Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom

• Thread starter Mdezelak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mdezelak

Mdezelak

anyone use these nutrients and how did your plants turn out? I've always used fox farms but am trying advanced nutrients this time. Also have their Overdrive and Big Bud along with the Sensi Grow. Thanks in advance for any info!

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've never used them personally, but have known a few that have. I think you'll be happy running with that simple program.
With the new ph perfect, I hear lots of folks run into problems trying to correct the ph right after they mix. If at all possible, mix and let it stand for an hour or two before feeding.

Mdezelak

Mdezelak

I've never used them personally, but have known a few that have. I think you'll be happy running with that simple program.
With the new ph perfect, I hear lots of folks run into problems trying to correct the ph right after they mix. If at all possible, mix and let it stand for an hour or two before feeding.
I like that its a grow and bloom 4 part system hoping for good results

visajoe1

visajoe1

F all those multi part systems. All you need is a great base like Maxigro or MegaCrop or similar NPK and supplement as needed if at all.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You can drop the grow formula ......all you need is the 2 part bloom, as far as the base nutrients go.

You can use the bloom formula all the way from seed to harvest......the additives you mentioned are all you need, but I would add Parahna for root growth.

I've tested/used Advanced full line and its probably the easiest to use and have damn near perfect plants.

That shit is dialed in to perfection specifically for cannabis IMHO.

As mentioned already do not attempt to pH the nutrients...... Ever!!!

The way these are designed makes nutrients available at a PH of as low as 4 and as high as 8. There are pH buffers that will maintain that pH range.

All advanced nutrient additives are pH balanced/neutral which means all the additives like Big Bud will not raise or lower the pH levels.

Use at 50% of recommended dosages. Its super easy....the 2 part bloom formula base is mixed at 2ml per liter and additives are mixed at that same rate of 2ml per liter.

Use RO water.

No calmag needed.

Mdezelak

Mdezelak

You can drop the grow formula ......all you need is the 2 part bloom, as far as the base nutrients go.

You can use the bloom formula all the way from seed to harvest......the additives you mentioned are all you need, but I would add Parahna for root growth.

I've tested/used Advanced full line and its probably the easiest to use and have damn near perfect plants.

That shit is dialed in to perfection specifically for cannabis IMHO.

As mentioned already do not attempt to pH the nutrients...... Ever!!!

The way these are designed makes nutrients available at a PH of as low as 4 and as high as 8. There are pH buffers that will maintain that pH range.

All advanced nutrient additives are pH balanced/neutral which means all the additives like Big Bud will not raise or lower the pH levels.

Use at 50% of recommended dosages. Its super easy....the 2 part bloom formula base is mixed at 2ml per liter and additives are mixed at that same rate of 2ml per liter.

Use RO water.

No calmag needed.
So no grow but 2ml per liter of each bloom? Also do you use overdrive and big bud the entire time too?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Start at 2ml per liter of A & B bloom formula, and move up to 4ml or 16ml per gallon as plants get bigger. Continue this until its time to flush.

Big Bud is not used until 2nd week of flower thru to week 6 of flower.

At week 6 of flower, stop using big bud and start using Overdrive until week 8, or week 9 depending on strain.

Last week before harvest just use "Flawless Finish" by Advanced Nutrients and RO water only at the mix rate of 16ml per gallon.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Megacrop is OK for a powder.....but it never produced results like this.......Week 3 of flower after a 2 week veg time.

Freaking plant got so heavy it crushed through the lid.......

Megacrop isn't even a fair comparison really.....apples and oranges IMHO!

IMG 20200517 215314 1
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Megacrop is OK for a powder.....but it never produced results like this.......Week 3 of flower after a 2 week veg time.

Freaking plant got so heavy it crushed through the lid.......

Megacrop isn't even a fair comparison really.....apples and oranges IMHO!

Nuff said.
Have to disagree, a balanced nutrient isn't going to have any significant change in growth rates changing from one to another unless its creating deficiencies. Growth hormones and light quality/intensity will. Pumping more nutrients into a plant never makes it bigger. and inorganic nutrients are inorganic nutrients no matter the brand you put on the bottle.

Mega crop 3 weeks growth. Can be seen in my last grow journal

IMG 20191206 095817
IMG 20200102 190610
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Nice looking plants aqua!!

Ummmmm......I never said anything about higher EC values....higher EC does NOT equal bigger plants, having the right ratios given at the right time has DOES have everything to do with bigger plants.

Plant shown maxes at 350PPM

All I was saying is that megacrop was tested extensively for over a year......advanced Sensi bloom blew it away test after test.

Those were my results.

Sensi bloom has been on the market and used globally for like 1000 years now......lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice looking plants aqua!!

Ummmmm......I never said anything about higher EC values....higher EC does NOT equal bigger plants, having the right ratios given at the right time has DOES have everything to do with bigger plants.

Plant shown maxes at 350PPM

All I was saying is that megacrop was tested extensively for over a year......advanced Sensi bloom blew it away test after test.

Those were my results.

Sensi bloom has been on the market and used globally for like 1000 years now......lol
Oh I can definitely say that not all nutrients are created equal and some are more complete. I would say those ratios change based on light, strain and environment. Personally I think generally speaking cannabis does well in a fairly wide range of ratios. If you look at the sources both are derived you will see they are all very similar. I feel personally 2-1-3 or 2-1-2 to be great ratios for the entire grow. More and more studies are showing cannabis doesn't need all the changes in ratios that the feet companies would like us to believe. This is especially true with bloom boosters which usually do more harm than good.

I do think that nutrients to be the best will be tailored to the plant being grown not just strain specific, environment, light, CO2 etc. Because all have an impact so if we want the best we need to mix our own ferts and have access to some pretty expensive equipment or have a lot of time to tune them by plant response.

But imho there are so many options for nutrients that will work well and we may have different experiences with them based on the conditions and strains we run.

I'm not an AN guy and absolutely hate ph perfect. But it will absolutely work well when used properly. Like you say toss the ph pens and use with RO with no cal mag after 10 million arguments with ppl over it I now hate it lol. But it will grow some nice plants also

guymandude

guymandude

Oh I can definitely say that not all nutrients are created equal and some are more complete. I would say those ratios change based on light, strain and environment. Personally I think generally speaking cannabis does well in a fairly wide range of ratios. If you look at the sources both are derived you will see they are all very similar. I feel personally 2-1-3 or 2-1-2 to be great ratios for the entire grow. More and more studies are showing cannabis doesn't need all the changes in ratios that the feet companies would like us to believe. This is especially true with bloom boosters which usually do more harm than good.

I do think that nutrients to be the best will be tailored to the plant being grown not just strain specific, environment, light, CO2 etc. Because all have an impact so if we want the best we need to mix our own ferts and have access to some pretty expensive equipment or have a lot of time to tune them by plant response.

But imho there are so many options for nutrients that will work well and we may have different experiences with them based on the conditions and strains we run.

I'm not an AN guy and absolutely hate ph perfect. But it will absolutely work well when used properly. Like you say toss the ph pens and use with RO with no cal mag after 10 million arguments with ppl over it I now hate it lol. But it will grow some nice plants also

been running AN for 10 years and still doing well. With ph perfect, i never worry about the ph nor do i attempt to ph the nutirnets. I don;t even worry about it. it is strong stuff and it takes a little getting used to. Currently I am running my plants incoco, so I am using their coco line of Sensi coco Grow and Sensi coco Bloom, half strength (according to their nutrient calculator on their website - I highly recommend you look at this) and feeding every day, until i get a 25% runoff. My plants are very happy.

my mix:
Veg
Sensi Coco Grow A&B
AN Calmag Extra - best nonorganic cal mag on the market, imho
Sugar Daddy
Great White Myco

Flower:
Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
B52
Big Bud
Sugar Daddy
Calmag once in a while

works very well

visajoe1

visajoe1

been running AN for 10 years and still doing well. With ph perfect, i never worry about the ph nor do i attempt to ph the nutirnets. I don;t even worry about it. it is strong stuff and it takes a little getting used to. Currently I am running my plants incoco, so I am using their coco line of Sensi coco Grow and Sensi coco Bloom, half strength (according to their nutrient calculator on their website - I highly recommend you look at this) and feeding every day, until i get a 25% runoff. My plants are very happy.

my mix:
Veg
Sensi Coco Grow A&B
Sugar Daddy
Great White Myco

Flower:
Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
B52
Big Bud
Sugar Daddy
Calmag once in a while

works very well
If it aint broke, dont fix it! Glad you got it dialed in

B

budjamesbud

my mix:
Veg
Sensi Coco Grow A&B
Sugar Daddy
Great White Myco

Flower:
Sensi Coco Bloom A&B
B52
Big Bud
Sugar Daddy
Calmag once in a while

works very well
i know this is old... hopefully you're still reaing these

my question is about the final pH of the AN grow vs bloom; is the pH of the grow different than the bloom?
i've found some stuff that shows the grow balances out at 5.7 pH.... does the bloom also have a final pH of 5.7?
i read somewhere that flo plants like a slightly higher pH which promotes nutirent uptake... like in the 6.7 area....

what is the final pH of the bloom formulation compared to the grow formulation?
thanks

Lockebox

Lockebox

i know this is old... hopefully you're still reaing these

my question is about the final pH of the AN grow vs bloom; is the pH of the grow different than the bloom?
i've found some stuff that shows the grow balances out at 5.7 pH.... does the bloom also have a final pH of 5.7?
i read somewhere that flo plants like a slightly higher pH which promotes nutirent uptake... like in the 6.7 area....

what is the final pH of the bloom formulation compared to the grow formulation?
thanks
Are you asking about the coco version or regular?

I used the regular sensi Bloom and it registered around 6.5 mixing in distilled water

Eledin

Eledin

Yes, I found that AN does that with their bloom nutes except for the jungle liquids. Sensi bloom, conoisseur bloom and iguana bloom all put your ph around 6,5 which is best suiting for flower. That said, even when I was using ph perfect, I still meassured the PH whenever I was using other additives, it can quickly go to 6 or below depending on what youre adding and thats not good at all. I dont use them anymore but I was happy with the results for the price they have. It has NPK, calcium, magnessium and a lot of chelated minerals. Downside is, I dont like using as much nitrogen after the 3rd week of bloom, I was using mostly part B towards the end of the grow, which has a more suitable 2-4-8 NPK. With part A included it would give you 5-4-8, too much nitrogen for my liking, when they stop growing you need to cut most of the nitrogen IMO. If youre gonna use part B you lose the calcium from part A so you need to supplement them with some calcium (avoid calmags with nitrogen because thats mostly what part A is)

Last edited:
Top Bottom