterday, looks like he was feeding his family off the glass coated aluminium, dam these things was fucked up, but dam i love how these thimgs throw down a foot print an r adjustable!!! Ill proly upgrade to 2 new ones mxt roumd to add to the newer ones i already have but fuck that if i wanna pay 175 per, for some nice aluminum, i like the idea bout unpitted reflected material ttysk, was talkimg bout!!

get the real deals .. they work much better than the knock offs . most KO dont adjust . i wish i wasnt in a tent or thats what id run. for now i have to work with a magnum xxxl 8" which is good but cleaning glass lenses sucks

ttystikk

ttystikk

Jus bout 2 beat up ass adjusta-wings frm a dude on craiglist yesterday, looks like he was feeding his family off the glass coated aluminium, dam these things was fucked up, but dam i love how these thigs throw down a foot print an r adjustable!!! Ill proly upgrade to 2 new ones mxt roumd to add to the newer ones i already have but fuck that if i wanna pay 175 per, for some nice aluminum, i like the idea bout unpitted reflected material ttysk, was talkimg bout!!

I want the flat mirror polish stuff (still ceramic coated though) for another use besides reflectors. You see, I think people don't pay nearly enough attention to all that light leaving their growing area and I'm gonna use some of this stuff to make some 'bounce cards' and see if what's in my head makes any sense on the wall.

Top Bottom