Advanced Nutrients pH-PPM Perfect Technology “Get the stack”

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fyrhazzrd

I bought into the ads and purchased everything. Mixed up all of the nutrients and waited two hours just like they suggest. Checked the PH and it was 7.1; My EC was through the roof at 2.7. That is using 4ml/l for the sensi Bloom part A and B, and 2ml/l for the additives. I adjusted my PH down to 5.8 and two hours later it was back up over 7 again. After several hours I was able to stabilize it at around 6.1 and left it at that. Fed it to my plants with hopes that it wouldn't burn them to a crisp. They seemed to do ok, but around mid week after adding back straight water to the buckets, bringing the EC down gradually; everything started to stabilize. The EC was around 1.8 and the PH was hanging steady at 5.7 on a regular basis and the plants just took off.

I emailed AN about the problems I was seeing and they responded back saying the bottles must say PH-Perfect on them in order to be able to use them in the PH-Perfect plan. Where do they state this in any of the ads?

They said in the email that they have two formulations of all of the additives. One for PH-Perfect formulation and one without.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I bought into the ads and purchased everything. Mixed up all of the nutrients and waited two hours just like they suggest. Checked the PH and it was 7.1; My EC was through the roof at 2.7. That is using 4ml/l for the sensi Bloom part A and B, and 2ml/l for the additives. I adjusted my PH down to 5.8 and two hours later it was back up over 7 again. After several hours I was able to stabilize it at around 6.1 and left it at that. Fed it to my plants with hopes that it wouldn't burn them to a crisp. They seemed to do ok, but around mid week after adding back straight water to the buckets, bringing the EC down gradually; everything started to stabilize. The EC was around 1.8 and the PH was hanging steady at 5.7 on a regular basis and the plants just took off.

I emailed AN about the problems I was seeing and they responded back saying the bottles must say PH-Perfect on them in order to be able to use them in the PH-Perfect plan. Where do they state this in any of the ads?

They said in the email that they have two formulations of all of the additives. One for PH-Perfect formulation and one without.

The PH perfect line isn't available in the States yet...

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I just wanted to say "Fucking snake oil!!" and also that I really dont give a damn what quality "buffers" AN uses, if you are charging $100 USD for a litre of magnesium sulfate (Aka "Bud Factor x") you are straight raping. Maby It is simply that I am not a "Grand Master Grower" and Cannot derive the proper benefit from such products. Then again maby it is just that the masses are asses and, as Apple has demonstrated with the Ipod vs older style MP3 players: THe only way to compete with cheap is to make shit easy. Good luck to the ANers out there!

I

ibTheMan

over two years later,still no PPM perfect. AN ferts r still real good tho.

D

dank_

LMAO, I remember reading about their pH Perfect technology 4 years ago! I have yet to see any on the shelves of retail stores. I still have to order liquid Tarantula and Piranha.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
It's all over Canada.. Just not the US.. They cannot get the labels approved for distribution in the US.. I work at a Hydro shop..

bloads

bloads

I just wanted to say "Fucking snake oil!!" and also that I really dont give a damn what quality "buffers" AN uses, if you are charging $100 USD for a litre of magnesium sulfate (Aka "Bud Factor x") you are straight raping. Maby It is simply that I am not a "Grand Master Grower" and Cannot derive the proper benefit from such products. Then again maby it is just that the masses are asses and, as Apple has demonstrated with the Ipod vs older style MP3 players: THe only way to compete with cheap is to make shit easy. Good luck to the ANers out there!

This is my thoughts as well.

I'll definitely avoid AN, the opposite of K.I.S.S.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

great thread..

I thought this add was funny as hell. The first half tells you how AN has copied GH's line 100%, and the second half says that GH doesn't understand the "micronutrient needs of our special crop."

Funny stuff.

T

the_german

what is junglejuice?

never seen it before.
just the gmb right? relabeled again.

Even in Germany I get the ph perfect since 2 weeks

M

Motherhugger

I just want to point out that there is a group of people on the boards that say the same old argument, and even the same words. It's like you're working off a script. LOL

I can't argue with teh results I get with AN. Yeah, maybe I need to work harder than other (ahem, lazy) growers, but I've always used them, so I don't know any differently.

I thought the pH PPM perfect was already out since it's on the AN site, but I guess I haven't tried to order it. If it's just due to the labeling issues in the US, that really sucks. I REALLY want to give it a go....

I

indoorherbs

The PH perfect line isn't available in the States yet...
over two years later,still no PPM perfect. AN ferts r still real good tho.

It's available in some states I think. And it is available in Canada and I think some of the European countries.

LMAO, I remember reading about their pH Perfect technology 4 years ago! I have yet to see any on the shelves of retail stores. I still have to order liquid Tarantula and Piranha.

BS. I don't think they've even been developing it that long. They only started talking about it a couple years ago. Prove me wrong - if you can.

what is junglejuice?

never seen it before.
just the gmb right? relabeled again.

Even in Germany I get the ph perfect since 2 weeks

Jungle Juice is Advanced Nutrients' copy of GH's GMB, basically. The way I understand it they reverse-engineered GH's formula, tweaked a couple things like using RO water to mix it (which GH should have done to begin with but they cut a lot of corners) and AN sells it for 40% less than GH does.

AN's regular 3-part is still around, it's the one with the new pH Perfect formula. Jungle Juice is lower quality (since it's copied from GH) and lower price.

People like to compare the price of AN's original 3 part to GH's 3 part and say that AN is overpriced. But Jungle Juice proves that if AN were to make the same QUALITY as GH, it would actually be cheaper. Which just goes to show you what crap GH is.

I thought the pH PPM perfect was already out since it's on the AN site, but I guess I haven't tried to order it. If it's just due to the labeling issues in the US, that really sucks. I REALLY want to give it a go....

It's pretty simple to just order it online and get it shipped. The labeling issues with some of the US states only covers what you can physically stock in a hydro shop. You can order whatever you want and they don't care. Or at least they don't check. Whatever the case, you can get it.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

AN has no quality beyond advertising. Start with the ingredient list and learn from there.

T

the_german

lol

also that stuff in liquid form is available over here

I

indoorherbs

AN has no quality beyond advertising. Start with the ingredient list and learn from there.

That'd be good advice if the laws didn't actually do more to keep ingredients OFF the label than it does to keep them on it.

Any decent nute is going to have at least one ingredient that the laws expressly forbid putting on the label, so most of the important information won't show up on the label.

C

cateros

What is Advanced Nutrients ph-PPM Perfect Technology, you wonder? I have the answer straight from the horse’s mouth and it is what a lot of you may have suspected.

The ph-PPM perfect system is nothing more than the latest push of marketing.

AN had the product packaging ready at a recent tradeshow and when I pressed them on when it was going to be released the answer was “about a month.” But the packaging is ready, don’t worry. All it looks like is three or four bottles in one cardboard box, to “simplify” the process of growing. But I guess AN complicated it in the first place if you ask some people, right?

Had to ask a senior company rep repeatedly what was different between the pH-PPM perfect system and the old formulas and although he never said this exact word, the answer was “nothing.” He asked what products I use and said that I would keep using that line-up in the same phase feeding regimen. The explanation offered is that the pH-PPM perfect technology is to make growing easier to new people joining the hobby. “Since you own a pH meter and ppm meter you would keep using those.”

I mentioned pH rises when he asked if I had any problems with pH or ppm and asked if I was using Bud Candy yet. I have compared the ingredients and there are definitely slight differences between Bud Candy and Sweet Leaf so perhaps this is one area where AN reformulated to make things more stable(?) The rep said that Big Ignitor is like Bud Blood but in a liquid form. I am kicking myself for not asking about the other three new products I see in this brochure.

Snowkitty will summarize this for you: the pH-PPM perfect system is a way to sell small boxes of nutrients to customers who are scared of having to invest $400 in quality meters. By spending more $, you can automatically increase your level of skill from hobbyist to expert to professional to grand master! Also, maybe these videos will make you forget that AN made you burn your plants when they reformulated stuff back in 2005/2006/2007 and y’all had to figure it out yourself on the forums.

This is what I see on all the forums…the double edged sword of Advanced Nutrients. Hated for their Hummers and slimy commercials and the fact that they are quoting the yield increase to the FRICKIN 100th DECIMAL PLACE c’mon now. But used by so many because of the results and the scientists who are on staff avoiding the camera and procuring the highest quality base ingedients.

I will change my opinion on this if/when I see more scientific information about reformulations that are going on as a part of the system.

Here is the new packaging with that decimal place in the yield percentage. :animal0048:

Sorry but if you were told nothing is different about ppm /ph perfect from a company rep you werent listening or your just making this up.
From the last trade show the products were explained to me as follows.
Each product uses the same ingriedients so no different except every single type of nutrient is made up of anions and cations so by using properly balanced amount of negative or positive molecules of each nutrient and the plants natural action that if it draws in negative nitrogen molecules and releases positive ones during the day it reverses at night so by balancing the nutrient to use equal amounts of each nutrients negative and positive molocules the ph stays far more stable , then by heavily chelating every nutrient as much as they do if your water is 4.5-8.5 then when the nutrients are mixed your plants will be able to uptake all nutrients without deficiency or lockout in an old video by big mike he stated there nutrients are so heavily chelated that your plants could keep growing in nutrient solution as low as 2 or as high as 14 as long as every root didnt burn off the plants would still be able to get proper amounts of nutrients regardless of ph levels.

As far as the ppm perfect part all i can say is if you test it before adding to the medium it will be much higher then the nute calc at AN says it will be but when I test runoff it goes in at 1450 and comes out around 1100 and my friend who runs it in hydro system after about 24 hours it has dropped down to 1250ppms and stays very stable for 7-10 days . It almost seems as if though once the nutrient level reaches a specific level the remaining nutes are locked away untill needed.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Why doesnt ANs nute chart allow for any transition from grow to flower?

They have Sensi Grow being dropped completely at week 1 of flower.

Top Bottom