Advanced nutrients ph problem

• Thread starter Drdre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Farmers I've been running an and after my water change I ph my water to 6.2 and it will drop to 3.8 in less than 24 hrs roots a perfect in fact my second system got some root rot and my ph stayed perfect can anyone explain what might be going on I run ro water water temp is 61 to 63ish 1250 ppm

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

More info needed. Type of hydro system and growing media? Starting pH of solution before adjustment?

In my experience, quickly dropping pH like you're describing has always meant that I ain't just farmin'. I am now ranchin'. Bacteria/fungus rancher. Sounds like maybe you might be growing things other than weed with your nute solution.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Hydrus/mpb I can't see that only because I am running 3 6 plant system completely separate one room had root rot but the ph stayed around 6.0

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
The other two had the problem

D

decrimCA

Farmers I've been running an and after my water change I ph my water to 6.2 and it will drop to 3.8 in less than 24 hrs roots a perfect in fact my second system got some root rot and my ph stayed perfect can anyone explain what might be going on I run ro water water temp is 61 to 63ish 1250 ppm

Sounds like there's a problem with something else in your grow room, not the Advanced Nutrients since this has happened a few times for you. Are you sure that all of your equipment is clean? Are you sure that your water source is good?

It sounds like there's more to the story than the nutrients, my friend.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Ro water and 1rst run mpb tub will see on my run this round

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Had the same problem with the PH running up on me no matter how much PH down I would put in. Cleaned and bleached my reservoirs and changed out the R/O filters and were stable again. I noticed this with running a bunch of organics that I had major film, gunk, wicked funky shit build up in the pipes and res. So now I make sure I clean the reservoir regularly regardless, along with the filters and bleach out the pipes irrigation systems after each harvest and flush again with major water. Before running organics I don't remember having this problem. Just my experience on this deal.

Make sure you clean that PH pen and meter once a week with the correct cleaning solution too.

I

indoorherbs

The initial post is more than a little confusing, but if you're seeing a rapid drop to 3.8 pH on Advanced Nutrients there is definitely something else wrong.

I've heard of people complaining about pH not being as stable as they think it should be, I've never had that problem and I hear from enough other people who say they never have a problem that I'm inclined to believe the instability is coming from somewhere else. But if you're seeing nearly 3pH drop there something pretty huge causing it and it's not the nutes.

The sheer fact you're seeing it in one system but not the other is proof that it's something unique to the one system. You may not think there's anything different but there has to be. When all known variables are accounted for and different results are being observed the only conclusion is that there are unseen variables that are causing the difference.

I'd recommend stripping the entire system down, rinsing the plants' roots as best you can, cleaning it relentlessly, then re-assembling and refilling it to run. Really analyze everything you do too, see if there's any conceivable difference between the way you act on one system vs the other.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

More info needed. Type of hydro system and growing media? Starting pH of solution before adjustment?

In my experience, quickly dropping pH like you're describing has always meant that I ain't just farmin'. I am now ranchin'. Bacteria/fungus rancher. Sounds like maybe you might be growing things other than weed with your nute solution.

The weird thing is, when his PH dropped to 3.8 in 1 system he didn't have any bacteria/fungus (that he knew of), but system 2 he had a steady PH of 6.0 and he had the root rot. Now I'm sure there are other bacteria that will effect PH without effecting the roots, but its just weird how that happened to his 2 systems.

if you're seeing nearly 3pH drop there something pretty huge causing it and it's not the nutes.

You see, I think his problem could be the nutes, either by not mixing them correctly or using a product that doesn't fit with his primary nutrients, most likely a combination of a couple different things. The point is, when his PH drops so low within 24 hrs he didn't see any issues other then the PH drop. But when his PH was good at 6.0 he got root rot.

Hey Dre, make sure you read the directions on all the nutrients your using and only use products that compliment eachother (mostly PH wise) and also clean your stuff out just like a couple other people said.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^Sorry, in the 2nd quote I couldn't get his name in there, but that was from 'indoorherbs'.

Top Bottom