Advanced Nutrients | Bought up to the "Expert" bundle

• Thread starter Cryo7c1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cryo7c1

I know they cost more than other nutes. However, I've tried Fox Farm and Dyna Gro and honestly I have no idea why people are impressed with either.

So I decided to just spend the money and try some of the AN line up. Has anyone used the entire system before? It's so expensive I would be surprised.

I paid $247 for :
(1L) Sensi Grow AB
(2L) Connoisseur AB
(1L) B-52
(1L) Voodoo Juice
(1L) Big Bud Liquid
(1L) Overdrive
(1L) Bud Candy

The website had every 4th item as free so I will order Final Phase from Amazon since the 4th item free is always the cheapest in the cart. I'll get around that by ordering the cheaper items from Amazon for 12 bucks (final phase is cheap).

I already have a 250 ML bottle of Piranha.

Does anyone have any experience with AN? Did I get the important stuff? Even though it's a lot more $ than the other nutes I've bought in the past I shopped around and $247 shipped for all that above seemed like a good deal (browsed a dozen websites).

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I know they cost more than other nutes. However, I've tried Fox Farm and Dyna Gro and honestly I have no idea why people are impressed with either.

So I decided to just spend the money and try some of the AN line up. Has anyone used the entire system before? It's so expensive I would be surprised.

I paid $247 for :
(1L) Sensi Grow AB
(2L) Connoisseur AB
(1L) B-52
(1L) Voodoo Juice
(1L) Big Bud Liquid
(1L) Overdrive
(1L) Bud Candy

The website had every 4th item as free so I will order Final Phase from Amazon since the 4th item free is always the cheapest in the cart. I'll get around that by ordering the cheaper items from Amazon for 12 bucks (final phase is cheap).

Does anyone have any experience with AN? Did I get the important stuff? Even though it's a lot more $ than the other nutes I've bought in the past I shopped around and $247 shipped for all that above seemed like a good deal (browsed a dozen websites).
Hey Cryo,

In all honesty, you can put a few hours into researching dry salts and save yourself a TON of money and never have to worry about if companies like AN are ACTUALLY maintaining consistency.

I'm a firm believer that all nutrient companies are offering the same products, it's just all different labels and additives to throw off the customer. That being said I feel strongly that AN is at the bottom of that list. The owners are always getting linked to illegal activity and their products are inconsistent. Save your money and do your homework/ask some questions, their are MUCH better alternatives that wont leave you wondering if you got a 'good price'.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I paid $247 for :
(1L) Sensi Grow AB
(2L) Connoisseur AB
(1L) B-52
(1L) Voodoo Juice
(1L) Big Bud Liquid
(1L) Overdrive
(1L) Bud Candy

I have experience with AN ....I used to use synthetics and when I did I used all AN organic and synthetic from hammerhead to bigbud to Organic-B to B-52 all benneficials I mean the whole shelf

What medium ? Wattage? Co2? Sealed? Do you have. A ph and ppm meter
What's your water situation?

Peace

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

look at kelp4less nutrients put the money you save into some hardware upgrades. also you won't have a sore butt any more. lol

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've had such good success with products that aren't marketed by a bunch of douchbags that I've never given AN as much as half a fart of thought.

Cutting Edge 3 part
Technaflora 3 part
General Hydro 3 part
Veg+Bloom all phase powder
Botanicare KIND
Canna Coco A+B
H+G cocos A+B

I've used (or worked around) all of the above and can say that all of them will grow stellar plants and you won't notice a difference in anything but price and ease of use. It's been my experience that anything past 4 bottles/products significantly decreases quality/flavor and can make it very easy to harm your plants/yeild.

ken dog

ken dog

I'm doing the full connoisseur line...everything.

One eighth strength on the Connoisseur, one-quarter strength on everything else, except the microbes which are one half strength.

Current culture 10 bucket 8xl... co2, chiller set to 69 F.

Sacred420

Sacred420

Overpriced water, read your labels and see what is actually in each company's bottles and you will see AN is the biggest joke in the hydroponic store... Forget exactly which product I was looking at with the hydro store owner in my area and right on the back in the list of ingredients at the bottom it read 98% Water... and it was $65/Liter... LMFAO General Hydroponics is the way to go IMHO, their products have way more in them and no weak ass cartoon labels and references to Weeds, High Times or Cannabis Cup... When did herb become about ad placements... saddening...

Sacred420

Sacred420

I truly did not intend to offend anyone with my statement, I never stated that their products don't produce results. Just stating you and others could spend way less to achieve the same results or better, but at the end of the day man it is always going to be to each their own. If no one plays devils advocate in these kinds of situations we would all still be smoking 70's shwag grown with Miracle Grow...

ken dog

ken dog

I only rarely buy nutrients at the hydro store... For that sort of thing, I do an online purchase... Usually about half price.
Half price takes the sting out of the cost.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

just got hooked up with their flower line in 1ltr bottles form the AN rep this morning for FREE (8-10 bottles, ill have to look again). going to be giving them a side my side with my current line up, technaflora (been running this line for 4 yrs, ive got their line dialed in perfectly, like clock work).

I have 2 GG#4 in 4.7 gal pots for AN and 2 GG#4 in 4.7gal pots for technaflora in. all 4 glues will be vegd same time, same everything up until flip (ill pick the best 4 for this head to head). both plants will have adequate space under 3x600 lamps like my other grows.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

sorry, I don't trust online nute sales. outdated or watered down nutes is a HUGE possibility. too many shady and greedy ass people now a days. I buy 99% of everything online, just not nutes.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
We went from AN to Heavy 16 with and with out Aptus Boosters and the Heavy 16 line killed the side by sides with AN..Just our results
Also Check out the thread on Jr Peters, @Capulator has some great dry salt mixes that he has run with great results, I use JR on my mother plants

Last edited:
Top Bottom