Advanced Nutrients Growers Line Said 2ml Per Liter In Soil, Seems Like An Awful Lot?

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

To let you know, I searched first but couldn't find an answer. Maybe I didn't use the right words.

I ordered advanced nutrients for my plants in flower because I heard good things about Bud Candy and I've had some some small nute issues. I've been topping/ammending my soil with bat guano 7-3-1 every couple weeks during veg and caught some nitrogen clawing. I decided I wanted something a little more controlled so I bought some AN nutes. Called the growers line to make sure the feeding schedule applied to soil and told the guy some people were recommending a quarter to an eighth the suggested dose. He said it's the same for hydro and coco. I told him again, I'm in soil. He said that too, and went on to explain their scientists blah blah blah...

Can anyone knowledgable weigh in here. AN is about confusing as f*ck with their hidden formulas. I still don't know "what goes with what" since they don't bother. I have Big Bud, Bud Candy, B-52, and I ordered Ancient Earth and Cal Mag. He said I should drop the CalMag & Ancient Earth and buy Bud factor X too.

I have $100 to spend today and I can continue with AN or buy something else and cut my losses. After I bought the stuff I started doing the math, and f*ck, $50+ every 2 days for 6 plants is pretty ridiculous. If it its a quarter of that then I can work with it.

This didn't seem too expensive when I thought I only had to buy a few things, but I'm getting real tired of this get the nutes then well tell you what else you need to buy because we won't say what goes together BS.

Does Tiger Bloom work with Bud Candy?

Monster762

Monster762

To let you know, I searched first but couldn't find an answer. Maybe I didn't use the right words.

I ordered advanced nutrients for my plants in flower because I heard good things about Bud Candy and I've had some some small nute issues. I've been topping/ammending my soil with bat guano 7-3-1 every couple weeks during veg and caught some nitrogen clawing. I decided I wanted something a little more controlled so I bought some AN nutes. Called the growers line to make sure the feeding schedule applied to soil and told the guy some people were recommending a quarter to an eighth the suggested dose. He said it's the same for hydro and coco. I told him again, I'm in soil. He said that too, and went on to explain their scientists blah blah blah...

Can anyone knowledgable weigh in here. AN is about confusing as f*ck with their hidden formulas. I still don't know "what goes with what" since they don't bother. I have Big Bud, Bud Candy, B-52, and I ordered Ancient Earth and Cal Mag. He said I should drop the CalMag & Ancient Earth and buy Bud factor X too.

I have $100 to spend today and I can continue with AN or buy something else and cut my losses. After I bought the stuff I started doing the math, and f*ck, $50+ every 2 days for 6 plants is pretty ridiculous. If it its a quarter of that then I can work with it.

This didn't seem too expensive when I thought I only had to buy a few things, but I'm getting real tired of this get the nutes then well tell you what else you need to buy because we won't say what goes together BS.

Does Tiger Bloom work with Bud Candy?
Ill be back to you in a few minutes. I use an. Im no pro but youre being sold a bridge. Its not that expensive you just got to get the ones you need.

Are you indoor? If so what size pots

. I got to go to store real quick ill be back on here n get to you today. The dude you talked to is more a salesman than a farmer im pretty sure.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Right after I posted this I said, "f*ck it". I ordered Fox Farm Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom. I'll deal with NA's stuff next year when I'm more ready. Thanks.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ill be back to you in a few minutes. I use an. Im no pro but youre being sold a bridge. Its not that expensive you just got to get the ones you need.

Are you indoor? If so what size pots

. I got to go to store real quick ill be back on here n get to you today. The dude you talked to is more a salesman than a farmer im pretty sure.

The dude didn't seem very knowledgeable, mostly defensive. Like I just posted, I'll try them next year. I just don't have the patience and money right now. I'll take answers anyway since I plan on using them next year and have some product I won't waste.

Thanks again.

Monster762

Monster762

The dude didn't seem very knowledgeable, mostly defensive. Like I just posted, I'll try them next year. I just don't have the patience and money right now. I'll take answers anyway since I plan on using them next year and have some product I won't waste.

Thanks again.
Its all good. Im no fan of an or any particular brand. I actually bought fox farm beastie bloomz when i figured what my mix was short on. Beastie bloomz is real strong though. I cut it to 1/4 strength once a week then feed AN on my regular feeds. As far as an i got the bud blood liquid. The rhino skin and bud candy. Bud candy is mainly a sweetener and is all microbe foods. It actually feeds the beneficial bacterias of the soil not the plant. Ive heard it leaves a taste some dont like. I was going to stop it but i decided to just run it through and find out myself. Fox farms is good stuff though. I havent used their lines but the dude who first schooled me on growing used it. He ran all organic mostly but ran some on fox farms. I just got a huge bag of ff ocean forest soil. Its hot so ill be cutting it 50% with pro mix snd theowing a lot of perelite in it when i use it. Its for my next run. Im going to upgrade from 4x4 to 5x14 room so ill run like 5 plants. Im on my first indoor grow. Regaurdless of brands the npk ratios are what really matters. Keeping cal mag on standby. And you dont need to cut calmag. It is 1% nitrogen. Not a big deal just dont add any other nitrogen sources during flower 1% is ok. The fox farm should do good for you. Look at numbers if theyre high (over 10 on any of them ) start low doses.like 1/2.

Im no pro i just make changes slowly to be safe. Nothing worse than spending the time on getting them where you want them to burn em up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I think I came out a winner with having only spent $80. I calculated what I'd have to spend to use AN products at their recommended levels and it would cost 1 lb of flower per plant. That's ricockulous!!! I'll use what I've got for a winter Solo cup project.

I also ammended with Ocean Forest, and three others. If Tiger Bloom is organic then at least I'll be all organic. At this point, I don't really give a sh*t. I still need to do a flush right? I think I saw that Fox Farm has something like that. I skipped the grow big part of the trio, at 6-4-4 I don't think I'll need it. My bat guano is 7-3-3 and was added last about 2 weeks ago. Should be plenty with the Kush 2 weeks and the Orange Creamsicle 3+ weeks into flower. I figured I couldn't go wrong ordering the Cal Mag. The AN guy told me I should order Sensi Bloom too. I shouldnt have needed it, but he didn't know because he didn't ask. How you gonna give someone nutrient advice without asking the condition of the plants? Whatever.

Much thanks. You were far more helpful than the AN guy.

Monster762

Monster762

I think I came out a winner with having only spent $80. I calculated what I'd have to spend to use AN products at their recommended levels and it would cost 1 lb of flower per plant. That's ricockulous!!! I'll use what I've got for a winter Solo cup project.

I also ammended with Ocean Forest, and three others. If Tiger Bloom is organic then at least I'll be all organic. At this point, I don't really give a sh*t. I still need to do a flush right? I think I saw that Fox Farm has something like that. I skipped the grow big part of the trio, at 6-4-4 I don't think I'll need it. My bat guano is 7-3-3 and was added last about 2 weeks ago. Should be plenty with the Kush 2 weeks and the Orange Creamsicle 3+ weeks into flower. I figured I couldn't go wrong ordering the Cal Mag. The AN guy told me I should order Sensi Bloom too. I shouldnt have needed it, but he didn't know because he didn't ask. How you gonna give someone nutrient advice without asking the condition of the plants? Whatever.

Much thanks. You were far more helpful than the AN guy.
If youre in flower you want to drop that nitrogen and bring the second two numbers up. The p and k. Nitrogen is only needed in very beginning of flower after that traces are good like 1-2%

Monster762

Monster762

If youre in flower you want to drop that nitrogen and bring the second two numbers up. The p and k. Nitrogen is only needed in very beginning of flower after that traces are good like 1-2%
Oh i get what youre saying now tge bat guano was your last nitrogen

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Its all good. Im no fan of an or any particular brand. I actually bought fox farm beastie bloomz when i figured what my mix was short on. Beastie bloomz is real strong though. I cut it to 1/4 strength once a week then feed AN on my regular feeds. As far as an i got the bud blood liquid. The rhino skin and bud candy. Bud candy is mainly a sweetener and is all microbe foods. It actually feeds the beneficial bacterias of the soil not the plant. Ive heard it leaves a taste some dont like. I was going to stop it but i decided to just run it through and find out myself. Fox farms is good stuff though. I havent used their lines but the dude who first schooled me on growing used it. He ran all organic mostly but ran some on fox farms. I just got a huge bag of ff ocean forest soil. Its hot so ill be cutting it 50% with pro mix snd theowing a lot of perelite in it when i use it. Its for my next run. Im going to upgrade from 4x4 to 5x14 room so ill run like 5 plants. Im on my first indoor grow. Regaurdless of brands the npk ratios are what really matters. Keeping cal mag on standby. And you dont need to cut calmag. It is 1% nitrogen. Not a big deal just dont add any other nitrogen sources during flower 1% is ok. The fox farm should do good for you. Look at numbers if theyre high (over 10 on any of them ) start low doses.like 1/2.

Im no pro i just make changes slowly to be safe. Nothing worse than spending the time on getting them where you want them to burn em up.

I don't think I'm doing too bad. As long as I don't kill em I should be alright. Just trying to get some thick and tight.
20170828 184135
20170828 184201
20170828 184142
20170828 184239
20170828 184301
20170828 184311

Monster762

Monster762

I don't think I'm doing too bad. As long as I don't kill em I should be alright. Just trying to get some thick and tight.
View attachment 734843 View attachment 734844 View attachment 734846 View attachment 734848 View attachment 734849 View attachment 734852
Yeah youre looking good they will thicken up Mine just started to thicken indoors. Day 36 of 10 week flower so about half way there. Just starting the swell. My first indoor grow thats just my 1 bigger plant others are a little smaller but a week or so behind too.
IMG 0641

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and more nutes dont mean bigger buds really. Just give em what they want to stay healthy. Theyll do the rest outdoors. You have perfect lighting n all. Fresh air. All tge stuff that can only be faked so much indoors.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh and more nutes dont mean bigger buds really. Just give em what they want to stay healthy. Theyll do the rest outdoors. You have perfect lighting n all. Fresh air. All tge stuff that can only be faked so much indoors.

I understand. Just like cooking, only the right ingredients used with precision will yeald the optimum result. I have ocd I don't do anything sizable without going over it a couple thousand times in my head.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm sorry, earlier I said the guano was 7-3-3, it's 7-3-1, that's why I need to get those flowering nutes rollin here pretty quick-like. In dyer need of potash.

After having seen that Solo cup competition I was really inspired. I'm going to buy the little bottles of Sensi Bloom, order some clones, and get some practice in mainlining so I'm ready for 32 point mainline Sativas. Maybe even 64 points. I love growing things!

Leew421

Leew421

Look into blue planet nutrients. For soil look at other options too. Not saying FF isn't good but there's better. Roots organic is stellar and has a shit load of perlite in it already. Royal Kings mix is fantastic and comes in 3.0 cubic ft per bag.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Look into blue planet nutrients. For soil look at other options too. Not saying FF isn't good but there's better. Roots organic is stellar and has a shit load of perlite in it already. Royal Kings mix is fantastic and comes in 3.0 cubic ft per bag.

Fox Farms Ocean Forest was only a quarter of the soil amendments I used. The soil I was amending had a lot if pearlite to begin with. What I would like to do is add good critters and nutes to it months early so it's really alive when I plant.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My blend... Amended into last years organic soil.

20170829 075426

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Emerald Harvest made by the people that made Advance but much cheaper.

Do they have the same formula but Emerald Harvest is much cheaper?

The people who left AN to start Emerald Harvest did so, what, 15-20 years ago? But you make it sound as if they are both using the same manufacturer. If you're going to plug a nute line, use it's actual merits, not 6 degrees of separation.

I absolutely welcome you to join in the conversation, but if your just doing a drive by on my thread to build your street cred quickly...

Don't do that.

When someone drops a whole lot of useless one liners on peoples threads when they are already getting thorough, accurate, advice from advanced farmers... C'mon dude. I'm not going to let that sh*t fly on my thread.

Earn your stripes the right way and be part of the community.

Top Bottom