advanced hydro tec

• Thread starter moloko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moloko

Hello fellow lumberjacks, I am looking for some help/information on good tricks or tips to outperform myself with hydroponics. I am interested in running amendments with my nutes and was wondering about benificials, enzymes, & anything else I am missing/forgetting. What works for you best?

IndaVI

IndaVI

Hello fellow lumberjacks, I am looking for some help/information on good tricks or tips to outperform myself with hydroponics. I am interested in running amendments with my nutes and was wondering about benificials, enzymes, & anything else I am missing/forgetting. What works for you best?
Take control of your resivoir temps and add bennies

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Keep your rez temps low and you won't have issues with root rot. Feed until chop.

YS

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

What kind of media and nutes are you running brother?

IndaVI

IndaVI

I built a rdwc out of 27 gallon totes from hd. 2 totes connected with 2" PVC and uniseals . 6' hercules pots(4 in each tote) although 2 have no plants, pots are filled with coco rox by botanicare, using advanced ph perfect line.... Cause they sent me a bunch free! Always used gh flora series in the past for hydro. Fox farm for soil... Ro water and I add a little cal mag

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

I built a rdwc out of 27 gallon totes from hd. 2 totes connected with 2" PVC and uniseals . 6' hercules pots(4 in each tote) although 2 have no plants, pots are filled with coco rox by botanicare, using advanced ph perfect line.... Cause they sent me a bunch free! Always used gh flora series in the past for hydro. Fox farm for soil... Ro water and I add a little cal mag
I have run a similar set up, years ago. Interestingly enough botanicares coco rox is the media mixture I've run since 08 and I love it! I call it "the mixture" though, because I've always made it. In fact, Ive advocated its benefits to my buddies who own the grow shop I go to (the owner is a contributor to Max Yield mag)and when people went in and grabbed both (coco crutons and hydrolite) they always said "oh you know so and so, hes the only one who uses that shit". that said, in RDWC I would run straight hydrolite. Thicker stems, longer petioles, bigger leaves. Not a fan of advanced. I'd invest in more flora series. But beneficial biological activity might be great, if done right, and you keep clean. A seaweed extract or marine plant extract like synergy, nitrozyme, or liquid karma with a Lil molasses (not too much) would Def kick it up a notch! Clean between res changes, like normal.

If you're up for a change, consider 3gal or 5gal containers full of the mixture, automated irrigation, top fed with 1/4 in tubes held in the pots with tube stakes, 1/4" tubes come off a 1" irrigation piping from the pump, in a low profile reservoir, over which you build a table from 2x4s and make or set trays (on the table you built) that drain back in the res. There are low profile 100gal reservoirs that are like 15" inches tall that can handle two 1k lights (2 trays). With a 2x4 on top it's like 19" off the ground so you loose a Lil headroom.

When I did the Rdwc it was a lot of work. I had good results but I didn't like it(the grow). I used flora series also. With hygrozyme and diamond nectar (which was new! At the time) and liquid karma (this was before pure blend"pro" when they only had pure blend, which was a static tea)... It was good. But the grow sucked. To me. I switched to "soil". I just dink around a lot.
But yea, run straight hydrolite, or dyna rokII, or maidenwell (medium grain). Make sure your aerobic tea is well strained and add 24 hours, a day or so, after you fill the res. I'd add 1/4 cup or less of high brix molasses per 5gal of nutrient solution.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

I have run a similar set up, years ago. Interestingly enough botanicares coco rox is the media mixture I've run since 08 and I love it! I call it "the mixture" though, because I've always made it. In fact, Ive advocated its benefits to my buddies who own the grow shop I go to (the owner is a contributor to Max Yield mag)and when people went in and grabbed both (coco crutons and hydrolite) they always said "oh you know so and so, hes the only one who uses that shit". that said, in RDWC I would run straight hydrolite. Thicker stems, longer petioles, bigger leaves. Not a fan of advanced. I'd invest in more flora series. But beneficial biological activity might be great, if done right, and you keep clean. A seaweed extract or marine plant extract like synergy, nitrozyme, or liquid karma with a Lil molasses (not too much) would Def kick it up a notch! Clean between res changes, like normal.

If you're up for a change, consider 3gal or 5gal containers full of the mixture, automated irrigation, top fed with 1/4 in tubes held in the pots with tube stakes, 1/4" tubes come off a 1" irrigation piping from the pump, in a low profile reservoir, over which you build a table from 2x4s and make or set trays (on the table you built) that drain back in the res. There are low profile 100gal reservoirs that are like 15" inches tall that can handle two 1k lights (2 trays). With a 2x4 on top it's like 19" off the ground so you loose a Lil headroom.

When I did the Rdwc it was a lot of work. I had good results but I didn't like it(the grow). I used flora series also. With hygrozyme and diamond nectar (which was new! At the time) and liquid karma (this was before pure blend"pro" when they only had pure blend, which was a static tea)... It was good. But the grow sucked. To me. I switched to "soil". I just dink around a lot.
But yea, run straight hydrolite, or dyna rokII, or maidenwell (medium grain). Make sure your aerobic tea is well strained and add 24 hours, a day or so, after you fill the res. I'd add 1/4 cup or less of high brix molasses per 5gal of nutrient solution.
It's not hydrolite i use, it's hygromite... I believe that they are Different. Try getting hygromite or dynarokII AND RUN STRAIGHT... Killing the game. And maybe it is hydrozyme not hygrozyme... Shit

IndaVI

IndaVI

I agree with the nutes... I had tremendous success with simple dwc no chiller, gh flora series nutes ran that for about 2 tears with no changes killing it.... I think it was my water supply wad just that clean and the concrete floor kept the res just cool enough using expanded clay pellets.... Moved and was beset

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

I agree with the nutes... I had tremendous success with simple dwc no chiller, gh flora series nutes ran that for about 2 tears with no changes killing it.... I think it was my water supply wad just that clean and the concrete floor kept the res just cool enough using expanded clay pellets.... Moved and was beset

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

Hella! Basement ops always seem to be perfect temp. And low key, if you keep smell under control.

IndaVI

IndaVI

With root disease. I now have a chiller. Ro water Roots look awesome but the plants are much smaller... I'll definatly try strait silica rocks next

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

The enzymes in hygrozyme eat up sloughed off root hairs and dead root areas where pathogens can colonize the root. You can run H2O2 with it as well. If sterile is the root you want to take. All puns intended. OR you could run Nature's solution(compost tea)... I usually try to advise within what someone is using.

Top Bottom