Advance Nutes Kushie Kush

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

just came across this.

specially designed for kush strains.

"Better yet, you're guaranteed at least 1 7 .7 3 % increase in bud weight, you'll be glad you use Kushie Kush to unleash your kush plants full genetic potential."

really? really, almost a 20% increase because its designed for kush strains? now surely the majority of kush strains will be so crossed, and genetically unless your rocking a pure indicaXindica, KushXkush strain this is useless??

I dont know, ive never used advance nutes, so maybe im being a bit harsh, just the logical head on my shoulders cant seem to figure out how this works to make just kushes bigger, i mean they are all cannabis sativa.

Its like if someone made a drink that made black people fatter, white people dance better, and asians tall..

what do ye think?
anyone using it?
anyone get a 20% increase ?
think i might grow 2 strains of the same plant side by side, use kush kush on one and see for myself

squiggly

squiggly

It's possible they isolated a true breeding gene common to all kush strains which codes a protein requiring a certain substrate to operate.

They definitely won't know down to the molecule what's happening--but it's certainly possible to thoroughly test a claim like this.

It's my understanding that advanced nutrients was founded by a bunch of very intelligent Ph.D experts in their own various fields--these would be exactly the type of people who could do such a thing. However--the question is how honest they're being/how honest the law requires them to be. (Which I'm pretty sure is not very on this particular point).

jagle

jagle

well i didnt know that AN were phd experts.

my concern is more, how much kush is in any kush strain? if you have a 50/50 kush/haze will it be useless? i dunno just maybe im too skeptical..

i mean, im of the opinion, canna, advance nutes, bio bizz which ever one you use will end up with similiar results?

jagle

jagle

eh op didnt post final yeilds, but his opinion and pics show no real difference

squiggly

squiggly

well i didnt know that AN were phd experts.

my concern is more, how much kush is in any kush strain? if you have a 50/50 kush/haze will it be useless? i dunno just maybe im too skeptical..

i mean, im of the opinion, canna, advance nutes, bio bizz which ever one you use will end up with similiar results?

Like i said, if they isolated a particular genetic sequence which is truebreeding (I.E. it is common among all kush strains/hybrids and conserved at a 100% ratio) and it was found under certain conditions plants with said gene performed better/worse then yes you could legitimately make a claim like this.

The scientist in me hopes that is what was done--and that they didn't just whip something up and call it kushie kush, also entirely possible. All I can say is based on some of the science AN has used in other products, it does seem to me they are doing some rigorous science in their R&D--however even rigorous science done by one group is hard to get right. That's why pharmaceuticals have such trouble--they don't share ideas and "crowdsource" the science.

That is and always been where the best science comes from--but it doesn't mean these guys are doing bad science. I'd probably give this claim some credence pending a further inquiry into what's at play.

jagle

jagle

Cheers squiggly. starting to think your a ph.d too by the way you talk haha.

i think personal testing with the strain your growing is the only way to know if kushie kush is for you

dankworth

dankworth

No one has addressed just what the NPK ratio of kushie kush is.
Or what base nutes it is intended to be used with.
Or the ideal nute ratio of base + kushie kush.
Nute ratios should revolve around medium used
And whether or not we recirculate.
And to a lesser extent, environmental conditions and heritage(more K for higher temps, less N for sativa doms at certain points for example)

If AN really had 5 PhD's working on their shit, they would have stopped reformulating everything years ago.

Kushie Kush is a marketing ploy. Do not be fooled. It does not have a good cost/benefit ratio.

squiggly

squiggly

If AN really had 5 PhD's working on their shit, they would have stopped reformulating everything years ago.

This assumes they would've "completed" the science.

Having the complete science of something down would be awesome.

One problem, there is no such thing as complete science. I argue that with 5 Ph.Ds in charge you should expect to see more changes than by any other company--especially with regard to formulation.

Scientists react to results--they change parameters. They don't just leave everything static and let the results of one experiment and one assay speak to their whole body of work.

Edit:

For the record I do not use any AN products.

jagle

jagle

No one has addressed just what the NPK ratio of kushie kush is.
Or what base nutes it is intended to be used with.
Or the ideal nute ratio of base + kushie kush.
Nute ratios should revolve around medium used
And whether or not we recirculate.
And to a lesser extent, environmental conditions and heritage(more K for higher temps, less N for sativa doms at certain points for example)

Kushie Kush is a marketing ploy. Do not be fooled. It does not have a good cost/benefit ratio.

1. NPK 1-3-8
2. Base nutes, i dont know, i imagine to be used with something else from AN and im sure they could advise.
3. again ratio supplied by AN if possible.
4. Indeed and the plants useage of the nutes over time, all these factors are in play everytime we grow. not just kushie kush, any grower should be, and inheriently is monitoring these.

Again, i have to argue that if they have scientists working for them of course things will change, we are only finding out new things about how water behaves, how chemicals might interact. if anything companies should be changing formula every year.

anyway more info on kushie kushs ingredients and also a feeding schedule

squiggly

squiggly

If anything companies should be changing formula every year.

So true.

If anything, I think you will find that ultimately AN wins out (even if it takes a long time) due to this methodology.

S

stonedinthe902

maybe its formulated simply to give 'kushier' feeling buds to the typically denser feeling buds of an indica strain? however, this would mean it's not really formulated for a specific strain, as much as it is designed to have an effect on shape or the texture of the finished bud... really though i have no idea, i'm just guessing based on that the grows i've seen online with people using it the buds seemed more airy and cooshie feeling. i've never used it, and i don't personally know anyone who has.

greenleaf has an inexpensive powedered equivelant that might be of interest to anyone hell-bent on trying out kushie kush.

squarepusher

squarepusher

It's possible they isolated a true breeding gene common to all kush strains which codes a protein requiring a certain substrate to operate.

They definitely won't know down to the molecule what's happening--but it's certainly possible to thoroughly test a claim like this.

It's my understanding that advanced nutrients was founded by a bunch of very intelligent Ph.D experts in their own various fields--these would be exactly the type of people who could do such a thing. However--the question is how honest they're being/how honest the law requires them to be. (Which I'm pretty sure is not very on this particular point).

haha, Big Mike a Ph.D expert in a scientific field? :D:D

squiggly

squiggly

haha, Big Mike a Ph.D expert in a scientific field? :D:D

Like I said its my understanding they've got some pretty legit dudes calling the shots in R&D. Don't know the details, but I can say some of the methodologies they use/explain seem to support that.

It is definitely just a guess though, presumably botanicare employs quite a few PhDs also. It was just my understanding that there was a good core group that was well known in agro science at AN.

Know an agro science dude who named a few of them off and had a lot of great things to say about them--seemed to know what he was talking about but you never know.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

if anything companies should be changing formula every year.

So true.

If anything, I think you will find that ultimately AN wins out (even if it takes a long time) due to this methodology.

This methodology is failure because AN is doing it. Let's assume AN is the nute that you just perfected to grow the best grow you ever grew. Then you go to the hydro store to buy some more of whatever you ran out of, but surprise! they reformulated stuff on you so now you'll use it and even if it were better you might use it wrong in conjunction w/ your old AN nutes. this is supposed to happen to you every year?

They have PHD's to reformulate nutes? does it really take a PHD to put more water in a product such as the barricade(potassium silicate) and now it's magically reformulated to rhino skin diluting w/ water is reformulating? Taking good things out of nutes that worked great and people like then putting it in other bottles so there customers have to buy more bottles is good? and these things take a PHD to do? sounds more like a PHD in business/marketing/gouging to me.

Not trying to offend you, this is just my opinion based on there past business practices. With that said, I'd still be interested in seeing a nice side by side.

dankworth

dankworth

Fuck AN, alright?
Cannabis plants have had the same requirements, depending on heritage and medium, this whole time.

This whole time.

These needs have not changed.

AN never makes a product have greater value.
Always less.

They started by duplicating GH's 3-part, stuff from Supernatural, Rambridge's blossom booster, etc.

Their 3- part was slightly cheaper than GH and 20% stronger in 05. So a better value.

Dude the hydro industry for ferts only exists because of suckers.

We all take our turns being the sucker.

My turn ended a long time ago.

Everything one needs to know about this subject has been here on this site.

Keep digging.

Yes jug nutes are necessary for many.

But some have really shitty value.

Edit-AN's products get flagged in OR all the time because of lying about formulation on the labels. It is all there on the OR dept of ag site. Don't take my word for it.

How the fuck do you mess up measuring salts and pouring them into water?
Ask AN.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey dankworth thanks again for the info, I guess a PHD doesn't help them keep from fucking up adding salts to water, lol. either that or the company is just shady and trying to get as much out of us as possible whilst giving us the least. says I can't give you no more rep w/o spreading it out...

Top Bottom