Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter maxed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

decrimCA

Just started using the pH perfect lineup and it's pretty freakin amazing.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I was a loyal AN customer until I tried this..

http://greenleafnutrients.com/

I did side by sides with Botanicare, Nutrifield and AN.....AN won.

Did a side by side with Greenleaf and AN. Greenleaf is killing it homies.

I used the same ppm's and identical cuttings. The greenleaf plants look plastic they are so shiny and green.

The B52 substitute is awesome....the Sensi subs are great as is the Cal Mag.

For the money...you owe it to yourself to drop 30-40 bucks and check them out.

Garage steps 020

I

indoorherbs

If you're using the same ppms you're not actually trying to do a true side-by-side.

Use each line-up according to what works best FOR THAT LINE. Trying to match ppms is going to have one or the other brand at the wrong ppm most likely. I find that my plants are happiest at higher ppms in AN than they would be in other brands.

Beyond that it's still much too early to call a winner. Even if you get more yield that doesn't make the heavier harvest the better one. You've got to have the quality and flavor there or else you're sacrificing too much for weight. I've seen plants with colas that were - I kid you not - the size of a freakin' football in diameter. Lousiest thing I've ever smoked. You had to smoke a ton of it just to get a buzz and the next day I felt like I'd been eating steel wool.

Don't count your zips before they're cured...

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

If its a knock off of AN...why isnt a ppm comparison valid?

Its reverse engineered Sensi.

LOL...thanks for the positive vibes though...

I dont smoke weed like you described...lol....I walk away from trashy weed. Thats Bananna OGx Blueberry. It wont grow flowers that big.

M

Motherhugger

Yeah, I don't think that anyone can do what AN does. I'd want to see the journals of those grows.

AN is a superstar - and can't be imitated IMHO

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I've been taking pictures...lol....

Cant be imitated?....pfft

"There's no such thing as magic parts" -Lawrence Connely

Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux

pureblend botanicure is what i am using. but i have heard that AN is pretty good.

D

decrimCA

If you're using the same ppms you're not actually trying to do a true side-by-side.

Use each line-up according to what works best FOR THAT LINE. Trying to match ppms is going to have one or the other brand at the wrong ppm most likely. I find that my plants are happiest at higher ppms in AN than they would be in other brands.

Beyond that it's still much too early to call a winner. Even if you get more yield that doesn't make the heavier harvest the better one. You've got to have the quality and flavor there or else you're sacrificing too much for weight. I've seen plants with colas that were - I kid you not - the size of a freakin' football in diameter. Lousiest thing I've ever smoked. You had to smoke a ton of it just to get a buzz and the next day I felt like I'd been eating steel wool.

Don't count your zips before they're cured...

Exactly. I love it when growers are like 'we don't see the exact same results from another nutrient.'

Um, duh.

Still loving pH-Perfect Expert Growing bundle. Works for me.

I

indoorherbs

If its a knock off of AN...why isnt a ppm comparison valid?

Its reverse engineered Sensi.

Is it? Or do they simply SAY that it is? If they've attempted to actually reverse-engineer a particular product how would we know they'd actually done it successfully? I don't see any talk about a pH Perfect type guarantee, nor a 100% money back guarantee... doesn't sound the same to me.

I dont smoke weed like you described...lol....I walk away from trashy weed. Thats Bananna OGx Blueberry. It wont grow flowers that big.

That was the point. Size isn't everything. Even with the same strain, or within clones from the same plant, quality and potency can vary wildly. I've seen lots of side-by-sides where the lower yield was the superior product. More of crappy quality is still crappy.

For what you would save on Humic/Fulvic ALONE...and using Growmore's Humic across a years time....you could buy a super nice ph meter. Which you need anyway.

I didn't even notice this before.

You cannot "save on humic/fulvic" by buying it elsewhere and use the pH Perfect nutes. YOU DON'T BUY HUMIC/FULVIC WITH pH PERFECT. If you do, you're doing it wrong. The humic/fulvic is included in the base nutes, which you can't grow pH Perfect without. None of the pH Perfect growing bundles include additional humic/fulvic.

So if you're buying Growmore's Humic you're only adding to the overall cost of the grow.

You just buy the pH Perfect base nutes, they include the humic/fulvic already. If you want to ensure a good stable pH and get the guarantee you add the Hobbyist bundle to that. Nothing more complicated than that, and you don't need a pH meter at all that way.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Is it? Or do they simply SAY that it is? If they've attempted to actually reverse-engineer a particular product how would we know they'd actually done it successfully? I don't see any talk about a pH Perfect type guarantee, nor a 100% money back guarantee... doesn't sound the same to me.

That was the point. Size isn't everything. Even with the same strain, or within clones from the same plant, quality and potency can vary wildly. I've seen lots of side-by-sides where the lower yield was the superior product. More of crappy quality is still crappy.

You cannot "save on humic/fulvic" by buying it elsewhere and use the pH Perfect nutes. YOU DON'T BUY HUMIC/FULVIC WITH pH PERFECT. If you do, you're doing it wrong. The humic/fulvic is included in the base nutes, which you can't grow pH Perfect without. None of the pH Perfect growing bundles include additional humic/fulvic.

So if you're buying Growmore's Humic you're only adding to the overall cost of the grow.

You just buy the pH Perfect base nutes, they include the humic/fulvic already. If you want to ensure a good stable pH and get the guarantee you add the Hobbyist bundle to that. Nothing more complicated than that, and you don't need a pH meter at all that way.
A promise/guarantee is only as good as the person making it. What I'm trying to get at is they might as well not offer a 100% money back guarantee because they won't honor it, if you bring back nutes because they were all locked out into rocks they will hassle the store owner about em... bottom line is AN doesn't stand behind there products. IMO there is no need for a brand to imitate AN, cause AN just imitated AG science. They didn't reinvent the nutrient.

G

greenMI

The pH perfect thing is just advertising, I've been using their products for years, and they have always been buffered to mix at ph 5.9ish, which is great if you are making a mix to feed into a soil like medium, but if you are using tap water in a recycling res, expect your pH to rise a bit after a few hours as many cities buffer the drinking water to pH 7+ish, so you'll still need pH down. AN pH down is shockingly more potent than the orange stuff, and even a tiny splatter will give you a chemical burn so wear gloves.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I dont use base nutes every time I water.

So I save money using grow more, when I use it on off days for base nutes.

;)

So maybe you're mistaken in your assumptions?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

i'm just curious what constitutes a win and did you use all the nutrifield additives?

win = got bigger and greener, quicker.

and, yes. I think. I got a shitload of stuff from the rep. I still have some half full jugs laying around maybe. I used most of it on my veggies.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

If you rely on a nutrient company to PH your nutes for you.... you might need a fucking clue.

I'll give you your first.....buy a ph meter.

:eek: :)

FWIW....AG nutes are the shit.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

win = got bigger and greener, quicker.

and, yes. I think. I got a shitload of stuff from the rep. I still have some half full jugs laying around maybe. I used most of it on my veggies.

how was the finished product though, taste, smell, quality of the high, burn of the bud?

which rep did you get your stuff from? did he give you the nf zyme? if he did i don't think there is any product on the market that will make your plants grow as much as that stuff, i had to stop using it because it works to well, i never had anything make my plants grow like that and i use the full AN line up for over a year.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

how was the finished product though, taste, smell, quality of the high, burn of the bud?

which rep did you get your stuff from? did he give you the nf zyme? if he did i don't think there is any product on the market that will make your plants grow as much as that stuff, i had to stop using it because it works to well, i never had anything make my plants grow like that and i use the full AN line up for over a year.

I thought the final product was inferior to AN in yeild and taste.

IMHO....as always.

I wil post some pics of the GL tonight or tomorrow. I am week 2 of flower.

We shall see.....

As far as who the rep was....I dunno.

D

decrimCA

Continues to amaze me that folks think that a valid argument is about rhetoric and not results they've seen.

I speak from experience, not from the hypothetical.

Go back to the debate team. LOL

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Continues to amaze me that folks think that a valid argument is about rhetoric and not results they've seen.

I speak from experience, not from the hypothetical.

Go back to the debate team. LOL
No you don't, you speak out of your @ss or at the very least out of AN's @ss, just look at your attempted shills... errr posts. All you ever do is post in AN/nutrient threads about how great AN is, newsflash when crappy AN workers do this, it only serves to make the non ignorant people want to not buy your stuff even more. If you want more sales make a more quality/reasonable/competitive product and tone down the used car sales man marketing. Get rid of your shady/gimmicky ways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom