Adventures In Undercurrent

• Thread starter Top Shelf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Top Shelf

Top Shelf

1. Let me just jump in here and get to the point. I have been growing for around 9 years now about 4 of those years being RDWC. I have been growing only in soil now for around 2 years but I need to get my weight up so I am firing my Dro Grow back up to achieve my goals. I am hoping to find a good mentor to help me with my first Undercurrent Adventure. The areas I am looking for advice in are in the area of nutrient and ph profiles. I will veg them under t-8 floros and MH lights for around 35 days from cutting to flip. My flower room is 6x8 with 4x8 of that for the grow space. I will be building my system from scratch with whatever I can get at my local Home Improvement store. I am going to run eight 10g tubs with a 27g tote for the epicenter. I will be illuminating it with two 1000W HPS in Big Kahoona hoods with a 465cfm can fan and filter for ventilation. I will lay the details out as I grow.

I am taking cuttings today to start this adventure and these are the strains I have to work with

Chemdog D (clone only)
    Old School Blueberry (clone only)
    Casey Jones (joe schmoe cut)
    Black Widow
    Killa City Kush
    Chocolate Rain
    Purple Diesel

I have grown all of these in soil but not in Dro. I have a few more strains but I know they are low yielding and will be kept for my private stash only http://asset2.invalid.com/smilies/icon_smile.gif The Chemdog D is not a sure thing yet I may choose to replace her with something I know will yield better.

As far as nutrients go, I have not decided but I am leaning towards either Pure Blend Pro or House and Garden but Dutch Master looks pretty good too so any input on nutes would be appreciated.

I have to say I am really looking forward to firing up the ol dro gro again... I need a good adventure right now.​

B

Badmf

Update? You are crunning a lot of strains, harder to dial in and flush at the right times when finish times are different. I have done it and only run multiples OD. Cut down timesbeing diff are a good thing there!I use H/g good stuff, I am just gathering the clones and looking for a new place to do this up, as I have loads of eq in storage and I'm tired of payin for it. Love roots excelerator too.

joehank

joehank

Maybe not a good idea to start with the Botanicare stuff in the rdwc. More people here have had better success with Dutch Master. Also the under current people are making their own nutes that are getting good reviews( check out Texas Kids thread). Also I think a must would be to get some of Caps Beneficials ( read his threads in nutrients section). That way you can beat the number one cause of failures with this style of growing... root diseases. You didn't mention what your going to use for media yet, so I will not comment. I have had success ( with Ebb N Gro ) setting the PH around 5.4, and letting it drift up to around 6.3 on it's own before I adjust again or add anything. This ensures the plants are able to get what's avaialable at the specific PH levels.

Top Bottom