Advice appreciated

• Thread starter Peso325
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peso325

Peso325

Thank you been working on it everyday . . They’re different strains got a bout 5 different strains . How would I make them more uniform ?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Naw, it’s something to think about next time around You veg. An even canopy height means more dispersal of the light evenly acros all plants and buds.
Other ad I would give Is to spend a little more time pruning prior to the bloom ray to consolidate your bugs near the to of the plant. It’s something I don’t always do, but it will improve yield. It will also reduce and crowding your are experiencing
thats About all I got with observation.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Good job, have you checked how much air you're moving? Not to nit pic but I'd throw some inlines along the ducting. Seems like a long run with a 90

Peso325

Peso325

Good job, have you checked how much air you're moving? Not to nit pic but I'd throw some inlines along the ducting. Seems like a long run with a 90
No I haven’t how would I do that ? Some inlines ??? Long run with a 90? Sorry you would have to elaborate I don’t get the lingo or terms yet lol and nit pik all you want it’ll only help me out thanks a lot

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Any more then a 30° angle and your flow changes, if you add extra inline fans to the ducting in the middle of the long stretchs and after big bends, the flow moves easier. It looks great though,If I were setting it up I would use an anemometer to check flows or speed of air in relation to whats listed for your cfm rating.(edit-they are good to check dead air between and around plants also) I love the big ducts though and its just to make sure your room is refreshing adequately. It's probably great or better then that, cheers

Palindrome

Palindrome

What’s good guys I’m a newbie here just trying to soak up some knowledge any input would be appreciated
All I can tell is that you've got a 6x4 grid of HPS lights - I'll assume 1,000W which puts your room at somewhere between 400 and 600 sq ft. if you've lighted up properly. I think I see an air handler unit (dehumidifier?). You're using HPS - judging by the solid yellow spectrum (doesn't look like metal halide/sodium hybrid). You have to be cranking out some serious heat and it is not clear how you are venting it out but it's obviously working. I have no idea of your air circulation but I would set up for a circular air movement in your room (move the air clockwise or counter clockwise and drop the fans down a couple of feet - just above the canopy put pointing down at a slight angle - you want to move air through the canopy for best effect. The plants look healthy enough as far as I can tell. I like to trim back more but you are obviously a commercial grower with that kind of setup. I'm an amateur, although an experienced plant breeder (normal crops, not Cannabis) and experienced research station manager. It looks like you are using 50 or 60 litre (I'm from Canada) containers - that's PLENTY big (no complaints). I'm not sure how you feed them but its working for you as far as I can tell. What I'm more interested in is what you might be growing and what you are doing with them (simple commercial bud production or are you doing any breeding? It's hard not knowing what you are growing - looks like some sativa in there - likely indica/sativa based hybrids of some sort. The internode spacing is more etiolated that what I grow (your plants look like they are reaching for the light a bit) which could indicate slight under-lighting or less than perfect light quality - not enough to re-design but still a thought. I use an LED setup for energy efficiency, heat reduction and quality of light - balanced plus a minimum 1,000PAR at mid-height of plants - that's me though...oh, what temp do you run at (light/dark) and do you CO2 enhance?

Peso325

Peso325

All I can tell is that you've got a 6x4 grid of HPS lights - I'll assume 1,000W which puts your room at somewhere between 400 and 600 sq ft. if you've lighted up properly. I think I see an air handler unit (dehumidifier?). You're using HPS - judging by the solid yellow spectrum (doesn't look like metal halide/sodium hybrid). You have to be cranking out some serious heat and it is not clear how you are venting it out but it's obviously working. I have no idea of your air circulation but I would set up for a circular air movement in your room (move the air clockwise or counter clockwise and drop the fans down a couple of feet - just above the canopy put pointing down at a slight angle - you want to move air through the canopy for best effect. The plants look healthy enough as far as I can tell. I like to trim back more but you are obviously a commercial grower with that kind of setup. I'm an amateur, although an experienced plant breeder (normal crops, not Cannabis) and experienced research station manager. It looks like you are using 50 or 60 litre (I'm from Canada) containers - that's PLENTY big (no complaints). I'm not sure how you feed them but its working for you as far as I can tell. What I'm more interested in is what you might be growing and what you are doing with them (simple commercial bud production or are you doing any breeding? It's hard not knowing what you are growing - looks like some sativa in there - likely indica/sativa based hybrids of some sort. The internode spacing is more etiolated that what I grow (your plants look like they are reaching for the light a bit) which could indicate slight under-lighting or less than perfect light quality - not enough to re-design but still a thought. I use an LED setup for energy efficiency, heat reduction and quality of light - balanced plus a minimum 1,000PAR at mid-height of plants - that's me though...oh, what temp do you run at (light/dark) and do you CO2 enhance?
Thanks a lot for the info and feed back , the temperature dies get a lil high 87-94 and at night 67-72 degrees but I water them every day And I have two carbon filters going along with about 16 fans geting temp down is on my mains goals at the moment along with Tieing up branches because I lagged it on the treles on some but the plants don’t seem to mind the heat at all as long as they’re hydrated and it’s not to humid

Peso325

Peso325

Thanks a lot for the info and feed back , the temperature dies get a lil high 87-94 and at night 67-72 degrees but I water them every day And I have two carbon filters going along with about 16 fans geting temp down is on my mains goals at the moment along with Tieing up branches because I lagged it on the treles on some but the plants don’t seem to mind the heat at all as long as they’re hydrated and it’s not to humid
And as for the strains I have in there they’re some blueberry cookies , CLxAC , kush sherbet, and ice cream cakes ,

Peso325

Peso325

Stupid question but that window is blacked out right?
Yea it’s blacked out but I put a filter and some breathable fabric to blacck it out when I turn the lights on I open up the shades so some cool air can come in helps with the temp at least in that corner since we I leave it’s usually around 60-70 degrees at night

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea it’s blacked out but I put a filter and some breathable fabric to blacck it out when I turn the lights on I open up the shades so some cool air can come in helps with the temp at least in that corner since we I leave it’s usually around 60-70 degrees at night
Just curious if nigh temps are much lower if you have considered running the light cycle at night in the future to help control the temps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom