Advanced Nutes MelonHead8 Reflector Info

• Thread starter Dubsta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubsta

anyone use this reflector? seems like a killer hood for $135, im about to pick up 4 of them and a 8 or 12in fan to cool them.

squarepusher

squarepusher

looks interesting , where are you picking them up? I like how they have cooltube type design, they say it has more efficiency than the flat glass hood type.

D

Dubsta

looks interesting , where are you picking them up? I like how they have cooltube type design, they say it has more efficiency than the flat glass hood type.

I'm really surprised i havn't seen these hoods more. There way more effiecent then a normal air cooled hood, witch is what we are looking for. And $135 each plus $9.95 shipping its hard to beat. I'm surprised i haven't seen anyone here running them. I'd kill to find one of these the size of the magnum reflectors w/ the cool tube type design. Id love to see a side by side and see the room temps they put out. I'll try to do this with my one air cooled reflector. Run them in a room for 24 hours, try to find a day where the temps will be the same. I have one aircooled reflector i could do this experiment with but its not the best a pretty small. i think the melon head will still cool it way better by a long shot and its one of the smallest air cooled reflectors they make to.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Garden of dreams setup a room with em. 6400k build thread. He may have more info. They look good and love the price. Looks like the light has to go through 2 sets of glass.

I wonder how the socket is designed/bulb is held.Hopefully that is solid.

Aligee

Aligee

ya GoD is a AN distributor!!! online i found them @ greners dotcom im still on the fence id like to do a scrog with a pair of these im surprised ive not seen more peeps rocking these!!! price is good these could easily retail for a few hundred!!!

Aligee

Aligee

134.10$ + shipping+tax @ greners.com only retailer ive seen sale em' online!!!

D

Dubsta

I'm putting in an order for 4 of these hoods. I'm going to do a few side by side test with different reflectors. I'll use different hoods and run them for 24 hours in a room and document the room temps and actual temp of the hood. I'm picking up a lumen meter to see how much lumen loss is actually lost from the cool tubes witch i believe if anything will be like 2-5% lumen loss max that will be made up for by far by being able to keep the lights way closer to the plants. And the socket that holds the bulb in these hoods is the best air cooled socket I've seen. They make it as small as possible and it looks really efficient, so we will see.

F

fasteddy0

anyone know the MSRP on those suckers?

MSRP is actually 149 on these.

Also to answer the other question, on why they are not around more is the fact that they have only been out for a few months. I know several people who have them in their rooms and really like them.

I

ibTheMan

Wow, thats a great price and thats the nicest air cooled reflector that aint 2.5ft x 3.5ft big(xxxl's lol) ive ever seen, these are go n to blow up.

A

antimatter

That thing is a cooltube in a cheap reflector with a sticker on it in a fancy box your gonna be loosing light just like a regular cooltube it doesn't matter much that the cooltube is in a hood the light is still reflecting through the same glass and back again and again... Even read a couple reviews on them there cheaply made. Regular air cooled hoods like the radiants/magnums/blockbusters/super sun 2's etc. run cool enough already. If your plants are to close to the glass your not gonna get the footprint you want so there is no point running tubes. If you run hoods without glass no aircooling your 2 steps ahead.

Bigger Ac/more powerful exhaust fans > light passing through glass/cleaning glass

Latest posts

Top Bottom