ADVANCED NUTRIENTS do I think there worth it?

• Thread starter grinkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SENSI ZYM

Hi Herbie and BH

If you havnt tried the collossal bud blast foliar boys your missing out !! I am telling you this is the best foliar out there bar none. Use it the last 2 weeks of veg and the first 2 weeks of flower..... what a difference, fan leaves twice as big as a plant that doesnt get the spray !!
Highly reccomend the bud blood for anything but soil, works awesome in hydro and coco, my g13 doesnt start showing large pistil development until the 18 - 21 st day but with bud blood its the 9th day !!

i have droped an to as the bottels dont last long this end and i nearly lost a whole crop , i am haveing much better yields useing h&g

im also useing hy-pro spray mix this stuff imho is alot better than any an ive used i see improvments in 5 hours my leaves were very pale and small in 5 hours the were lush green and pointing up lol so i have decided to run there 1 part line which has everything in it and has won many many awards .

i also am going to test advanced hydro holland jj was kind enough to give me his whole line to test and his new sweet coco bricks

D

Donk Frog

AN's organic line is great...the iguana juice, mother earth super tea, granny's humic and fuvic ...etc.....for hydro I am using connisur mix, I have a smal res in my machine(14gallon) so price is not as much of an issue.:smoke

A

alaskanfree

Holey Moley! I think I'll stick to my nice, inexpensive, but effective Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom, Liqiud Kool Bloom and some Super Thrive.

W

WCC

I think AN is good but you dont need anywhere near the whole line up to produce maximum yeilds. I noticed there prices in Canada have pretty much doubled recently ... next grows gonna be an expensive one !!!! LOL

G

greenthumb

i use hesi nutes and it is very good and a lot cheaper than canna and an plus i dont like buying things like big bud which is basicaly mollases with a couple of other things added so they can call it something else and sell it to you for£12 a bottle NO THANKYOU you can keep it

U

uwg13

BH I have disposable income. I still prefure to use what I started with; Canna and House&Garden.On soil I use Canna flores for veg with some root juice till the second week of flower than Canna Flower. Than rather than using the expensive Booster from Canna I use Top Booster and Bud XL from H&G. I did try the booster from canna 2 times but just found it was more expensive, no other difference really. Hydro I use Rapid grow A-B and pk 1314 and Bud xl from H&G. I use supplement when I see fit, but this is the basis.

Ultimatley I dont really believe in more expensive nutes coz the more expensive the nutes are, the better graphics are on the bottle and the more creative the name is:laugh:

In the end, with using all that this and somthing else, were all still talking about gettin' 1gram per 1watt. When I put time love and sweat in a room it allways does better than one I run into and run out 30 minutes later. That said you have to have a good climate for them coz no expensive nutes can help you than either

I agree with him and BH, AN more or less a ripoff. You aren't going to yield more by using AN over the other brands. You will just end up wasting money. AN are experts in marketing. The products are shit

N

negative 1

colossal bud blast is the shyt! man i'm telling ya, i don't know about unsprayed plants cuz i foliar them all but can i get a damn resin production peaks, i use a mix of humboldt and advanced with some guanos i am switching to humboldt though i think. i'd like to see and hear more about atamis lineup anyone using this stuff?

G

grinkeeper

its been a very long time since I have been a big part of this site.I think I have been gone for far to long.. love the posts and how the frum has devloped..

still have been having incredible results with much cheapr nutrients than my full adavanced nutrients lines I once had..

conisour cost $100 for the a+b combo in canada.. FOR 1 LITER.. COME ON NOW THATS INSANE, THE DILUTIONS IS STILL 2-4 MLS PER LITER SO YOU STILL USE THE SAME AMOUNTS..ops sorry for the caps. to lazy to retype

B

Bi0hazard

hmm. This is really making me reconsider Advanced Nutrients. Which company is B&H? And what would be the best veg and flowering setups for the B&H line.

I

indoorherbs

It's easy to say that this or that is more expensive, less expensive, not worth it, and so on. You have to keep in mind that whether you're doing that or someone else is, it's really subjective.

How much is good fish and chips in London? I bet it costs a ton more where I live (largely because you have to drive far, far away from where I live to find good fish and chips).

So if I say it's not worth the cost to buy "expensive" fish and chips compared to cheap tacos, I'm effectively saying absolutely nothing of value as it concerns anyone who isn't me (or living very nearby to me who also has similar taste in food).

Maybe you don't like tacos. Maybe you really like fish and chips and no drive is too far for a good meal.

Just figure it out for yourself.

I've never had a single problem growing with AN and I've never had anything perform half as good for me as their stuff. So for me, paying a little more for AN (compared to some things - there's stuff that's more expensive to get than AN where I live) is totally worth it.

I get bigger and better yields for comparatively less money and without any of the same kind of stress I get trying to make something else work well. For me it's win-win. Clearly not so for some.

Don't buy or not buy something just because someone had some positive or negative things to say. Look for all the facts you can find and make up your own mind. Try a few things out.

yezmar420

yezmar420

I've used the AN stuff and although everything came out good I can get the same results with much cheaper stuff. I use the Cutting Edge 3 part with Plant Amp and Uncle Johns blend. I love this stuff and will never switch. I also use Floralicious, Gravity, Purple Maxx and some blackstrap molasses. Yields are always good and taste/smell are awesome.

J

jdubz206

i just switched from a fox farm all six nutes to advanced all orgainc iguna regiment, and iam having ph issues like crazy i spoke with them directly and they say for soilless ph the water to 6.3 no good ive tried higher lower all no good. but the crazy thing is even with the insane ph swings witch are driving me nuts i see a better bud and bigger and more fragrent.the bigbud in the pic was a freebie as was all the smaller packs of carboload and heavt harvest fall iam not using htem only the organic ps 300 bucks

hey bro...i use iguana juice too, i don't have any ph problems though...my recipe (measurements per 4 liters):

veg -
5ml organic b
5ml sensical
10ml iguana juice
5ml liquid karma or 1ml floralicious +

flower -
5ml organic b
5ml sensical
10ml iguana juce
1.5 teaspoons of big bud powder (i use the powder cause it's cheaper than the liquid. 1.5 teaspoons powder = 15ml liquid)
5ml molasses
5ml sweetleaf (now 5-8ml bud candy, i'll get to that in a second)
5ml gravity (feed twice during the week before flush)

anyways, i mix all of the above and then adjust the ph to 6.3ish. i use ph drops so that's why i say 6.3ish :smiley_joint: i might add some organicare seaplex to my veg mix but besides that, i really have no reason to change. things work great with what i've got going, much better product and yield than i was getting with fox farms or pbp or humboldt....i've never tried the complete lineup so i can't say that it won't be better, i am just very happy with what i get currently and don't want to spend the extra dough on all the other "recommended" products in the organic line :)

i was actually going to do a post today about bud candy...if anyone has been using sweetleaf or carbo load, you will most likely be interested in this one...it's sweetleaf + carboload...i just picked up a bottle today, i was actually going to grab sweet leaf but this just came in and is replacing sweetleaf all together...it's some super good shit! check out the ingredients:
Ingredients: Soluble Potash (K2O), Potassium Sulfate, 72 trace elements, Organic acids, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polyphenolic Compounds, Esters, Raw Cane Juice, Sweet Brown Molasses
CARBOHYDRATES: Xyclose, Maltose, Glucose, Galactose, Aribinose
EXTRACTS: Cranberry Extract, Grape Extract, Malt Extract, Fermented Yeast Extract
VITAMINS: B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-12
AMINO ACIDS: L-Alanine, L-Arganine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Tryosine, L-Tryptophan, L-Valine

I'm stoked on this one. I noticed there were a bunch of b vitamins in sweetleaf too. is it even necessary to use organic b if i use this stuff? it seems like it's overkill, no need to spend the $32 on a bottle if it's already in the bud candy...well, let me know what you guys think about that. peace. j

S

StickyIckys

i've used a lot of nutrients over many years...starting off long ago with just GH 3 part. i loved GH 3 part and had great results on it, though i did tweak it a bit over their dosage. i went on to try bcuzz, botonicare, some others i don't really remember. the first time i ever tried advanced products was actually just with some additives/supps added in with GH 3 part. i think it was b52, carbo load, voodoo, and something else. i definitely noticed a difference. i went on to try the rest of the line and did notice a lot changes. first off, i think AN has a lot less salt than most other chem's. my plants just from the start were greener and healthier looking than with anything else (though GH was a close 2nd). of course i was using the whole line this time for AN's 3 part. overall yield and resin production was good, not sure how much more it was over just some GH with a few additives. however, i've stuck with using them just because i notice that my plants love it...they just look better and since i talk to them and i'm pretty sure they're talking to me, at least in my head, they let me know they like it :D

however, for me I've always gotten AN at cost or very little over cost...so when i buy 1200 bucks or nutes i'm really buying 2500 worth of retail product, so it's definitely worth it for me. for someone paying 2500 bucks for everything i got @ 1200, i would say no it's not worth the extra money....

i always love trying new mixtures of things so i will definitely be trying other nutes i find, adding in things from other lines, etc. i also have NOT tried a full organic AN run yet. i've had a good % of my nutes be organic and i am excited to try it. just adding in things here and there to see how i like em before i just throw down on a full run of organics.

on another note though, seeing as some people like AN and one of the biggest "problems" is mainly the cost.....i wonder how many people would use them if they could buy AN for like 10% over cost or something....keep in mind, probably something most people don't know, everything, or just about everything like 99% of AN products is exactly double wholesale to retail. so if you're paying 110 retail for something it's 55 wholesale (plus shipping). i

G

greenplanetguru

Good stuff that works, but...

Hi,

I used the full 2+ program for several years when I had a partner who worked at a grow shop and got all his nutes at cost from the owner. We had consistently good results but I did think that there is SO much stuff that it's a bit over the top... imho. After we shut down that grow location I used the Iguana full nute calc organic lineup for a personal stash closet grow and I loved the results.

I had to get out of growing due to constantly traveling for my work over the last 3 years but now that I'm in one place for awhile I'm finally nearing the end of my first bloom cycle (day 50) since getting back into it. Unfortunately AN and their marijuana specific marketing chased them right out of the local grow store and no one within 3 hours of here even carries the stuff. I'm not going to start giving UPS a good portion of my grow budget so I went with the locally available PureBlend Pro/Botanicare full organic lineup as I've had great results with it too in the past and this time is no exception.

I preferred the Iguana line to the 2+ but it had to do a bit more with simplicity. I did notice a slight dip in yield compared to 2+ but the bud was more flavorful and dank so it's the choice for me.

Peace!:character0103:

D

Damen

My two cents worth, I use a simple fert. lineup and have great results. I simply put vender hype on the back burner and check all info for myself. What I use is Daves mix from altgarden. The whole lineup is affordable and effective. You can add others to the mix to get more bang or simply stick to the simple mix. This is a good nutrient that works well and doesnt have any vender hype price. They also dont have the overhead of heavy vender advertising. Anyway just take your time when choosing whats worth the buck.

H

hookahma

wishin' I could get nutes at cost

Hi,

I used the full 2+ program for several years when I had a partner who worked at a grow shop and got all his nutes at cost from the owner. We had consistently good results but I did think that there is SO much stuff that it's a bit over the top... imho. After we shut down that grow location I used the Iguana full nute calc organic lineup for a personal stash closet grow and I loved the results.

I had to get out of growing due to constantly traveling for my work over the last 3 years but now that I'm in one place for awhile I'm finally nearing the end of my first bloom cycle (day 50) since getting back into it. Unfortunately AN and their marijuana specific marketing chased them right out of the local grow store and no one within 3 hours of here even carries the stuff. I'm not going to start giving UPS a good portion of my grow budget so I went with the locally available PureBlend Pro/Botanicare full organic lineup as I've had great results with it too in the past and this time is no exception.

I preferred the Iguana line to the 2+ but it had to do a bit more with simplicity. I did notice a slight dip in yield compared to 2+ but the bud was more flavorful and dank so it's the choice for me.

Peace!:character0103:

I wish I could find nutes like Advanced Nutrients at cost. I keep hearing so many good things about them, though I also hear their prices can be steep in some areas.

But if the rumors are true, seems like they might be worth it.

Hmmm, any tips on how to get nutes at cost?

:rofl

urbanite420

urbanite420

All I gotta say is that the voodoo juice is legit. It is supposed to have rhizobia which in turn should nodulate the root systems of cannabis. After taking a close look at my roots in DWC, there they are! nice nodules all over my primary roots. It is important to inoculate with this stuff early, say, as soon as the seed sprouts or as soon as you put the plant in your grow system.

J

Jalisco Kid

Seen the new video Advanced Nutrients did? Big Mike issued a challenge to the other nute companies to do a "grow-off".

He says he'll give them a million bucks if they win. Pretty ballsy...

http://www.growersunderground.com/milliondollarchallenge

He does that because no self respected company would play to such a small audience. Business men know its a joke . It's people with so sense to advertising think it's cool. If Fat Mike wanted to show off all he has to do is post some of his" Exhaustive research of his side by side grows" He lies or the truth would shine for him. JK

Top Bottom