Advice? 2 Weeks With No Growth

• Thread starter ChronicSmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChronicSmoke

I have recently decided to give autos a try. I have two 300w full spectrum led''s in a 4x4 tent I'm using 5 gal. smart pots with a coco, perlite, and organic soil mix that I have had a lot of success with growing photos in however I usually work my way up to the 5 gal. pot with the photos but I have read a ton about how autos don't like to be transplanted and they should be started in the final pot. These 5 plants popped out of the rapid rooter's in a couple days and have not grown at all since. I've been staying between 73°f and 75°f and around 50% humidity and it has been almost 2 weeks now with no new growth. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time with autos I thought it would be easier than photos but I'm afraid I might be missing something.

Advice 2 weeks with no growth
Advice 2 weeks with no growth 2
Advice 2 weeks with no growth 3
Advice 2 weeks with no growth 4
Advice 2 weeks with no growth 5
C

ChronicSmoke

I just realized that I left a few details out.
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? 2 and 1/2 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 2 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 gal smart pots
5. What is your soil mix? 2/3Organic soil 1/3perlite+coco
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap water I water when the surface soil starts to dry
7. What is the pH of your water? Not sure I never Ph'd it in the past and have never had any issues
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? None
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? Two 300w led's total 600w
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 30 inches as recommended by the vipraspectra the brand of light I use
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4x4
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp is 73°f to 75°f humidity is always around 50%
14. What is the pH of the soil? I've never ph'd the soil and have always been successful before
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Definitely no insects
16. How much experience do you have growing? I have grown outdoors for many years maybe it's a bit oldschool but I've always just used tap water and 5 gal buckets to 50 gal barrels of organic soil depending on the size of the plant. I've never used any nutrients just good old rich composte and tap water and I've always had monster plants some taller than me. Due to the police raiding our last grow space I am now trying to get started again on a smaller scale and trying to familiarize myself with some of the newer technologies.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're in coir, the seedling is going to need to be fed. Also, you NEED to know pH, at the very minimum, or you could end up with more problems down the road due to locking out.

C

ChronicSmoke

If you're in coir, the seedling is going to need to be fed. Also, you NEED to know pH, at the very minimum, or you could end up with more problems down the road due to locking out.
Thanks. I'm new to nutrients and this will be my first 100% indoor grow but I'm growing in 2/3's organic soil and 1/3 a 50/50 coco and pearlite mix added for drainage and to help get oxygen to the roots in the past I've started photos in this same mix for a couple months without nutes and then put them outside and those plants have always grown more during the first few weeks. I'll get a pH kit today and hopefully correcting the pH will boost their growth what do you recommend for a soil pH and a water pH?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't measured soil pH, I do a slurry test in water using the Tetra Laborette test kit. It also tests hardness, both GH and KH.

If this mix (not used before I'm assuming, a fresh batch so to speak) has been working for you in the past, and it's not cold, then at that point, yes, I would start thinking something's wrong with the seedling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom