Advanced Nutrients Are Super Pricey

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I decided to try out Advanced Nutrients 3-part PH Perfect this time. I was impressed that not only does it maintain ph but it allows the absorption of nutrients in a wide range of ph values as well.

I am very happy with the PH balancing effect and has worked as advertised. At first I went with a very low dose like with other nutes. Unfortunately I ended up with a shit load of deficiencies because of this. I believe that because it's meant for cannabis unlike most other nutrients it's also meant to be used at full strength?

Little did I understand that at full strength you're using half of a bottle which is a full litter! You're supposed to use 4ml per liter which for 30 gallons is 480ml. That comes out to half a bottle and you're supposed to change it weekly. That is some seriously crazy expensive shit. That comes out to 25 bucks every two weeks. Am I missing something here or is this ad crazy as it seem?

For anyone using Advanced Nutrients 3-part ph perfect. Have you tried changing your solution on a monthly basis? If you have attempted this did you have a positive outcome. I know many people who do this with other nutes but they are all different.

Northernpop

Northernpop

AN is good but expensive. Having said that, if you grow organically you can feed with compost tea (ACT) for pennies and not really worry about the Ph. I'm using ionic soil ATM by growth technology, and it's ph stable, organic, relatively cheap, and contains many micro nutrients etc..

I'd certainly look into ACT though. You can adjust the ingredients to produce various NPK ratios for different plant stages.

Happy growing !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

An is the most expensive line iv seen.i doubt its the best nutes line out there though.

....and they package most nutrients / amendments individually, which costs even more. AN juices are good, but voodoo and piranha juice etc.. is similar to mykos or biosis, and even garden centre stores sell mycorrhizal products fairly cheaply.

Research is the way to shop wisely. Feeds can be very cheap.

Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

Yes they are. Thankfully I'm only doing a small farm of 12 plants but I went with AN Sensi line because I've seen results. There has to be cheaper better nutes but I just haven't found them yet.

Root53

Root53

Not with us. We are a small operattion located in northern ontario primary business is our worm farm Radley Hill Worm Farm. We use the casting as a base ingredent were we design advanced micro dusts and performance nutrients. Our products generally half the price and out preform. We are new to the industry but turning heads

H

hawkman

Have use the line some time 3 yrs - with good results - Now use Humbolt County Own line and must say have has
had better essential oil and tepene development and also great/better yields -5 + years

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Not with us. We are a small operattion located in northern ontario primary business is our worm farm Radley Hill Worm Farm. We use the casting as a base ingredent were we design advanced micro dusts and performance nutrients. Our products generally half the price and out preform. We are new to the industry but turning heads
Nice..But where do we read about your products and not be rude to the vendors here? TIA

Root53

Root53

Growboss Says: "NPK is all the same shit"

Powder nutrients for the win!
No thats ridiculous but so is using Fertilizer Its a pain in the ass. You can burn you plants and you yeild is small. Everyone wants that huge monster of a plant so you go to shop and drop a shit load of money on products that ridiculous cartoon labels promising you their product will grow a monster only to experence a headach. And your plant after you flush it out. You try to trick yourself into thinking it wirked. But you know

H

hawkman

No thats ridiculous but so is using Fertilizer Its a pain in the ass. You can burn you plants and you yeild is small. Everyone wants that huge monster of a plant so you go to shop and drop a shit load of money on products that ridiculous cartoon labels promising you their product will grow a monster only to experence a headach. And your plant after you flush it out. You try to trick yourself into thinking it wirked. But you know
agree !!! need to "flush'/ "clean" for at least two weeks and even do a week flush when switching from veg to flower

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Advanced nutrients are great for beginners whos pockets are weighing them down. Why didn't they name it Beginner Nutrients? Oh that's right. It only sells because beginners think pros use it.

I love seeing the laundry lists of AN products uses on a bud that you couldn't identify for a million bucks. Youd think quality nutes would bring out the strain aromas, not mask them.

Maybe the only reason I hate these companies is because growers around here use full strength til harvest. But that's ANs recommendation I'm sure, so fuck em. You could smell and taste when the Budcandy formula changed years back. Lol.. Joke weed. Fuck any company selling scented honey water harvest dip.

H

hawkman

Advanced nutrients are great for beginners whos pockets are weighing them down. Why didn't they name it Beginner Nutrients? Oh that's right. It only sells because beginners think pros use it.

I love seeing the laundry lists of AN products uses on a bud that you couldn't identify for a million bucks. Youd think quality nutes would bring out the strain aromas, not mask them.

Maybe the only reason I hate these companies is because growers around here use full strength til harvest. But that's ANs recommendation I'm sure, so fuck em. You could smell and taste when the Budcandy formula changed years back. Lol.. Joke weed. Fuck any company selling scented honey water harvest dip.
just think if one used the whole line it would probably kill you or make you sick . I'll tell you HCO's (Humboldt County Own) line is killer and does work very well was developed in Humboldt some 10 years ago- not to be confused with Humboldts nutrients

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

worst weed i ever smoked was by a several year grower following direction using the whole line of a.n. . Stepped up his game so much i could not smoke it . yep grew out a bunch of bubba and o.g. and you could not recognize the bud what so ever ! Took all expresion and high away.....no way would have been good with a month flush .lol. Glad you had good luck.

H

hawkman

worst weed i ever smoked was by a several year grower following direction using the whole line of a.n. . Stepped up his game so much i could not smoke it . yep grew out a bunch of bubba and o.g. and you could not recognize the bud what so ever ! Took all expresion and high away.....no way would have been good with a month flush .lol. Glad you had good luck.
used their 3 part (micro, grow, bloom) Rhino skin, b-52- faxtor-X , bud ignator, Bloodd Bud , Big Bud Liquid carbo-load & cal-mag gave ok results I think ? had taste issues never no essential oil, terpens smell - The only one I would use today would be Big Bud this was many years ago (they got me) some good tea's "Super Tea" & "Budswell" and for rooting Great White (there is a new product by them called "Myco-chum" - going to get some" and Extreme Gardening.com for rooting products if you like Great white your use this stuff all- so (sample pack $15.00 total - you will not regret it) Peace

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

right on . i made a tea with white shark , mollasas and ewc and the plants responded well . . i used minimal amounts. Just a couple pours or so. Havnt finished yet though dont know what theyll be like as far a as flavor and smoothness. They have a nice color though ! I dont want any change in expression of the plant but i was trying to hulk up the branches like hydro does so i can run more mainline tops without getting weak stragglers. I just had some left over from hydro attemp. lol . Ive never liked using pk boosters , i just keep it simple myself ..

H

hawkman

right on . i made a tea with white shark , mollasas and ewc and the plants responded well . . i used minimal amounts. Just a couple pours or so. Havnt finished yet though dont know what theyll be like as far a as flavor and smoothness. They have a nice color though ! I dont want any change in expression of the plant but i was trying to hulk up the branches like hydro does so i can run more mainline tops without getting weak stragglers. I just had some left over from hydro attemp. lol . Ive never liked using pk boosters , i just keep it simple myself ..
the new "myco-chum has mollasas - so one could just use these two products only thru entire go !!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That statement is a bit broad but mostly true. Micro nutes have much more variation from source and chelation.

What you are saying is from over or improper fertilization. You have to read the plants and only supply what they need. And for potting soil type Grows we feed the soil not the plant directly.

If it is done right you can’t tell what medium or style or products were used.

Top Bottom