ADVANCED NUTRIENTS do I think there worth it?

• Thread starter grinkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Nice thread folks! I might be giving the 3part a go with the bud candy, hammerhead, and a MOAB. These AN formulas need any Calcium such as calplex/calmag?

squarepusher

squarepusher

i make far too much money with growing, having an extremely expensive product for me to spend it on makes me feel good

aeroman

aeroman

Nice thread folks! I might be giving the 3part a go with the bud candy, hammerhead, and a MOAB. These AN formulas need any Calcium such as calplex/calmag?

I haven't had any problems with AN's formula so you should be fine without a cal/mg boost. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Advanced nutes makes a cal/mag formula is to fix deficiencies in other people's nutes.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Despite AN's claims to not needing cal/mag for there base nutes, I think it really depends on if you are using RO water and if you are in Coco. I am doing both and had to supplement with Cal/Mag.

Do I think AN is worth the money. Yes and No. I think a lot of the money goes to their slick ad campaigns and flashy looking bottles. I do think it is a quality product that a LOT of time and energy went into developing. I am doing my second grow and I am using a combinations of AN and House and Garden (DD's nute schedule for Kush strains) and to be honest with you I don't think I could be happier with my results. Did I spend a good amount of money on Nutes? Yes.....I dumped a lot of money on the nutes. But to me it's like a car. If you want good performance, you pay the extra money on better gas.

true grit

true grit

Yeah i figured with RO i'll be adding calplex anyways...and looking at things, does look like I will need a hair added, especially in flower. The additives don't look like they'll carry enough Ca but more than enough Mg....

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

The Bud Candy IMO is garbage unless you are growing below average tasting weed.. It totally gave my buds new taste that I was not happy with.. Just basically sweetend them all so they had a bland sweet flavor.. Causing different strains to taste alota like.. total bummer when you are shooting for the original flaves your meds bring to the table..

J

Jalisco Kid

When they had sweetleaf and put sandalwood oil,grape juice and cranberry juice,from what research did they come up with for that idea. A sucker is born everyday and that keeps them going. Besides their 3 part which they copied I would not give them any of my money. They are not bad nutes just not head and shoulders above the rest like they claim. JK

A

antimatter

If your running drain to waste and have a reservoir that sits around for awhile just go to the health food store and buy some raw cane sugar, I run it at 5ml/g. No problems with having it sit around for a few days and topping off and running pumps with 1/4 feedlines with ts/valves etc. The runoff can get a bit weird looking so definitely wouldn't want it in a recirculating system.

Botanicare sweet is something different though it appears to be able to run in recirculating systems but im only going by the one time i tried it drain to waste and never noticed any weird looking runoff, and a few grow diaries in some of the hydro sections have run sweet in recirc ebb/flow with no ill effects but its expensive, not sure if worth it at 10ml/gal with 1 litre being like $25-$30.

F

farmerjohn

Here 11 pages later, the original question still remains. Are AN products worth the price? We've seen testimonials for AN & we've heard lots of people express their personal experiences. I have no doubt AN products are very good. So are many others. But the question is, "Are they worth it?" I say no, for a very simple reason. They & many others cost too damn much! Way too damn much! Any grower worth his salt, can & will provide nutes for his plants, @ a fraction of the cost of AN, & still obtain perfectly viable results. AN & the rest can claim all day they increase yield by whatever, but do they ACTUALLY increase yield by an amount that would be cost efficient, knowing you just spent 3, 4 or 5 hundred dollars, you didn't really need to? The answer again is no! If your thing is to get good results & have all the work done by someone else, then by all means shell out the money! But if you are willing to read, learn, obtain & administer what you need to get a great harvest, you can do so easily, cheaply & without paying through the nose, to companies who only charge what they do for their products, because they know you are charging 400 dollars a zip for the results of your labor! Folks, that's Capitalism & it's unlikely to change, anytime soon.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I have used Canna and Advanced nutrients and General hydro. All worked good Cana had more ph problems . General hydro worked well its sturdy for sure. Advanced has a great complete system.What you are growing and what type of products you pick in the system really makes a difference I think. I do agree that the Advanced Nutrients didn't have the best taste even with a proper flush.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqGzkqHneg&feature

I think the link sums it up haha. I have used AN for a few years and produced well. I think that they offer a good product but their price point is skewed to reflect their ceasless marketing campaigns (THey own Rosebud!). I mean seriously, $100 for bud factor X?!!? That shit is just magnesium as far as I can tell and if I pay $100 a litre for something GIVE ME A CAP THAT DOESN'T FUCKING LEAK!!!. I still use some of their additives (Bud blood, big bud, overdrive, bud candy, and final phase) in conjunction with H@g's whole line.

N

Northwest Skunk

I've been growing for a long, long time and have worked in the industry for a long time also.

Here is the real truth: Advanced Nutrients reverse engineers its formulas from other already current mariuana nutrient companies. The first ones they RE were from Holland, then they kept the cycle going with GH and others.

I have experimented with a lot of nutes over the years and I do use some of the AN line but I have been switching over to other brands as of late and actually getting better results.

-GH's base nutes M/G/B is a better product period.
-Dry Flower Product's Liquid Gold is a better Fulvic acid period
-Heavy Weight (for soil grows) is a MUCH better carb additive than "the original" Bud Candy wich does 100% change the taste and smell of the original weeds smell and taste ( i like the real taste and smell of mj why change it!)
-B vitamins: use any brand than is specific for mj..again a RE product from Advanced.
-Big Bud in powder form is better than the liquid by far but again there are a lot of similar products made by other nute companies that are derived from the same product sources and in similar ratios.
-Overdrive is a good end of cycle calix booster but there are others that do the exact same thing like MOAB, Monster, etc.
-Enzymes and bacteria: I re use soil so these additives are a definite benifit but there are lots on the market that are similar. I do only use Advanced bacteria and fungi though.
Voodoo-they claim it's pure magic..well I did a grow with it and a grow completely without it and didn't notice a difference at all not one bit. My root mass was identicle so wtf?

The truth: get good at experimenting with different variations/ratios of your base nutes and bloom enhancers and you will absolutely max out your yield and product quality in a good grow environment.
Good nute companies stick around if they weren't producing good results they wouldn't last so ask yourself this: why are there still the same old excellent nute companies still around?

The truth: I know two guys that work for AN and use their own schedule of food mixed up of nutes from different companies like I now do so why do you think that is!?

R

robz

Well I must chime in and say how happy I am with the AN lineup. I've been getting the fattest stinky nugs I've ever seen. The mixing instructions is not rocket science & no you do not need the full line. Their are 4 different packages they advertise. Hobbyist level, expert grower, professional, and Grand master. Each with it's own additives. You can combine all of them as instructed with your part a&b of bloom and be right around 1300 ppm so a meter is advisable. My buds have never been happier. That being said it is expensive as hell. But you get what you pay for with this line for sure. Also I've not been going full strength maybe a bit over 1/2 strength. I think with the Piranna & Trantulla & Voodoo juice along with the Sensizyme that feeding can be reduced because the benneficials do lots of the work in the root zone.

S

smokeydav

Wow! Bunch of different ops! I've heard all good about AN and will be using it on my first hydro grow shortly. I'll let you know how it goes!

I

ibTheMan

Wow, so AN will give you 50% more yield and 30% more resin a? LOL Bull Fuckn shit, so i yielded 6lb's off of 12 plants under 2-1000w hps of great tasten SSH that where not even 4 feet tall including buckets, with Nasa proven GH, so if i switch i m go n to get 10+ l's and Thc up from 18% to 23.4% ? HAH who are you guys kidn?
Learn to grow,and you wont need 10 different fert and adds.
All these weeds that are great,most arent new(OG,Chem) and that stuff was killer back then without the aid of AN, there shit is stupid expensive, and why?because people want to justify the means.
Maybe people are just lackn big time and usen the whole AN line does fill in what they where lackn with there last fert, but i know any great grower doest need AH to have Top Notch results, i mean i got great smoke way back in the day in 1.5 gallon buckets and miracle grow, epson salt, and suger water.lol

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I have been using BigBud and Hammerhead with Canna coco as my base nutes and my buds have blown up and i am only in week 4. I dont know about the rest of AN nutes but i can confirm from growing over the years and using so many other nutes that the AN Bigbud and Hammerhead is the Shizzle.

S

Sizzla

The only AN product i really liked was Very High Output ....that shit was the bomb and they stop making it.

Top Bottom