Adjust-a-wing reflectors...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Actually heat is not an issue, and if you would have read the post it clearly says I'm looking at replacing existing shades, so they will fit. The three foot shades are actually just under 3.5 feet, so at 28 inches the AAW's are smaller. I was hoping to hear from anyone with experience using the AAW's this close together, I don't need to hear about whether or not you think its possible.

Arkham Genetics

Arkham Genetics

16 could be a smidgen overkill for your space, I use the AAW Enforcers (large) and in a 10x12 room 6 is all the light needed (1000w)

These things chuck light all over the place, but they do get hot in certain areas, the sides of the parabolic hood radiate heat and light down to your plants, so while directly under the bulb might feel fine, the sides are actually hotter and that shoots down like a heat gun on your plants.

I run them 2.5 feet over my canopy, dont use the super spreaders either - those are worthless.

I have also seen some guys modify an 8" cooltube to fit inside the wing, which is awesome.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

16 could be a smidgen overkill for your space, I use the AAW Enforcers (large) and in a 10x12 room 6 is all the light needed (1000w)

These things chuck light all over the place, but they do get hot in certain areas, the sides of the parabolic hood radiate heat and light down to your plants, so while directly under the bulb might feel fine, the sides are actually hotter and that shoots down like a heat gun on your plants.

I run them 2.5 feet over my canopy, dont use the super spreaders either - those are worthless.

I have also seen some guys modify an 8" cooltube to fit inside the wing, which is awesome.

Smidgen haha- yes it is lots. The reason being we have the room flipping with another larger room that has 16 lights as well. Ours will be no more than 2 feet from the canopy, which is farther than we have now. Luckily there is the majority of a 5 ton AC blowing in between that space, which is working quite nicely. I think we are going with the large ones using their narrow setting.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Right now I run a 4k flip flop so I have 8 Large A wings. My only complaint is the light isn't equally distributed. You actually get more light towards the ends. I think a study was done by Greners and the best reflector they found was the Luxor. I will be switching back to vertical barebulb soon....but if you are about to drop money into a reflector I would look at this....................

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Celtic if you don't mind, would you explain differences in your experience between vertical/horizontal bulbs, and the reason for switching back to vertical?

chadkush

chadkush

Id still take adjust a wings. By the ways you can have dual 600s. I dont knoe any other reflectors that can have dual 600s watt lights. Id keep em. Well you gonna sell them? Ill take em.

Arkham Genetics

Arkham Genetics

If you have the AC to do it, AAW's are great, just line up the edges on the wings to overlap the throws from the Parabolic reflector and the light print will be fine.

Using 16 of them, it wont matter which part of the reflector light comes from, your room is going to look like the top of the Luxor.

Think of them like an "X"

the ends of the AAWs throw light down and out, following the curve of the wing, so just have the wing lines intersect and your fully covered. :)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Celtic if you don't mind, would you explain differences in your experience between vertical/horizontal bulbs, and the reason for switching back to vertical?

My reasoning for going back to Vertical bare bulb is plant count mostly. With a 4k flip I can run 30 plants in each room and be under 99. Where as with 8k, which is what I am upgrading to soon, I would have to run like 60 plants per room, which would put me way over limit. I can run 15 plants with 8k and still hit my goals.

Granted I have to change the type of plant I grow as well when making this change. I primarily grow White Fire and Jedi Kush. I have a few different pheno's of each. With the Vertical bare bulb layout I will be switching over to my more indica dominant phenotypes. With the horizontal I have had a lot more success with my more sativa dominant pheno's. Granted these are all hybrids, Just my Sativa dominants have a LOT more stretch to themselves. My last run I had 6' plants.

Top Bottom